Freeman Beauty Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Beauty Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.6

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

on 1/21/2018 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Superb scrub. It takes away all the dry patches and makes my skin feel very soft. I am not sure the mask does anything but it sure polishes. I will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Despite having an almost full tube of Freemans Avocado and Oatmeal Mask sitting on my counter, I purchased this mask to use because my skin was having a field day with flakes and dry skin and pores that seemed to be getting larger by the day. My flaking was out of control and nothing I did was helping. I needed to do some serious damage control, but I didn't have a lot of extra cash to drop.

I picked this up at Walgreens for about $6. Not too bad. I have sensitive combination skin with a dry forehead and oily nose and then random dry patches on my cheeks. My nose and forehead is always where I get the most flaking, especially around my nose ring, for some odd reason. I'm not sure why, as I've had it for over 10 years now.

Enter the polishing mask with charcoal and black sugar. I have sensitive skin, so the first time I used this mask, I only left it on for about five minutes tops. I was absolutely terrified that the mask would cause a massive breakout. At my age (29) I really don't want to deal with adult acne unless there's a damn good reason (like a menstrual breakout). I was really surprised to find that this mask smells good, and that the grains of sugar are rather large. They look like sugar in the raw (the brand that comes in brown packets). I'm used to masks that have a smooth grainy texture, this is not one of them. If you want something that's smooth and that peels off, this isn't the mask for you. The texture is like really thick, gritty mud. It's kind of awkward to spread around with your fingers, but I got used to it fairly quickly. I spread it thickly around my forehead and on my nose, which is where I was having the most problems with flaking and went to watch a quick few minutes of a TV show. After the time was up I filled the sink with hot water and got a damp washcloth to rinse the mask away. You do have to rub a bit due to the texture. I started off using handfuls of water to rinse the mask, and that worked pretty well.

Surprise of all surprises, my skin was left feeling extremely soft and oh so smooth afterwards. I normally have problems with flaky skin in the mornings, and when I woke up the day prior, I had none of that, just smooth, clear and beautiful skin. Color me impressed. I waited for a few days after using the mask to make sure it didn't break me out, and so far, it has not. I'm going to use it again and will probably use it once or twice a week to combat my dry skin and huge pores. For only $6, this cruelty free mask isn't that bad. The ingredients list didn't scare me away either. I'm extremely pleased, and I'm going to try the Avocado and Oatmeal mask next! If you have horribly dry skin, try this one!

on 11/4/2016 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I personally think it a great scrub it gets rid of the excess dirt and oils from the face. The smell is amazing. My mum who has oily skin loves it. However, I don't think it should be used daily as it can be a bit drying and harsh on the skin.

on 9/14/2016 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got some samples of these at my local Walmart. Very cheap and a lot comes in the little package. Right now my skin is being good to me, but looked a little dull so I tried this sugar scrub. Using my hands I massages this into my skin especially my nose where I have a bunch of tiny clogged pores or filaments whatever. Anyway my skin felt sooo smooth afterwards no lie. Can't wait to see what tomorrow morning looks like . Btw it did nothing for my clogged nose pores but my skin does feel
Good

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So... every time I go to the store to buy this there's always only one left! It's freaking great. Honestly I use it everyday. I don't leave it on for long. .I do scrub my face and neck with it for a good minute or two..it's leaves my fave soft and smooth and pores do appear smaller.. best stuff ever. . What I do hate it the cap. It doesn't close easily I always have to push it extra hard. If you don't hear the snap then it isn't closed right

on 2/28/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I've tried LOTS of scrubs, masks, etc. and this stuff is amazing!! Has a pleasant low-key smell (neither overtly "chemical" or "natural/medicinal" and it's a steal for the price.

Although it's called a mask, it's like a scrub. It's pleasantly gritty. My skin is pretty sensitive, and I use this once a week. My skin looks and smells nice and clean - not at all raw or irritated.

on 1/30/2015 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is great! I have sensitive skin that is irritated by products like the st.ives scrub that everyone raves about. This is a great exfoliant that does not irritate my skin, and also smells lovely. I use this twice a week to reduce the look of pores and black heads.

on 12/27/2014 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought it yesterday. Unfortunely it wasn't available in a full size bottle. It sooooo good. It exfoliates. The black sugar helps so much. What i did was applied it to my face and neck for like 10 minutes and then i applied a little amount of water and started to massage for 2 minutes and the rinse . my skin felt soft. it works!

on 9/25/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love, Love, Love Freemans products! For a drugstore skin treatment these facials are magical. The mask never really gets hard on your face and its more of a scrub but that's to be expected since it has black sugar in it. Because of the charcoal it will heat up a bit and that feels wonderful. For me, scrubs are a pain to rinse off and so is this one lol My skin feels smooth and fresh afterwards, that is the objective. So for 4 bucks give it a try.

FYI, I've spotted the masks at Krogers in the single packets for 1.99.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

AMAZINNGGGGGGGGG !!!!!! best mask besides from the cucumber one.
this product isnt really a so called "mask" but it does wonder
after one use i could tell my skin was brighther, had a nice glow to it. very smooth , and the product warms up when you rub it in.