Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

3.9

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

on 7/16/2017 12:24:00 PM

Love!!! This scrub makes my skin look so smooth and polished and glowy. With no irritation. Doesn't make my skin feel stripped or dried-out in the least. This is great!

The instructions say to apply a layer, let it sit for a few minutes, and then scrub it off. The texture is a little bit gloopy and it doesn't spread evenly. But it rinses off easily and it leaves my skin looking so bright. And it's dirt-cheap too! I'm so glad I gave this a try.

For reference my skin is combo-oily, not sensitive.

I'd definitely buy this again. Recommended!

For an exfoilant it's EXTREMELY harsh. I was expecting a fine sand type texture. I felt like I was wiping my face with sandpaper and that was like the lightest pressure being applied. Also I've never had a bad reaction to any skincare product in my life. However this one has made my face incredibly red and itchy from my ears my whole face and my neck. At first I thought the product was just doing it's work as most products do by giving a little bit of a break out. But my face is one big rash. I'm extremely disappointed. And now I have to get a medicated cream to ease the rash. I've never had bad breakouts maybe the odd few pimples here and there. But this is horrible. I'm sorry I really wanted to like this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is amazing and seems to be the only thing that works for my acne prone skin. I noticed my skin clearing up within a week of using this and then managed to leave it at the gym. My skin started getting bad again so I stocked up on 6 of these so that it doesn't happen again. I use it every night to take my makeup off and once a week I leave it on for 20 mins as a mask. The price is great too I was under the impression that the more expensive something is the better it will work but this is about £5 a bottle and it work loads better than any high end product I've had. LOVE IT!!!

on 1/28/2016 2:58:00 PM

I sometimes use this as a mask, but mostly use it as a scrub. And it's cheap and effective! The exfoliating particles are kinda big and can be harsh but it's sugar so they dissolve pretty quickly into a more manageable texture. I would advise those with very sensitive skin to be careful, though. It smells sweet, has really decent ingredients, and if you go whole hog and use it as a mask it leaves your face glassy-smooth.

It's so cheap that I regularly use it on random body parts too. It's a really good butt exfoliator, like before a date night... (no judging, try it out sometime lol). It does have cononut stuff in it, so watch out if that breaks you out (it doesn't affect my face, but it breaks my chest out, go figure).

The cap sucks though...once you open it once, it'll never fully close again.

Worst mask I have ever used. Seriously disrupted my skins natural balance. I was left red, irritated and blotchy. The next day I had new breakouts, dry patches and over-all my skin was uncomfortable. Would never recommend to any skin type and would never use again. Too harsh in every way including the way it smelled! Way too fragrant, way too abrasive and coarse in texture.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Went through a whole bottle now I am on my second one. Well I use this about 2-3 times a week on days where I wash with an exfoliator and then I apply this and scrub it off in circular motions to really get in. I do really like it! It helps to clear up Acne quicker and my face looks like it is glowing and healthy and not dull anymore. It does make my face a bit dry because it feels sqeauky clean. But I like the interesting concept of this mask and will
Continue to use it

on 12/3/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Bought the sample size after reading about charcoal as the new "it" facial trend. This mask was voted Best of Beauty 2013 in Allure mag & got rave reviews on MUA & various blogs. After trying it once, I ran to get the full size tube. FYI, have normal-dry Latin olive skin with a touch of Rosacea on my cheeks. Looks like I have slightly risky cheeks. This is a mask/scrub hybrid. Love multitasking products. The scent is both clean & a bit masculine (nice). There are sugar granules in an oil base (lavender). The sugar gives the mask a dense feel so I try to spread it on well as to warm the mask. I let it sit for 10 minutes then massage it in fir a minute before rinsing with warm water. Rinses off with easily & leaves my skin feeling super soft & relaxed. My skin even looks brighter & fresh a bit afterwards. I started using it in the summertime & think it will work well year-round. Lots of good ingredients (carbon, ginger, coconut & various fruits, lavender oil, sandalwood). I use a mask once a week & this is in my permanent rotation.

on 11/12/2014 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Freeman's is generally a good brand, and charcoal masks generally work pretty well. But, this didn't work for me. Made my skin feel clean, sure, but it actually somehow made my skin look...duller. I ended up just using it as a mild exfoliator for other parts of my body in the shower, which it works just fine as. I can't recommend this, I much prefer Freeman's pineapple mask.

on 10/27/2014 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- leaves skin feeling soft
- shrinks pores
- brightens
- scent
- great for both dry and oily skin types
- can use as face scrub or mask

CONS

- can be messy

COMMENTS: I really don't have anything bad to say about this aside from it being a little messy. I like how you can adjust it according to your skin's sensitivity. It can be harsh, however when using this on damp skin or just wetting your fingertips it becomes less abrasive and more suitable for all skin types. My skin is left feeling incredibly soft, looks brighter, and pores/blackheads are less noticeable. Another thing is, you can use this as a mask or just for exfoliating purposes. I love using it for both.

Will repurchase.

I am completely in love with this product!! I use it every day as an exfoliant and it leaves my skin baby smooth and instantly gives a radiant glow. A little goes a long way. It heats up on contact and its so soothing to my skin. For under $4 I will purchase this product again and again.