Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a bomb-ass sugar scrub/mask! I’ve been using it for almost a year, and I still have a lot left. I got it for $3-4 at the dollar store, and it’s a really great product for the price. My skin always feels so soft and clean when I use this! I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this, but my face feels kinda warm in a weird way when I apply this, but there’s never any kind of allergic reaction. It’s a bit odd, but not concerning enough for me to discontinue using this. I actually got my best friend addicted to this mask, and she has really sensitive skin that is irritated by most products. Hands down my favourite scrub, and I will definitely be repurchasing!

on 2/11/2018 7:39:00 AM

Left my skin completelly dry after 1 use :(
It took me days to get it back to normal

on 12/30/2017 11:24:00 PM

love!! I have sensitive,acne prone, combo dry (flakey) in the winter and kind oily in the summer. I usually leave this on as instructed but maybe a tad longer, and use a lot of water to slowly scrub it off. pros: no gross perfume smell exfoliates nicely(don't scrub rough) price! ($4-$5) non irritating cons: can be harsh if not careful don't use this if you currently have a lot of active spots. I find crubs only irritate then further.

I'm on the fence with this product. On one hand, it does an incredible job exfoliating. I love the initial warming sensation. On the other hand, I personally don't like the way it moisturizes; I prefer my face to only feel clean after a mask. My daughter has been using the product as well, and she feels the same way as I. I purchased this product at Five Below, so it was definitely economical.

Hi MUA,
I absolutely LOVE All the "Freeman" Facial Masks! These even override the "Queen Helene" Facial Masks..& "Queen Helene" have awesome & affordable masks that work! However, THIS black head removal mask, is addicting & it does what it claims. It leaves your skin feeling like you just spent hour's getting a facial..when you didn't. I noticed very soft, silky, black head free skin! I would be as bold to say that THIS Company might even start to become a "Cult" favoring & following! You have to try it to believe it! Love clean, glowing, supple skin in your late 40's or at ANY age?! Me Too!
TIP: I strongly suggest that when you are using any mask for your face..I wouldn't recommend keeping or using your masks in the shower! I know it's easier and it saves time, but I wouldn't recommend it. To get a full effect of any mask, apply it over your sink & then go make your bed or throw a load of laundry in.. Or simply watch tv & relax, until time is up to remove your mask! WHY?! Because for one, you will get the full mask effect by staying away from moisture & water. Another reason is because the mask tube can collect water in your shower & water down your mask. This doesn't give you the full mask effect. Who wants watered down cosmetics? Plus it can be very messy to use in your shower. Just a heads up, on how to get the full effect of your product's, you don't settle for half of a full effect, if you will.
I hope this helps MUA! 😁🌹

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my HG facial mask. I only use it about once or twice a week since I use chemical exfoliants the rest of the time. I like that the particles aren't rough or scratchy, they feel smooth and don't irritate my sensitive skin. I will continue to buy this for as long as Freeman makes it because it does make a difference in the overall tone and texture of my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I did not expect to love this as much I do. I have dry skin, so I generally stay away from everything charcoal, but I wanted to try out a new exfoliating product and now I am hooked, HOOKED I tell ya.

I found that the best way to apply this mask is with your fingers, I tried it with a brush and with a silicone spatula thingy and it just got everywhere. I was very surprised by the consistency, as it has the sugary texture, but there's also some kind of oily stuff in there too. Don't get alarmed by the oil thing, this does not clog your pores.

I leave the mask on for about 15 minutes, and yes, it does feel a bit warm on the face. Then I rub it all over my face and it just leaves the skin so smooth and silky, clean but not dry and just very fresh.

Will definitely buy again, as it didn't last so much for me, maybe because I just like to slather on pounds of face mask product at a time...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Omg!!!! I am in love with this product! I love using masks and I'm always on the search for something new but good! I think I will stick with this!

This is absolutely warming on the skin. I leave it on for 20 minutes even though the package said 10 mins. I don't believe anything significant can happen in ten minutes. After I scrub my face very gently because this has alot of huge sugary grains...

The glow and smoothness after is impeccable! Seeing that this is relatively cheap...I will re-purchase since for the price, you get a good sized tube! I had a small zit that went away after two uses....yaay! Highly recommended.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have only used this once but I love it. I love the texture, smell, and especially the tingly feel it leaves my face with. I don't think it's harsh at all and it makes my face so clean. I'm hoping after a few more uses I'll be able to tell a more obvious difference. I didn't leave it on as long as I should have but I'm still impressed, especially for the price.

on 4/22/2017 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Overall, this product is great for what it claims-to polish the skin. I currently suffer with quite a bit of acne scarring and this has noticebly brightened my complexion. I disagree with the previous commenter's review that claims the mask is too rough as a scrub... it's a sugary texture and is as gentle as a cleanser. The ingredients are crazy!! So many natural extracts and oils for such a cheap product! Also, I have been using this mask for about a year and have not broken out. My skin is extremely sensitive as well. Another thing, don't expect this product to be acne fighting because that's not what it claims to do. It's a great exfoliator that washes off debris and brightens the face. Packaging could be better but all in all, a great mask!