Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation Powder

Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation Powder

3.7

Every shade except "rich sand" contains the same ingredients: mica, camellia sinensis leaf extract, quartz, smithsonite extract, tourmaline, kaolin, pearl powder, ruby powder, sea salt/Maris Sal/Sel marin. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), zinc oxide (CI 77947), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ultramarines (CI 77007), ferric ammonium ferrocyanide (CI 77510). "rich sand" contains: talc, mica, zea mays (corn) starch, zinc stearate, dimethicone, ethylene/methacrylate copolymer, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, quartz, ruby powder, smithsonite extract, tourmaline, tetrasodium EDTA, isopropyl titanium Triisostearate, kaolin, pearl powder, sea salt/maris sal/sel marin, Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Super cute packaging. It has a sifter top, so all of the product doesn't pore out. That's the only thing I like! It settles into pores like no other!
I think it has glitter particles in it? Just really weird.
It lasted about 2 hrs in my oily skin. Not worth the price.
Physicians formula is much better for powder foundation.

This powder foundation is AMAZING. Ran out of my Makeup Forever HD liquid foundation and wanted to try a powder foundation for my skin. I recently moved to California from a super humid climate- my face is acne prone but with the dry weather here I've been developing dry patches. This foundation covers both beautifully (especially when paired w NARS liquid concealer or the maracuya tarte concealer). Full disclosure- I use sealing sprays (all nighter by urban decay) so cannot attest to use of the foundation without a setting powder and spray. Will definitely repurchase!

on 4/27/2017 1:26:00 PM

I agree with the previous poster, the light neutral turned me orange! I had bought it for myself as a gift for xmas but was trying to finish up some other makeup before trying this one. Unfortunately once I tried it and realized how orange I looked, it was too late to return or exchange. The airbuki brush was lovely though and made the makeup apply nicely. Waste of money though. Oddly enough the light neutral in the liquid version of this makeup matches me perfectly. Sigh.

on 4/7/2017 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this, as an alternative to liquid foundations. But it was a complete letdown. I loved the packaging but that's about it. The colour I was matched to didn't fit. I'm NC25 and was given Light Neutral, which is way too peach. Within an hour, I looked positively Trump-esque, not a great look on anyone. Worse than the shade though, I noticed that I had started flaking around my nose, which made me so self-conscious I kept rushing to the loo to pick at the flakes. Airbrushed look? Not even close.

on 10/12/2016 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

For the last three year or so, I've been strictly a liquid-y foundation kind of girl. have very combo/oily skin and am very acne prone. I also work for a cosmetic boutique, so the perfect face is imperative. I always thought powders would not give enough coverage or would separate as my t-zone became oily, but this doesn't! I've been using it for about three months and i'm in LOVE.

It glides on like butter and warms and blends into the skin seamlessly, lasting me all day and night! It's so easy and I love the net in the center to keep my powder from getting all over the place!

Loving this foundation. This is the only exact match I've found for my skin tone - I think that their neutrals have a slight yellow/green undertone to them. Love the mesh packaging - it makes it easier to use a beauty blender with it.

Lasts a full day for me. The formula is more medium than full coverage - which I liked but if you were looking for full coverage I wouldn't recommend this.

Took off one lipstick because it's doesn't seem to last very long. Still trying to find a primer that will have this last all day.

on 7/7/2016 9:38:00 PM

I purchased this powder foundation after eyeing it for awhile. I've used BM for years and wanted to try new products of similar quality. I have dry, oily, acne-prone skin and so far this foundation has been pretty good! It has not broken me out and my skin doesn't get any more oily than it usually does by mid-day. I just blot with a tissue and I am good to go. I actually like this product better than the bare minerals as it seems to provide better coverage and a more flawless appearance. It does cling to dry skin, but I find most powders tend to do that regardless and it's just important to hydrate very well the night before and prior to applying makeup as well as regular exfoliation. I also use the tarte poreless primer and that really helps this product go on smoothly. It isn't really a matte finish, I'm not sure if that is just my skin, but it ends up looking slightly dewy even after setting powder. It provides medium coverage I would say, I think to put on more product to achieve full coverage you would look cakey. A little product goes a long way and I think this pot will last me a long time even with daily use. As for the packaging, I'm not sure how I feel about the mesh. I have to try to put a little on by dabbing the mesh and then I usually swirl the brush on the underside of the lid to evenly distribute the product on the brush or else it tends to cake where the brush first touches your face. My only issue with this foundation is that it doesn't stay as well as I would like it to. I have to blot my face due to oil a few times a day and some product comes off on the tissue and on my surgical mask at work and by the time I'm done an 8hr shift I look like I never applied makeup except for my eyes.

on 5/29/2016 2:30:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

For reference's sake, I'm a Chinese girl in her mid-thirties with combination skin, living in a tropical country and spent a lot of time in the office. In short, I alternate between hot and humid outdoors and cold and dry office. For my kind of environment, climate and skin type, I find mineral powder foundation works best for me. After application, the powder gradually blend into my skin due to heat, sebum and probably other factors until my skin looks naturally flawless and blemish-free.

I've been eyeing this foundation from Tarte for a very long time but was quite reluctant to take the plunge, mainly because my EM mineral powder base works very well on my skin and the price for this Tarte foundation is more than double than that of my EM powder. SGD58 for a Tarte foundation compared to my EM powder, which I bought online from iHerb and it only cost me SGD20.90 w/o shipping.

Anyway, I finally took the plunge and got this foundation in fair-light neutral shade. I did not buy the airbrush kabuki brush because I already have two kabuki brushes and one RT buffing brush.

First try was a disaster. I did not put any primer before application and I end up looking very shiny even before I reach the office. My fine lines and pores were very visible.

Second try: I remember to apply primer first. I use Tarte's creaseless eye primer on my eyelids, Tarte's poreless primer on my visible-pore areas on the tip of my nose and chin to prevent shine (both of which I've reviewed) and on the rest of my face and neck, I apply my Alima Pure balancing primer powder, wait for everything to set before using my RT buffing brush to apply the foundation. It went on better.

I discovered on my first try that it didn't take a lot of product to achieve medium coverage, just a very thin layer on the brush tips. If I need full coverage, I just have to wait a while for the first layer to set before applying a second thin coverage. Which means this one pot may last me a good long while, making it affordable in the long run.

This foundation has the same effect as my EM mineral powder when wore on my skin. However, it didn't react as well as my EM powder when alternating between two extreme environments. I did wear it for an entire day outdoors in hot and humid Singapore and was very surprised to find it working better than my EM powder. I did not have to blot or reapply, I had no shine and my skin really looked healthily glowy despite perspiring so much. I was so happy!

No-makeup makeup look achieved!

One last tip for wearing Tarte foundation: you MUST prep your face the night before. Meaning you have to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate your skin. Because the Amazonian clay ingredient in the foundation has a tendency to absorb your skin sebum, your skin can dry out with using this foundation. I honestly wouldn't recommend this for dry skin. I have combination skin and I find myself having to moisture/hydrate my normal-type areas generously to compensate.

on 5/25/2016 11:46:00 AM

I was so very hesitant to try this because of my dry and aging skin. when I used a liquid foundation with a setting powder I would look majorly dry and cakey. I'm SO happy that I decided to try this mineral foundation. it looks AMAZING on my skin. I had no idea that a mineral powder foundation could make my skin feel so hydrated. I've tried at least 30 different liquid foundations from drug store to extremely high end and none of them even come close to comparing with this foundation. it is my holy grail foundation. notb only dies it make my skin look great it lasts all day long and does not dry my skin out. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

on 3/12/2016 7:48:00 PM

For reference, I am very fair skinned, in my mid twenties, blonde hair and blue eyes.
I've tried my fair share of mineral powder foundations, and so far this is the best one that I have found. I definitely get the air brushed vibe with this powder, it looks great and natural. I can put a lot of this on and it really doesn't look like I have a lot on. It does a decent job of covering up blemishes, but I wouldn't say its full coverage status. I would put this in the medium to full category, just because I don't think it covers as much as it should for being advertised as full coverage.
I personally don't experience the oily factor like some have been saying; I have minimal oil on my face after wearing this all day. I've got to say that my skin loves this stuff. I used to use Bare Minerals which RUINED my face, and I have minimal acne when using this.
I love the packaging, the mesh thing in it is awesome and allows me to perfectly apply the powder with a reasonable amount on my brush, and I can layer more accurately this way.
Overall, I really like this product and will continue to use it until I find something better that looks as natural as this stuff.
It's on the pricey end, but I would recommend that anyone try this if you're on the fence about it!