Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I did not expect to love this as much I do. I have dry skin, so I generally stay away from everything charcoal, but I wanted to try out a new exfoliating product and now I am hooked, HOOKED I tell ya.

I found that the best way to apply this mask is with your fingers, I tried it with a brush and with a silicone spatula thingy and it just got everywhere. I was very surprised by the consistency, as it has the sugary texture, but there's also some kind of oily stuff in there too. Don't get alarmed by the oil thing, this does not clog your pores.

I leave the mask on for about 15 minutes, and yes, it does feel a bit warm on the face. Then I rub it all over my face and it just leaves the skin so smooth and silky, clean but not dry and just very fresh.

Will definitely buy again, as it didn't last so much for me, maybe because I just like to slather on pounds of face mask product at a time...

on 4/22/2017 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Overall, this product is great for what it claims-to polish the skin. I currently suffer with quite a bit of acne scarring and this has noticebly brightened my complexion. I disagree with the previous commenter's review that claims the mask is too rough as a scrub... it's a sugary texture and is as gentle as a cleanser. The ingredients are crazy!! So many natural extracts and oils for such a cheap product! Also, I have been using this mask for about a year and have not broken out. My skin is extremely sensitive as well. Another thing, don't expect this product to be acne fighting because that's not what it claims to do. It's a great exfoliator that washes off debris and brightens the face. Packaging could be better but all in all, a great mask!

For an exfoilant it's EXTREMELY harsh. I was expecting a fine sand type texture. I felt like I was wiping my face with sandpaper and that was like the lightest pressure being applied. Also I've never had a bad reaction to any skincare product in my life. However this one has made my face incredibly red and itchy from my ears my whole face and my neck. At first I thought the product was just doing it's work as most products do by giving a little bit of a break out. But my face is one big rash. I'm extremely disappointed. And now I have to get a medicated cream to ease the rash. I've never had bad breakouts maybe the odd few pimples here and there. But this is horrible. I'm sorry I really wanted to like this product.

on 10/1/2016 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I use this mask/scrub once a week. It has charcoal, like an Origins mask that I use sometimes. Plus...it is also a sugar scrub (Fresh makes one). I use most of the mask for the body, but my face also gets a gentle exfoliation and detox. This is a great product for a great price!

on 9/14/2016 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got some samples of these at my local Walmart. Very cheap and a lot comes in the little package. Right now my skin is being good to me, but looked a little dull so I tried this sugar scrub. Using my hands I massages this into my skin especially my nose where I have a bunch of tiny clogged pores or filaments whatever. Anyway my skin felt sooo smooth afterwards no lie. Can't wait to see what tomorrow morning looks like . Btw it did nothing for my clogged nose pores but my skin does feel
Good

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm using the CVS copy of this (same ingredients) and so far I like it. My skin started to get warm as I applied this and after rinsing with water my face felt really soft. I recommend it because it is not drying whatsoever and it's SUPER affordable. Can't testify it has done miracles on my skin yet.

on 1/28/2016 10:41:00 AM

This is very abrasive, i think for most using it once a month or once every 2 weeks would be enough (as long as you are exfoliating regularly already)

But the results are SO GOOD. My skin was so smooth after. Its a little drying, i follow up with a hydrating mask and and a heavy moisturizer. Would def repurchase.

on 12/30/2015 9:57:00 PM

I don't normally use masks...and this is barely what I would consider a mask...but I like it. I kind of smear/pat it on my face and try to stay very still while its on so it doesn't drip off my face. I know most people like to scrub their face with this but I could never-my skin is too delicate and prone to broken caps. I find just the act of rinsing this off my face is scrubbing action enough. It makes my skin feel smoother and softer and looks clearer for a few days after using. I use this about as often as I can remember...maybe once every 1-2 weeks. This doesn't irritate my sensitive skin in the slightest...I don't even get the "warming" feeling other people describe. I much prefer the mud mask version of this...but as of yet I haven't found that product in full size- only packets...so for now this will do. The one thing I cant stand about this is I cant manage to close the cap properly after using because of the damn sugar granules clogging it up. This is not essential to my life but its fun

on 12/7/2015 4:22:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I was super surprised by this mask/scrub. I like the heating effect, and I also love the way i feels as a scrub. It doesn't hurt my skin or leave it red and irritated like some do. The day after using this, I noticed that my skin had a healthy glow and my tone looked more even. I purchased the little sample packet, I love that Freeman does that, just to see if I liked it. I will be purchasing the full size! :)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Went through a whole bottle now I am on my second one. Well I use this about 2-3 times a week on days where I wash with an exfoliator and then I apply this and scrub it off in circular motions to really get in. I do really like it! It helps to clear up Acne quicker and my face looks like it is glowing and healthy and not dull anymore. It does make my face a bit dry because it feels sqeauky clean. But I like the interesting concept of this mask and will
Continue to use it