Freeman Beauty Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Beauty Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.6

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

on 10/19/2017 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This is an amazing mask/scrub to use 1-3 times a week. If you have very sensitive skin I would avoid this scrub as the sugar crystals are very coarse and might lead to excessive redness and irritation.

I've been using the mask for about two weeks now and my skin has gotten noticeably smoother and stubborn blackheads on my chin have gone away.

When I use this scrub I usually do leave it on as a "gel mask" for five minutes while I shave/shower and then scrub it off before washing my hair. The sugar and charcoal do not stick to the floor or sides of my shower which is a big plus.

After using the scrub I apply a witch hazel toner prior to using either aveeno daily cream moisturizer with spf during the day, or at night use Clinique' moisture surge and Josie Maran's argan oil under my eyes.

I really love this mask/scrub and you get a lot of product for your money. I paid under $4 at Walmart.

on 6/29/2016 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this!! I need to stock up! I use it as a scrub and my skin immediately clears right up and keeps it clear. Not irritating. Not drying. Skin is soft and glows. I use it a few times a week now. I am not crazy about the packaging. The lid becomes difficult to close but the product itself more than makes up for it.

on 3/27/2016 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Every beauty guru on Youtube seems to have a bad opinion about scrubs, preferring chemical exfoliation for the skin.

Well, in my experience, that's a load of horse manure for folks who have oily, non-sensitive, clog-prone skin. Our skin accumulates dead skin cells on our face and since we're oily, it tends to lead to pore blockage, resulting in whiteheads and comedonal acne. Most acids (I've tried mandelic, TCA, phenol, and lactic) have very little effect on my skin.

I like this mask a lot; I think it does a better job than the dissolved aspirin mask to get rid of whiteheads. I use a prescription cream to prevent acne but the texture is admittedly richer than I would like, so that is where exfoliating comes in handy once in a while. I use it when my skin feels "blah", like it needs a good scrubbing to smooth it out.

The mask heats up my skin a fair bit but nothing painful; I leave it on for twenty minutes. When I wash it off, I usually massage my face about 30 - 50 seconds and that's enough for fresh looking, smooth skin. Sidenote: you can totally taste the sugar in this mask : )

Price is totally affordable for college kids and those looking for a good scrub on a budget!

P.S. I would NOT use this in the shower as the water will dissolve the sugar. Common sense, but I have to admit that common sense is not all that common these days...

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've read about this so much and decided to buy one. So so love this!!! It helped my skin soft, clean and the smell so relax. I Have to wet my face first then apply this on. It is cheap and big and just so love this!!!

on 10/12/2015 12:06:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

2 things I really like about this product, it's a charcoal mask but it doesn't dry out my skin, the exfoliant in it is sugar so it won't end up in some river killing fish. I use it more as a scrub because the consistency is on the lighter side, I just slather it on before jumping into the shower and it leaves my skin feeling nice and soft. It's a great scrub/cleansing mask to add in your skin care routine.

on 9/26/2015 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hands down, HG status. I have extremely dry and sensitive skin. I use this everyday in the shower. Gentle enough for everyday use, but is just abrasive enough to get a good scrub in. You can't be too harsh on ur skin cause it dissolves as you rub. You can't beat it for the price. I've tried the MAC version n literally can't tell the difference. I've recommended this to people with different skin types n love it just the same.

Wonderful facial sugar scrub! Not abrasive at all, yet exfoliates really well w/out overdying. Scent is refreshing and pleasant ( does not smell "cheap"); Price is excellent (around ($4.99 CAD) and works just as well, if not better than higher - end scrubs. Was nicely surprised with this scrub... Skin looks fresher and enegized , especailly after a long day (pollution, makeup, face cream , sunscreen , etc-this scrub gets rid of all of that) .Now if only Freeman would bring back the Grapefruit Sugar Body Buffer Polish scrub that would be fantastic, as that body exfoliator had the perfect amount of "grit" yet left skin moisturized...

I love this scrub! I have very sensitive, dehydrated-combination, acne-prone skin and this does not break me out or irritate my skin, despite containing large, chunky sugar granules and the warming effect it has. It does a great job of sloughing off rough patches if you take the time to massage this into your face and if you use this consistently. I use this every other day but it hasn't dried out my skin and I actually find it quite moisturizing. I will massage this onto my face for about 1-2 minutes after I have cleansed and while my skin is still damp. Directions recommend that you leave the mask on for a few minutes, but I usually just rinse it off with cool water after I'm done massaging. It leaves my skin feeling soft and comfortable, and moisturizer sinks in so much better after I use this. I like that this comes in a tube, but my cap doesn't ever fully close so I would be a little nervous if I were to travel with this. Also love the scent! It's not over-powering and it doesn't linger, but if you are sensitive to scents I would skip this. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great exfoliator

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ok I've battled with acne which resulted in acne scars all over one side of my face. I also recently have been getting mild acne on my chin, forehead and temples. Not anymore

i swear, all it took for my skin to be literally GLOWING AND CLEAR was three things: this product ( as a face scrub in the shower), ice, and honey. I swear. I've been doing raw honey masks, spot treatments, and as a cleanser for over a week. I also iced my face twice a day with a slightly melted ice cube, rubbing it gently over my face until completely melted.

So, ice and honey have kept my skin pretty clear but i still have small breakouts. I used this product because my skin looked like it needed MAJOR EXFOLIATION. (dry dull skin in places, blackheads, the usual.) After using this in the shower today, I iced my face and took a nap. I woke up and looked in the mirror and my skin is flawless and the acne scars are pretty much invisible..... Ok I still have a mild breakout on my forehead and a pimple on my chin but its hardly noticeable.

This is HUGE for me.... definitely will add this into my routine probably 2 times a week. I hope my skin stays this clear. Anyone with acne prone, oily skin should definitely try this out. I'm going to leave my house without makeup today :)

on 4/11/2015 10:31:00 AM

This was an okay product for me. Just a regular scrub at an excellent price. When I bought it I actually thought I was buying a mask I didn't really want a scrub. Leaves me face feeling clean, not too tight, and fresh. No difference to my pores or blackheads and the bottle is hard to close once the sugar gets in the way of the opening. just average, I probably wouldn't buy it agaon