Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

I just tried this for the first time. Bought the tube at Big Lots for $3.50. Only used a small amount, but the particles tore my skin apart, and irritated the rosacea on my cheeks. The scent is also very strong. It's odd though. I've used the Apple Cider Vinegar Scrub with pumice frequently but never had any problems with my skin flaring up. My cheeks feel like they have been slapped or stung by bees.... I'm tempted to try it again, to see if it is a fluke, but for now, I would not repurchase.

on 2/11/2018 7:39:00 AM

Left my skin completelly dry after 1 use :(
It took me days to get it back to normal

on 1/21/2018 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Superb scrub. It takes away all the dry patches and makes my skin feel very soft. I am not sure the mask does anything but it sure polishes. I will repurchase.

on 12/30/2017 11:24:00 PM

love!! I have sensitive,acne prone, combo dry (flakey) in the winter and kind oily in the summer. I usually leave this on as instructed but maybe a tad longer, and use a lot of water to slowly scrub it off. pros: no gross perfume smell exfoliates nicely(don't scrub rough) price! ($4-$5) non irritating cons: can be harsh if not careful don't use this if you currently have a lot of active spots. I find crubs only irritate then further.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

OMG! This stuff is really amazing! I will actually tell people that are looking at these face washes/ scrubs at Ulta that they have to try this scrub/ mask. I absolutely love it! I buy it for everyone! I have combination/oily skin (but my oil is has been decreasing as I perfect my skincare regimen)

Hi MUA,
I absolutely LOVE All the "Freeman" Facial Masks! These even override the "Queen Helene" Facial Masks..& "Queen Helene" have awesome & affordable masks that work! However, THIS black head removal mask, is addicting & it does what it claims. It leaves your skin feeling like you just spent hour's getting a facial..when you didn't. I noticed very soft, silky, black head free skin! I would be as bold to say that THIS Company might even start to become a "Cult" favoring & following! You have to try it to believe it! Love clean, glowing, supple skin in your late 40's or at ANY age?! Me Too!
TIP: I strongly suggest that when you are using any mask for your face..I wouldn't recommend keeping or using your masks in the shower! I know it's easier and it saves time, but I wouldn't recommend it. To get a full effect of any mask, apply it over your sink & then go make your bed or throw a load of laundry in.. Or simply watch tv & relax, until time is up to remove your mask! WHY?! Because for one, you will get the full mask effect by staying away from moisture & water. Another reason is because the mask tube can collect water in your shower & water down your mask. This doesn't give you the full mask effect. Who wants watered down cosmetics? Plus it can be very messy to use in your shower. Just a heads up, on how to get the full effect of your product's, you don't settle for half of a full effect, if you will.
I hope this helps MUA! 😁🌹

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my HG facial mask. I only use it about once or twice a week since I use chemical exfoliants the rest of the time. I like that the particles aren't rough or scratchy, they feel smooth and don't irritate my sensitive skin. I will continue to buy this for as long as Freeman makes it because it does make a difference in the overall tone and texture of my skin.

on 7/16/2017 12:24:00 PM

Love!!! This scrub makes my skin look so smooth and polished and glowy. With no irritation. Doesn't make my skin feel stripped or dried-out in the least. This is great!

The instructions say to apply a layer, let it sit for a few minutes, and then scrub it off. The texture is a little bit gloopy and it doesn't spread evenly. But it rinses off easily and it leaves my skin looking so bright. And it's dirt-cheap too! I'm so glad I gave this a try.

For reference my skin is combo-oily, not sensitive.

I'd definitely buy this again. Recommended!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love this mask so much. When you apply it, it gives off a warming sensation which I though was a problem at first but I read other reviews and realised I wasn't the only one experiencing that. I usually leave it on for a minute or two after the warmth fades and then I follow the directions when scrubbing it into my skin. The sugar isn't too large or too small so the texture is perfect for scrubbing away dead skin.

If I'm feeling lazy I won't apply it like I usually would and let it sit. I just put a bit in the palm of my hand and scrub it on my damp face.

No matter the way I use it, this product always leaves my face feeling so soft and smooth.

The only problem is you have to shake the tube upside down in order to close the lid as the sugar prevents it from closing. Even after shaking you might have to bang the lid on a hard surface for it to close properly.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Despite having an almost full tube of Freemans Avocado and Oatmeal Mask sitting on my counter, I purchased this mask to use because my skin was having a field day with flakes and dry skin and pores that seemed to be getting larger by the day. My flaking was out of control and nothing I did was helping. I needed to do some serious damage control, but I didn't have a lot of extra cash to drop.

I picked this up at Walgreens for about $6. Not too bad. I have sensitive combination skin with a dry forehead and oily nose and then random dry patches on my cheeks. My nose and forehead is always where I get the most flaking, especially around my nose ring, for some odd reason. I'm not sure why, as I've had it for over 10 years now.

Enter the polishing mask with charcoal and black sugar. I have sensitive skin, so the first time I used this mask, I only left it on for about five minutes tops. I was absolutely terrified that the mask would cause a massive breakout. At my age (29) I really don't want to deal with adult acne unless there's a damn good reason (like a menstrual breakout). I was really surprised to find that this mask smells good, and that the grains of sugar are rather large. They look like sugar in the raw (the brand that comes in brown packets). I'm used to masks that have a smooth grainy texture, this is not one of them. If you want something that's smooth and that peels off, this isn't the mask for you. The texture is like really thick, gritty mud. It's kind of awkward to spread around with your fingers, but I got used to it fairly quickly. I spread it thickly around my forehead and on my nose, which is where I was having the most problems with flaking and went to watch a quick few minutes of a TV show. After the time was up I filled the sink with hot water and got a damp washcloth to rinse the mask away. You do have to rub a bit due to the texture. I started off using handfuls of water to rinse the mask, and that worked pretty well.

Surprise of all surprises, my skin was left feeling extremely soft and oh so smooth afterwards. I normally have problems with flaky skin in the mornings, and when I woke up the day prior, I had none of that, just smooth, clear and beautiful skin. Color me impressed. I waited for a few days after using the mask to make sure it didn't break me out, and so far, it has not. I'm going to use it again and will probably use it once or twice a week to combat my dry skin and huge pores. For only $6, this cruelty free mask isn't that bad. The ingredients list didn't scare me away either. I'm extremely pleased, and I'm going to try the Avocado and Oatmeal mask next! If you have horribly dry skin, try this one!