Freeman Beauty Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Beauty Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.7

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a bomb-ass sugar scrub/mask! I’ve been using it for almost a year, and I still have a lot left. I got it for $3-4 at the dollar store, and it’s a really great product for the price. My skin always feels so soft and clean when I use this! I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this, but my face feels kinda warm in a weird way when I apply this, but there’s never any kind of allergic reaction. It’s a bit odd, but not concerning enough for me to discontinue using this. I actually got my best friend addicted to this mask, and she has really sensitive skin that is irritated by most products. Hands down my favourite scrub, and I will definitely be repurchasing!

on 11/3/2017 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought the mask because I was just looking for a mask and i was like, this one looks good. the mask smells really nice. i love the fact that it doesnt dry ut your skin. during the scrubbing phase, my skin was a little bit red, it felt really good. it rinsed off easily. the mask didnt feel warm on my face. i like the way the mask felt on my face i could smile easily, it didnt dry out my skin. after rinsing my face was baby butt smooth and my skin looked prettier. i stared at myself in the mirror and i kept smiling at my reflection, it worked so well. i dont know if the product lasts all day, i do my face routines at night.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Just browsing the cleanser isle in Walmart and came across this. I love anything with activated charcoal and this was a mask plus exfoliant so I couldn't pass it up. I'm so, so, so happy I came across this! After using, my face was so smooth, soft and bright! The scent is very sweet. It's warm putting it on, grainy because of the sugar but I like that. A bit hard to put on evenly because it's not super thick and it's full of sugar, but once you start to use it after a while, it's not so bad. Washing it off was actually kind of soothing. Gently scrubbing the sugar on my face in small circular motions with warm water, it melted the sugar away and kind of turned into a creamy like cleanser. I LOVE this stuff! I was skeptical because of the price but it's WONDERFUL! Definitely buying more!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I originally bought it and returned it because it is a little hard to apply as a mask but recently picked it up on sale and thank goodness I decided to give it another shot. I wet my fave before applying and the mask sticks to my face better than it does to dry skin. Then I leave it on for about 15 minutes and enjoy the slight warming feeling. Then I hop in the shower and scrub off the mask and my skin is left smooth and blemish free. It sucks black heads right out of my nose and chin and leaves my skin with a fresh glow. Cheap and easy to find, I highly recommend this mask.

on 6/29/2016 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this!! I need to stock up! I use it as a scrub and my skin immediately clears right up and keeps it clear. Not irritating. Not drying. Skin is soft and glows. I use it a few times a week now. I am not crazy about the packaging. The lid becomes difficult to close but the product itself more than makes up for it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm using the CVS copy of this (same ingredients) and so far I like it. My skin started to get warm as I applied this and after rinsing with water my face felt really soft. I recommend it because it is not drying whatsoever and it's SUPER affordable. Can't testify it has done miracles on my skin yet.

on 11/18/2015 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff.

I decided to try charcoal for my skin, because I've heard so much good stuff about charcoal. So I went to Wal-Mart, found this bottle, and my attention was caught for two reasons. The first, everyone has seen the small, almost single uses of Freeman face masks, so I knew it was a good brand, and the price was VERY reasonable. So I picked it up.

It's a black, sugary textured substance, not sticky, has very little fragrance to it. You apply it all over your face, leave it for about 5-7 minutes, gently rub it in for about a minute and then rinse it off. I've used it four times over the last two weeks, and my skin is brighter, less acne, and just looks healthier.

I don't know if it's a placebo effect, or if this stuff really is that amazing. Either way, I love it, and I would definitely recommend it.

on 8/3/2015 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I never would have purchased this product if I hadn't happened upon these reviews, and I'm so glad I did! I've used the clay masks from Freeman in the past and been generally pretty impressed but whenever I saw this one, I'd think that a goopy sugary mask wouldn't do my oily, acne-prone skin any good. Wrong! I love this mask. It sloughs off dull skin like no other. It really smooths my skin out and makes it glow. I find it helps to keep my pores clear. I put on a thick layer and let it sit for about 20 minutes (I'm not sure if letting it sit makes any difference, but I do anyway) then I add a little water to my hands and give my face a thorough scrub, with little circular motions, before rinsing it off. It doesn't dry my skin out, like clay masks can, and I like the subtle scent too. Afterwards, my skin feels incredibly soft and I feel as if it lets my moisturizer do a better job. I have recommended this to friends and will definitely repurchase when I run out - I use it about once every 2 weeks. And to top it all off, it's super affordable! Hurray!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

THIS IS ONE OF THE GREATEST THINGS I HAVE EVER PUT ON MY FACE!!! My life revolves around the one day I apply this mask! I could put this on a few days a week but I really don't want to use it up too quickly because my life would end.

So the product is multitasking, which I love, so I don't have to exfoliate and then apply a mask which would be too much for my skin. I usually leave this on for 20-45 minutes (putting on those Park and Rec episodes) , even though it says 5- 10 minutes, but I don't think it has a negative impact on my skin other than the mask starting to slightly melt.

When I take it off, I scrub at my face lightly as the mask was pretty intense(it heats up, by the way) and my skin feel SO INCREDIBLE!! It feels clean and soft and plump and I could conquer the world! Highly recommend to people with oily to acne-prone skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is literally the best! it made my skin sooo soft and clean. This one works better than other freeman mask