Sephora Beauty Blender

Sephora  Beauty Blender

4.5

The beauty blender is definitely my go-to applicator for foundation. MY skin is dry and rough and the beauty blenders added moisture really helps smooth out my foundation. The material is incredibly soft and springy that no other knock-off can replicate.

A downside is definitely the fact that the blender absorbs a lot of product, another is that it is difficult to clean and quite expensive to replace.

It is ridiculously priced. 25 USD for some sponge is a lot of money. Yet it is totally worth it The wet sponge delivers a very beautiful finish, very natural looking skin.

on 1/8/2017 2:56:00 AM

Totally worth it

on 1/7/2017 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

For the longest time I was convinced this was a gimmicky way to apply foundation, then I purchased one on a whim (the nude, beige color) and I must say I am SO impressed. I had purchased cheap knock offs which can't hold a flame to how soft, light and comfortable this feels on the skin. I wouldn't say it waters down my makeup, but the damp sponge sheers my full coverage foundation out and makes it look so much more natural and smooth. I am undecided on whether or not this soaks up product, but my foundation stains can't seem to be washed off the sponge (with baby shampoo). I've only been using this for about a week, so I can't comment on how well this will hold up. I haven't tried any middle of the road dupes, but I really like this and will most likely repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Lives up to the hype for sure!

I tried several of the cheap dupes and sponges out there but this one really is worth the money, it makes foundation go on flawlessly if you follow the instructions on the little insert. I also use it for concealer sometimes and baking my undereye concealer with powder always. I also use it to blend my contour out. I (gently) clean it weekly with a mix of organic coconut oil, antibacterial dish soap and bath and body works hand soap so personally I say don't buy the cleanser they try to sell with it.

This product is absolutely amazing. I first heard about the Original Beauty Blender from a sales person at Sephora a few years ago and laughed to myself "yeah right, a $20 sponge. Puleeeease." Fast forward to 2015. My make up just wasn't going on flawlessly, I was exfoliating, moisturizing, priming up a storm, buying $60 foundation HD brushes and still my foundation looked like a hot mess. So, I broke down gave the Original Beauty Blend a whirl.

OMG. You're kidding me. I lost my mind. Seamless, flawless, perfect in harsh daylight, easy to put on. No going over and over things to get streaks, lines and patches out. Using the blender was so fast and easy....

I don't write reviews. This product changed everything and me. Now people (Men especially-- and the fellas don't notice things as much as we do!) compliment me on my flawless glowing skin. The blender is my ride or die. Nothing-- not even $100 foundation brushes compare. Buy it. And buy another one.

Tip 1: No need to buy the expensive Original Beauty Blender cleaning solution, it's actually a bit harsh on the blender and doesn't get it fully clean. Buy the Sephora $6 Mini Solid Brush Cleaner, this will get your blender super clean, and do it gently.

Tip 2: Let your Beauty Blender dry in an open air area, I wouldn't even set it on top of the plastic case it comes with. The key to making it last is regular cleaning and open air drying.

Tip 3: Follow the Original Beauty blender directions-- bounce it on your face.

Tip 4: Be sure that the Blender is damp-- not soaking wet with water.

Tip 5: DO NOT buy a dupe. It's not the same, it's not made with the same proprietary materials. Nothing matches the quality of this product. I've looked and tried.

Enjoy-- this product is amazing!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

buy this. seriously. if you have not, buy it right now!

i know, i know. $20 for a sponge? but it's seriously the best thing i've ever tried. i've bought every makeup brush known to woman, used my fingers, and even drug store sponges. nothing applies foundation (or powder for baking) quite like this little beauty. **make sure you wet it** if you don't you'll be very sad. if you use foundation and you have a face, you must own this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There will always be controversy over this because of the price; a lot of people cannot rationalize spending $20+ on a sponge, and I definitely sympathize with that line of thinking, but this is one of those times I had to just swallow hard and bite the bullet.

After all, we have no problem spending that kind of money on a makeup brush, or a lipstick, and those might not even get as much daily use as this does. I am not sure how well these hold up on a long-term basis; I have had mine for about a month and it is still in perfect condition. Before this I was using the NYX blender which is cheaper and I can recommend to you, but this blender is a bit softer and bouncier.

If you're looking for the ultimate makeup tool that will simplify your routine and take foundation/concealer/contour application to the next level, this is the final frontier. I can't even tell you how much better and smoother everything looks since I threw this in the mix. I even use this to pick up powder and "bake" my undereye, forehead and Cupid's bow areas. It goes without saying, if you want the most bang for your buck, this must be used dampened.

So, that's that. I spent $20 on a freaking sponge and it was maybe the best beauty decision I've made in a decade. It's one of those things you really have to just experience for yourself, but it gets my vote.

on 6/13/2016 9:43:00 PM

I got my first Beauty Blender over 6 months ago and I'm HOOKED! It gives such a seamless and natural finish to foundation. I prefer full coverage, matte foundations which can often end up looking cakey and very made up... but not if I use a beauty blender! It's also the BEST tool for blending out under eye concealer. I cannot live without a beauty blender anymore, seriously! I did find the process of having to wet it before use a little annoying at first but it only takes a few seconds and those few seconds are so worth the end result :) The only con I've experienced with the beauty blender are the foundation stains. I use the Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser a few times a week to clean mines... Initially I used to clean it after every use but either way, there's always been some stubborn stains stuck on the sponge which just do NOT come off. Give it a try. You won't look back!

on 4/20/2016 11:03:00 AM

The Beauty Blender is a $20 makeup sponge that is supposed to provide an even application of foundation. You can purchase it online or at Sephora stores and it comes in several colors. There is the original pink, black, nude, purple, and the green micro minis. There are limited edition shades that sometimes come out. It is egg-shaped, so the bottom or the "butt" is a large surface and the pointed end is smaller and gets into corners easier. Before using it, you must wet the sponge and make sure that it grows in size. I like to just put a little liquid foundation on the butt of the sponge and then use a dabbing motion to apply it to my face. When I get to the eyes, I used to pointed end to get around the corners. I never drag because foundation is smoother with that bouncing and dabbing instead of streaky with pulling and dragging. The sponge sheers out my foundation very nicely and blends it flawlessly. Using this has been a bit of a learning curve because I love my foundation brushes. I think they blend my foundation just as well as the BB, but brushes are not quite as gentle to the skin.

Cleaning the BB is really annoying. I use the BB solid cleanser and that gets it clean, but it never gets EVERYTHING completely off. I just wet the BB and then rub it into the soap. Then, I massage it into the sponge where there are stains. I see that when the soap suds, the foundation comes off, but it can never be fully clean. Even after drying, I notice the stains that will forever be there. This sponge can also tear. You must be careful! I tore a couple of small holes in it on the pointy end, but I use the butt end more, so it doesn't affect me as much. It is a $20 sponge, so I try to prolong the use of it. You are supposed to replace it every 3 months, but with regular cleaning and proper drying, you could get away with using it for six months to a year. I just don't find it economical or necessary to replace this like mascara.

Overall this pricey sponge will apply foundation beautifully. With proper care, you can prolong the life of your BB and make $20 well worth it. The solid cleanser seems to be the only thing that cleans it well enough to my liking, but I've heard of people using Zote Soap instead. I will be using the nude BB next because the foundation won't make it look so dirty. Great product, but it can be a hassle to use.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools