Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.5

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

So after using the Biore Charcoal cleanser, i was really hesitant with trying something with charcoal again in fear that my skin would dry out like it did with Biore. This sugar and charcoal scrub is amazing! its warm on the skin but doesn't burn like the biore one. After wash the product off my skin was not dry or tight at all. My face was very smooth and it just looked more vibrant and clear of impurities. So far, so good.

Hi MUA,
I absolutely LOVE All the "Freeman" Facial Masks! These even override the "Queen Helene" Facial Masks..& "Queen Helene" have awesome & affordable masks that work! However, THIS black head removal mask, is addicting & it does what it claims. It leaves your skin feeling like you just spent hour's getting a facial..when you didn't. I noticed very soft, silky, black head free skin! I would be as bold to say that THIS Company might even start to become a "Cult" favoring & following! You have to try it to believe it! Love clean, glowing, supple skin in your late 40's or at ANY age?! Me Too!
TIP: I strongly suggest that when you are using any mask for your face..I wouldn't recommend keeping or using your masks in the shower! I know it's easier and it saves time, but I wouldn't recommend it. To get a full effect of any mask, apply it over your sink & then go make your bed or throw a load of laundry in.. Or simply watch tv & relax, until time is up to remove your mask! WHY?! Because for one, you will get the full mask effect by staying away from moisture & water. Another reason is because the mask tube can collect water in your shower & water down your mask. This doesn't give you the full mask effect. Who wants watered down cosmetics? Plus it can be very messy to use in your shower. Just a heads up, on how to get the full effect of your product's, you don't settle for half of a full effect, if you will.
I hope this helps MUA! 😁🌹

I LOVE this. I wouldn't consider this a mask, it's a scrub that sits on your face for a little while before scrubbing it off. I did feel a warmness upon application, it felt relaxing. This is very messy to use, I will say. Like another reviewer stated, I do feel like this scrub would get wasted easily because of how much of this you have to actually apply in order to get it to (somewhat) stick to your face. At this point, I wasn't so sure about this product.....until I scrubbed my face & rinsed it off. I was left with the smoothest, softest, glowing/radiant skin I've seen in my skin in a LONG time. The smoothness lasted a few days & it helped any little bumps I had, go away. I LOVE this stuff & I will definitely be repurchasing, but using it more cautiously next time so that it doesn't get as messy. Although, the mess was worth the results! At $3.99, another great steal from the Freeman line.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can't get this work as a mask as it doesn't stick evenly but it works great as a scrub...
I wet my face first and apply a little,the sugars don't dissolve so you have to be careful not to scrub too hard....
Philosophy had a facial sugar scrub/mask years ago I loved,it was an oiler base tho...this is a decent substitute and you can't beat the price!

on 6/23/2015 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this scrub, it leaves my face feeling clean and unclogged without the harsh aftermath of red and raw feeling skin. I didn't like the smell at first but I don't mind it anymore, it's actually quite relaxing. I use this scrub/mask to exfoliate my face twice a week and I like how it doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin. For the quantity and quality you receive for such a small price, this product is truly worth a try. For a product that is sold in drugstores at such a low price, this product has better perks than most high end products. The ingredients are mainly all natural extracts from fruits and the scrub is cruelty free! This product was not tested on animals, it's packed with natural ingredients and it won't break your bank!

I used to use Freeman Apricot & Sea Kelp Facial Exfoliating Scrub and Cucumber Facial Peel-Off Mask as a teenager - and I loved both products, especially Apricot & Sea Kelp Facial Exfoliating Scrub.
I also used Freeman Papaya hair products, but this is another story.
Somehow I forgot about the brand because it isn't available in the country I am living in.
Recently and while staying in another country I've managed to purchase Creamy Apricot Scrub, Revealing Pomegranate Peel-Off Mask, Facial Clay Masks with Avocado & Oatmeal, Mint & Lemon, Chocolate & Strawberry, Facial Anti-Stress Mask with Dead Sea Minerals - and this.
I bought all of those products because they've been cheap and I knew that I won't be able to purchase Freeman products for a time.
Now I've tried all those masks and they are really good (some I like more, some less - but I like them all a lot).
But this particular one is an absolute HG and absolutely incredible!
It feels good on the skin (I must mention that I do not have sensitive/gentle skin at all and that I prefer stronger facial scrubs) and it does exactly what it claims to do - it purifies, exfoliates and polishes.
And it leaves my face smooth and beautiful - plus that feeling of cleanness.
I tend to leave it on my face for around 15 minutes (not 5-7 minutes, as suggested on the tube).
So far, this is the best exfoliating & polishing mask I know.
Plus - huge package, really cheap, good smelling & not tested on animals.
I really do not ask for more.
Before this mask I've been using Mask of Magnaminty & BB Seaweed from LUSH and those two were my exfoliating saviours before I layed my hands on this.
I guess I won't be buying them too often after I discovered this.

I have to start off by saying I LOVE this scrub! although it's called a mask and scrub. I use it mostly for the scrubbing power which I must say it works very well. The scent is absolutely amazing and soothing. The trick I use to get it onto my face evenly and without losing product is I wet my fingers with water and rub the product togther to get a nice paste like consistency. I typically start slothing my dry dead skin away and then leave the scrub on for a few minutes untouched to get the mask benefit out of the product. I have no negatives about this product.

on 9/30/2016 10:42:00 PM

Outstanding exfoliator! I use a generous amount since it's pretty cheap and apply all over my face and neck once a week. It's wonderfully purifying and my skin is left soft and smooth. I rarely get cystic zits anymore but the last time I had a gnarly one that refused to come to a head, this scrub/mask helped bring it up in just one use. I was able to do the extraction with no scarring. Fan for life, although I also want to try the mud mask version.

$3.69 for a 6 ounce squeeze tube at Rite Aid.

Wonderful facial sugar scrub! Not abrasive at all, yet exfoliates really well w/out overdying. Scent is refreshing and pleasant ( does not smell "cheap"); Price is excellent (around ($4.99 CAD) and works just as well, if not better than higher - end scrubs. Was nicely surprised with this scrub... Skin looks fresher and enegized , especailly after a long day (pollution, makeup, face cream , sunscreen , etc-this scrub gets rid of all of that) .Now if only Freeman would bring back the Grapefruit Sugar Body Buffer Polish scrub that would be fantastic, as that body exfoliator had the perfect amount of "grit" yet left skin moisturized...

on 1/31/2015 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this product. I use it mostly as a scrub, and sometimes as a mask. My skin feels so clean, soft, and lovely after using it. It's very inexpensive, and most importantly, my skin looks clear and glowing after using. I highly recommend it.