Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

I didn't see any difference in my skin..it actually looked dull when I washed it off.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my HG facial mask. I only use it about once or twice a week since I use chemical exfoliants the rest of the time. I like that the particles aren't rough or scratchy, they feel smooth and don't irritate my sensitive skin. I will continue to buy this for as long as Freeman makes it because it does make a difference in the overall tone and texture of my skin.

on 7/16/2017 12:24:00 PM

Love!!! This scrub makes my skin look so smooth and polished and glowy. With no irritation. Doesn't make my skin feel stripped or dried-out in the least. This is great!

The instructions say to apply a layer, let it sit for a few minutes, and then scrub it off. The texture is a little bit gloopy and it doesn't spread evenly. But it rinses off easily and it leaves my skin looking so bright. And it's dirt-cheap too! I'm so glad I gave this a try.

For reference my skin is combo-oily, not sensitive.

I'd definitely buy this again. Recommended!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I did not expect to love this as much I do. I have dry skin, so I generally stay away from everything charcoal, but I wanted to try out a new exfoliating product and now I am hooked, HOOKED I tell ya.

I found that the best way to apply this mask is with your fingers, I tried it with a brush and with a silicone spatula thingy and it just got everywhere. I was very surprised by the consistency, as it has the sugary texture, but there's also some kind of oily stuff in there too. Don't get alarmed by the oil thing, this does not clog your pores.

I leave the mask on for about 15 minutes, and yes, it does feel a bit warm on the face. Then I rub it all over my face and it just leaves the skin so smooth and silky, clean but not dry and just very fresh.

Will definitely buy again, as it didn't last so much for me, maybe because I just like to slather on pounds of face mask product at a time...

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love this mask so much. When you apply it, it gives off a warming sensation which I though was a problem at first but I read other reviews and realised I wasn't the only one experiencing that. I usually leave it on for a minute or two after the warmth fades and then I follow the directions when scrubbing it into my skin. The sugar isn't too large or too small so the texture is perfect for scrubbing away dead skin.

If I'm feeling lazy I won't apply it like I usually would and let it sit. I just put a bit in the palm of my hand and scrub it on my damp face.

No matter the way I use it, this product always leaves my face feeling so soft and smooth.

The only problem is you have to shake the tube upside down in order to close the lid as the sugar prevents it from closing. Even after shaking you might have to bang the lid on a hard surface for it to close properly.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Despite having an almost full tube of Freemans Avocado and Oatmeal Mask sitting on my counter, I purchased this mask to use because my skin was having a field day with flakes and dry skin and pores that seemed to be getting larger by the day. My flaking was out of control and nothing I did was helping. I needed to do some serious damage control, but I didn't have a lot of extra cash to drop.

I picked this up at Walgreens for about $6. Not too bad. I have sensitive combination skin with a dry forehead and oily nose and then random dry patches on my cheeks. My nose and forehead is always where I get the most flaking, especially around my nose ring, for some odd reason. I'm not sure why, as I've had it for over 10 years now.

Enter the polishing mask with charcoal and black sugar. I have sensitive skin, so the first time I used this mask, I only left it on for about five minutes tops. I was absolutely terrified that the mask would cause a massive breakout. At my age (29) I really don't want to deal with adult acne unless there's a damn good reason (like a menstrual breakout). I was really surprised to find that this mask smells good, and that the grains of sugar are rather large. They look like sugar in the raw (the brand that comes in brown packets). I'm used to masks that have a smooth grainy texture, this is not one of them. If you want something that's smooth and that peels off, this isn't the mask for you. The texture is like really thick, gritty mud. It's kind of awkward to spread around with your fingers, but I got used to it fairly quickly. I spread it thickly around my forehead and on my nose, which is where I was having the most problems with flaking and went to watch a quick few minutes of a TV show. After the time was up I filled the sink with hot water and got a damp washcloth to rinse the mask away. You do have to rub a bit due to the texture. I started off using handfuls of water to rinse the mask, and that worked pretty well.

Surprise of all surprises, my skin was left feeling extremely soft and oh so smooth afterwards. I normally have problems with flaky skin in the mornings, and when I woke up the day prior, I had none of that, just smooth, clear and beautiful skin. Color me impressed. I waited for a few days after using the mask to make sure it didn't break me out, and so far, it has not. I'm going to use it again and will probably use it once or twice a week to combat my dry skin and huge pores. For only $6, this cruelty free mask isn't that bad. The ingredients list didn't scare me away either. I'm extremely pleased, and I'm going to try the Avocado and Oatmeal mask next! If you have horribly dry skin, try this one!

Best stuff ever! I've been using about 2 weeks, and I can tell the difference in my skin. I tried a lot of drugstore facial scrubs, but they all dried out my skin so bad that it would be painful to put moisturizer on after.

After using the Freeman charcoal and black sugar mask, my skin felt so soft. I was shocked because I was expecting my skin to feel dry and tight. However, my face felt smooth and like it had moisture.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Omg!!!! I am in love with this product! I love using masks and I'm always on the search for something new but good! I think I will stick with this!

This is absolutely warming on the skin. I leave it on for 20 minutes even though the package said 10 mins. I don't believe anything significant can happen in ten minutes. After I scrub my face very gently because this has alot of huge sugary grains...

The glow and smoothness after is impeccable! Seeing that this is relatively cheap...I will re-purchase since for the price, you get a good sized tube! I had a small zit that went away after two uses....yaay! Highly recommended.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have only used this once but I love it. I love the texture, smell, and especially the tingly feel it leaves my face with. I don't think it's harsh at all and it makes my face so clean. I'm hoping after a few more uses I'll be able to tell a more obvious difference. I didn't leave it on as long as I should have but I'm still impressed, especially for the price.

on 4/22/2017 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Overall, this product is great for what it claims-to polish the skin. I currently suffer with quite a bit of acne scarring and this has noticebly brightened my complexion. I disagree with the previous commenter's review that claims the mask is too rough as a scrub... it's a sugary texture and is as gentle as a cleanser. The ingredients are crazy!! So many natural extracts and oils for such a cheap product! Also, I have been using this mask for about a year and have not broken out. My skin is extremely sensitive as well. Another thing, don't expect this product to be acne fighting because that's not what it claims to do. It's a great exfoliator that washes off debris and brightens the face. Packaging could be better but all in all, a great mask!