Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

on 7/28/2013 1:00:00 AM

I picked this up strictly because the name and the packaging alone intrigued me and am I glad I did. It's a charcoal -based mask that has black sugar mixed in. I had no idea that charcoal could be used for skin care and although I've heard of sugar being used for scrubbing, I had no idea there was such a thing as black sugar. This mask is black and although it looks like it can stain, the color easily rinses off. I applied it and left it on my wet skin for about 5 minutes and than scrubbed, it felt a bit warm on my skin and it had a sweet smell to it. I could feel the sugar granules scrubbing away and it rinsed off so easily, no soapy residue. My face felt smooth immediately after but it wasn't until later when I dried my face and moisturized, that I realize how soft and smooth my face really felt, I couldn't believe it! It felt like I had new skin. I had initially purchased the sample size but ran back a couple of days later to purchase the full size. I have oily, acne-prone, congested skin that is lazy when it comes to self -exfoliation, meaning I always have to exfoliate chemically or mechanically and most of the times both ways in order to help my skin renew and decongest. I've read that charcoal has been used for centuries to draw out impurities, toxins and oils, so far I'm loving this scrub, will update if I see any breakouts. I would not recommend this for dry skin, sensitive, thin, or other types of delicate skin as the black sugar REALLY does scrub, I would say even more so than ST Ives Apricot scrub.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The first reviewer and I feel the same about this mask, so I'll just hit the highlights. My skin is left soft and glowy, and I noticed that some acne that was beginning to form lessened in size and never fully came to the surface. I was totally blown away with this mask, and immediately bought the full size. This mask leaves my pores feeling refreshed without leaving my skin tight and dry. I am really impressed with this mask and will recommend it to my sisters to try ASAP.

on 7/29/2013 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Just picked this up for a bargain $3 at my local Ocean State Junk Lot and wow!!!!
I am so thoroughly impressed!!! If you are familiar with Remede's Sweep and love it, look no further than this...ok, so it does not have pulverized marble but the black sugar feels just as divine...my skin felt so smooth and silky after cleansing...go get yours now my friends !! xo

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I've only used this once so I will update later if needed. This is a very strange consistency for a mask. It was a bit difficult to smear across my dry face (maybe needs to be damp?) which resulted in a small loss of product. There is a lovely warming sensation upon application. This goes away after a few seconds and after you are left with a lovely albeit mildly abrasive scrub. My skin looks pretty nourished after this treatment.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an interesting product. As someone else noted, it doesn't have the paste consistency that you expect from something like a clay mask; it's basically a scrub that you smear on your face and leave there before scrubbing it off. I don't know how much charcoal is actually in the formula, so it's hard to say whether it really does anything. I do feel like my skin is smoother after I use this, but that might just be the result of the scrubbing. And it does scrub thoroughly. It's almost too rough for me, and I am not typically someone with sensitive skin or who shies away from vigorous exfoliation. It's also a bit messy to use, which you have to be especially concerned about because it has sugar in it--and even in beauty products, sugar left out brings bugs! Anyway, like I said, this does smooth my skin, but I don't think I will repurchase, only because I already have a scrub and mask that I like better.

I LOVE this. I wouldn't consider this a mask, it's a scrub that sits on your face for a little while before scrubbing it off. I did feel a warmness upon application, it felt relaxing. This is very messy to use, I will say. Like another reviewer stated, I do feel like this scrub would get wasted easily because of how much of this you have to actually apply in order to get it to (somewhat) stick to your face. At this point, I wasn't so sure about this product.....until I scrubbed my face & rinsed it off. I was left with the smoothest, softest, glowing/radiant skin I've seen in my skin in a LONG time. The smoothness lasted a few days & it helped any little bumps I had, go away. I LOVE this stuff & I will definitely be repurchasing, but using it more cautiously next time so that it doesn't get as messy. Although, the mess was worth the results! At $3.99, another great steal from the Freeman line.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love this mask! Browsing drugstore.com and decided to buy this along with 2 other masks in the same brand name. So come time to use it in the shower, I made the mistake of letting my face get too wet which makes the mask runny, messy and dissolve quickly. The key is to have a nice and damp face and neck for it to stay on and do its business. Loved that it warmed up when I applied and it and the smell wasnt so bad either- I mean it did have that "product smell" but also with a hint of charcoal and banana it seemed. Consistency wasn't really gritty, but effective enough to do a decent job of exfoliation, because after moisturizing my skin was glowing, soft and so smooth that I couldnt stop touching my face. Its that good, and a decent enough price at $3.99 for a 6oz bottle on drugstore.com and in your local drugstore compared to amazon which was almost $7! Since I feel I'll only use it once a week and not much of it, it'll last me well enough. After going through so many masks, I think I found my HG, and it being cruelty free is also a plus, so get your scrub on in good conscience ladies.

GREAT facial scrub. I like the fact that when it's on your face, it heats up and that's how it works its magic. It's a nice warm feeling, not like a burn. More like you're in a steam bath or hot tub. Makes my face flawless and smooth. Another sucessful Freeman scrub

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought a couple of packets from Walmart to try it out. As others have noted, this is more of a scrub than a masque. It warms up on contact with your skin and does not burn or irritate. I noticed one of the ingredients was ginger extract so I guess that's where the warming sensation comes from. This is lovely as a scrub. The sugar molecules exfoliate well and don't leave an oily residue. My skin felt smooth in texture and the flaky areas were gone around my nose and mouth. It smells nice and isn't a harsh floral smell. Carbon is pretty high in the ingredient list so you are getting your money's worth. Make sure to apply this to moderately dry skin as wet skin won't help it to adhere as much. You are supposed to leave it on for 5 to 7 minutes, then scrub for a couple of minutes. Do this part gently if you have sensitive skin. After, you rinse. It leaves my skin soft and helps with congestion on my forehead. I would buy again.

on 8/28/2013 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I went to CVS to go see what they had on sell. And came across this new Freeman product. I bought this product being curious. I didnt expect much from it ? I have read that charcoal but dont remember from where that it really good for your skin. I'am reading the website and this is what it says :>>> Directions: Apply mask to face and neck, avoiding contact with eyes. Leave on for 5 to 7 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Use 2 times a week or as often as needed. This unique mask and scrub works double time to detox skin. First, naturally purifying Activated Charcoal helps absorb oil and impurities without over-drying. The, Black Sugar helps exfoliate away dulling skin cells for softness and clarity <<<<. Once i apply it to my face,man i loved that heat up once on your face. I love that it exfoliate my face and the smell love it !!! And it leaves your face so smooth after you apply it. I agree with the other reviewer on here it more of a scrub then a mask. You dont need to apply alot just about a penny size or less does the work. Love this product and Iam sure gonna stuck up on it !!!