Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.5

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

Hi MUA,
I absolutely LOVE All the "Freeman" Facial Masks! These even override the "Queen Helene" Facial Masks..& "Queen Helene" have awesome & affordable masks that work! However, THIS black head removal mask, is addicting & it does what it claims. It leaves your skin feeling like you just spent hour's getting a facial..when you didn't. I noticed very soft, silky, black head free skin! I would be as bold to say that THIS Company might even start to become a "Cult" favoring & following! You have to try it to believe it! Love clean, glowing, supple skin in your late 40's or at ANY age?! Me Too!
TIP: I strongly suggest that when you are using any mask for your face..I wouldn't recommend keeping or using your masks in the shower! I know it's easier and it saves time, but I wouldn't recommend it. To get a full effect of any mask, apply it over your sink & then go make your bed or throw a load of laundry in.. Or simply watch tv & relax, until time is up to remove your mask! WHY?! Because for one, you will get the full mask effect by staying away from moisture & water. Another reason is because the mask tube can collect water in your shower & water down your mask. This doesn't give you the full mask effect. Who wants watered down cosmetics? Plus it can be very messy to use in your shower. Just a heads up, on how to get the full effect of your product's, you don't settle for half of a full effect, if you will.
I hope this helps MUA! ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒน

on 9/30/2016 10:42:00 PM

Outstanding exfoliator! I use a generous amount since it's pretty cheap and apply all over my face and neck once a week. It's wonderfully purifying and my skin is left soft and smooth. I rarely get cystic zits anymore but the last time I had a gnarly one that refused to come to a head, this scrub/mask helped bring it up in just one use. I was able to do the extraction with no scarring. Fan for life, although I also want to try the mud mask version.

$3.69 for a 6 ounce squeeze tube at Rite Aid.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

So after using the Biore Charcoal cleanser, i was really hesitant with trying something with charcoal again in fear that my skin would dry out like it did with Biore. This sugar and charcoal scrub is amazing! its warm on the skin but doesn't burn like the biore one. After wash the product off my skin was not dry or tight at all. My face was very smooth and it just looked more vibrant and clear of impurities. So far, so good.

Wonderful facial sugar scrub! Not abrasive at all, yet exfoliates really well w/out overdying. Scent is refreshing and pleasant ( does not smell "cheap"); Price is excellent (around ($4.99 CAD) and works just as well, if not better than higher - end scrubs. Was nicely surprised with this scrub... Skin looks fresher and enegized , especailly after a long day (pollution, makeup, face cream , sunscreen , etc-this scrub gets rid of all of that) .Now if only Freeman would bring back the Grapefruit Sugar Body Buffer Polish scrub that would be fantastic, as that body exfoliator had the perfect amount of "grit" yet left skin moisturized...

Awesome! I'm currently using a sample of LUSH Coal Face & using that w Freeman's charcoal masque & my skin is glowy! It's my fave scrub/masque. Charcoal must be good for the skin. The scent isn't strong & dispensed with quickly & not linger. My pores seem smaller, skin less oily & soft. I just adore this my favest masque treatment l have like 4 Freeman masques. If I enjoy exfoliating masques give this a try. Good for all skin types. It's affordable but for me it it was hard of find. I finally found a lone unloved forgotten not stocked recently display & I picked around til I found the Freeman stuff grabbed one of each lol so now I got 4 Freeman masques & 2 Kroger brand masques but but haven't had a chance to use yet!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can't get this work as a mask as it doesn't stick evenly but it works great as a scrub...
I wet my face first and apply a little,the sugars don't dissolve so you have to be careful not to scrub too hard....
Philosophy had a facial sugar scrub/mask years ago I loved,it was an oiler base tho...this is a decent substitute and you can't beat the price!

on 1/31/2015 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this product. I use it mostly as a scrub, and sometimes as a mask. My skin feels so clean, soft, and lovely after using it. It's very inexpensive, and most importantly, my skin looks clear and glowing after using. I highly recommend it.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this mask because I am a huge fan of the Freeman Cucumber Peel-Off Mask. I saw this charcoal mask next to the peel off mask and it definitely sparked my interest. Charcoal and BLACK sugar? Sure, why not? After I washed my face, I dried it and started to apply the mask. The sugar makes it difficult to apply to the face (sugar clumps kept crumbling off). The mask kinda makes me look like I face-planted in the mud—it wasn't a smooth, full coverage mask like I had thought it would be. But whatever! I like it anyway! When the time came to scrub it into my skin, the sugar had dried thicker, and the scrubbing was VERY strong. Not necessarily harsh, but strong. I could see my skin getting very red where I was scrubbing, but it goes away after five minutes previous to rinsing. After rinsing, I immediately noticed that my black heads were practically gone! And my pores were much smaller. My skin was incredibly smooth with no dry, flaking skin left behind. My skin could breathe! As far as acne goes, I'll have to use this once a week for a few weeks in order to tell you. But anyway, I can't believe how flawless this product made my skin look and feel.

I used to use Freeman Apricot & Sea Kelp Facial Exfoliating Scrub and Cucumber Facial Peel-Off Mask as a teenager - and I loved both products, especially Apricot & Sea Kelp Facial Exfoliating Scrub.
I also used Freeman Papaya hair products, but this is another story.
Somehow I forgot about the brand because it isn't available in the country I am living in.
Recently and while staying in another country I've managed to purchase Creamy Apricot Scrub, Revealing Pomegranate Peel-Off Mask, Facial Clay Masks with Avocado & Oatmeal, Mint & Lemon, Chocolate & Strawberry, Facial Anti-Stress Mask with Dead Sea Minerals - and this.
I bought all of those products because they've been cheap and I knew that I won't be able to purchase Freeman products for a time.
Now I've tried all those masks and they are really good (some I like more, some less - but I like them all a lot).
But this particular one is an absolute HG and absolutely incredible!
It feels good on the skin (I must mention that I do not have sensitive/gentle skin at all and that I prefer stronger facial scrubs) and it does exactly what it claims to do - it purifies, exfoliates and polishes.
And it leaves my face smooth and beautiful - plus that feeling of cleanness.
I tend to leave it on my face for around 15 minutes (not 5-7 minutes, as suggested on the tube).
So far, this is the best exfoliating & polishing mask I know.
Plus - huge package, really cheap, good smelling & not tested on animals.
I really do not ask for more.
Before this mask I've been using Mask of Magnaminty & BB Seaweed from LUSH and those two were my exfoliating saviours before I layed my hands on this.
I guess I won't be buying them too often after I discovered this.

Words cannot explain how much I love this facial mask/scrub. I've had oily, acne-prone skin for years. I've tried tons of products, this is my absolute favourite. You can feel it working as you use it. I recommend it to anyone with my skin type. It has really cleared my face! I also use pore strips after using the mask for the best results.