L'Occitane 15% Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Lotion

L'Occitane 15% Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Lotion

3.5

I have mixed feelings about this product - it does the job well, the scent is nice and it lasts a while but it is quite pricey and overall quite a boring product. I received this in a mini size in the L’occitane Advent Calender and have used the whole bottle. I use this after washing with the Shea Shower Oil and the combination does leave my skin feeling soft and hydrated. The Shea scent is very light, lighter than L’occitane’s other Shea scented products. If you are adverse to strong fragrances then you would love this. It is incredibly mild. It is very gentle on the skin, but nicely moisturising. It isn’t very rich, quite light and liquidy but it does the job. A little goes a long way. Overall I would happily use this again if I were to get it as a gift or in an Advent Calender, but I personally wouldn’t go out and purchase myself a bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have a sample of this, which I actually use on my hands. It is truly rich, if compared with my L'occitane Green Tea body cream. The smell doesn't bother me and it is paraben-free.

on 11/18/2013 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Contains shea butter, honey, almond oil, coconut oil, and grapeseed oil. Has a baby powder type scent that lingers and I do not care for. It works ok but not as good as Aveeno, Curel or Cetaphil Restoraderm skin lotions.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a travel size in a L'Occitane set and took a while to use it as I've found other moisturisers I've tried containing shea butter haven't always been that great at sinking into my skin.

As this was only a 15ml bottle, I decided to use it as a hand cream rather than a body lotion as I didn't think I would get many uses out of it that way. As a hand cream though this was really good - it smells really pleasant, goes on nicely and you don't need much to really feel like you've moisturised. Importantly for me, this also sinks into my skin rather than leaving a greasy, slimy layer which I can't abide!

I know you can get others in this range which have 20% and 25% shea butter in them, but for me 15% was more than enough to feel like it was getting the job done. Prices for this seem to range from around 6.00GBP up to about 30.00GBP, but as a 15ml bottle of this lasted me well over 3 months when using it every day, I think the price is pretty reasonable.

Popular Lotions / Creams