Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

on 2/20/2017 4:56:00 PM

This mask is great to get a full clean and buff off dead skin. I'm a huge fan of grainy scrubs (the more abrasive the better). I like that it has charcoal and feel like it's sucking up all the impurities (I wouldn't know though, I don't have a microscope to my face). It does a good job polishing and removing the dead skin and is less irritating that I would expect. It's not the most convenient for a mask, though. It is thick, inconsistent and it's difficult to spread all over my face. It is very runny and does not dry. I would notice the mask start to build up at the bottom of my chin or even worse, if I lie down, it would get into my hair and I would have to wash it again. It's probably best to just use as a scrub or if a mask for as short of a time as possible.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Just browsing the cleanser isle in Walmart and came across this. I love anything with activated charcoal and this was a mask plus exfoliant so I couldn't pass it up. I'm so, so, so happy I came across this! After using, my face was so smooth, soft and bright! The scent is very sweet. It's warm putting it on, grainy because of the sugar but I like that. A bit hard to put on evenly because it's not super thick and it's full of sugar, but once you start to use it after a while, it's not so bad. Washing it off was actually kind of soothing. Gently scrubbing the sugar on my face in small circular motions with warm water, it melted the sugar away and kind of turned into a creamy like cleanser. I LOVE this stuff! I was skeptical because of the price but it's WONDERFUL! Definitely buying more!

This is my GO TO mask and I absolutely love it, I think everyone else is starting to as well because every time I go to my local Walmart it is always sold out which sucks haha! But this mask works wonders if you're starting to breakout it stops the pimples right away and leaves your skin feeling very clean and smooth and NOT dried out 10/10 recommend and amazing price for the quality

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I really like this mask. About twice a month I use it for exfoliation. It is messy like most scrub type masks, but washes off easily in the shower. My skin feels smoother and any acne I had reduces or disappears afterwards. I've also used it to help combat on peeling skin (mainly from the aftermath of bad acne, but it still helps a lot). A surefire staple in my skincare routine.

on 1/21/2017 5:28:00 PM

I REALLY didn't want to like this because it contains Propylene glycol alcohol, and I have totally eliminated any cleansing/lotion products that contain that...I got it as a stocking stuffer, so I decided to try it at least once...im 47 with combo skin, no acne or acne scars and WOW, my skin was glowing like the heavens above, for DAYS after, no joke, was very impressed. I have decided to just use it once every 10 days or so, and am not too worried about the alcohol as long as I don't use it too often, and moisturize well...but to be honest, just using it once every 10 days or so has been enough to keep the glowing effect going, and I feel like its a hard core, yet gentle exfoliator. I will probably repurchase after I use it up, because I think its only about $4 a tube, but it does the job. Its definitely not an exfoliator to be used daily, the bottle says to use twice a week, and if it didn't have glycol I probably would use it twice a week....its a great product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've tried both this mask and the blue anti-stress one, and I prefer this one by a mile. No, it's not a traditional "mask" that I was expecting, it's really more of a scrub, but after applying it there was a pleasant warming sensation that indicated some deeper exfoliation was happening, so after leaving it on five minutes I massaged it into my face as directed and washed it off.

After having used the other mask which was a bit mediocre in its effect, I wasn't expecting this to leave my skin feeling SO smooth, clean and exfoliated immediately as I washed it off. Definitely a full step above the other mask, and although not all blackheads are gone I did notice my skin looked better and absorbed the moisturizer I applied after very readily.

As I approach 30, I am investing more in my skin and don't mind paying a little extra to get better ingredients in the mix. I don't think this is a game-changer in terms of what it contains and it's probably not the best exfoliating mask on the market, but for the price and availability it is a five-star product that does leave skin looking and feeing fresher.

on 11/27/2016 6:15:00 AM

This is a really good mask.once a week I lock myself in the shower and I have body and face scrub and hair masks ritual.I put this on my face and let in for as long as I scrub my body(with a different profuct) and then I gently massage my face before I rinse it off.it makes my skin smooth and I always get compliments how fresh my face looks the day I apply it.the only con is that the opening of the package breaks after a few time of use so you can't totally close it and in the shower it can be a bit messy.it definitely worths the price and I will keep buying it

on 11/27/2016 4:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have to be completely honest about this product, I have tried Freeman Masks before and they are pretty much ok, but to be honest this mask is one of the worst Polishing Masks that Freeman have made. I first cleansed my skin and I have pretty much normal skin with a few breakouts from time to time, I left my skin as little damp so that I could put the mask on my skin. It was totally impossible to smooth the mask on because the consistency was a bit too thick and wouldn't smooth on correctly. The mask itself was a bit too harsh and hurt a bit. I left in on for about 10 minutes and tried to rinse it off but I ended up washing it off, the mixture has too much sugar in it to call it a mask, it is a SCRUB!! I never did get that warm feeling at all, but it did scratch my cheeks a little. The smell is pretty good but that is the only thing that is good about the mask. The price is cheap and I guess that's why it didn't work right.. Seeing that I ended up washing this off my face I don't know if it polished my skin, and mind you I did try this mask twice, so I did give it a second chance. I am on a swap site and I think that I will be swapping this for something else that I think I might like more. And oh, of course I would not ever buy this Charcoal Polishing Mask again, sorry!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I originally bought it and returned it because it is a little hard to apply as a mask but recently picked it up on sale and thank goodness I decided to give it another shot. I wet my fave before applying and the mask sticks to my face better than it does to dry skin. Then I leave it on for about 15 minutes and enjoy the slight warming feeling. Then I hop in the shower and scrub off the mask and my skin is left smooth and blemish free. It sucks black heads right out of my nose and chin and leaves my skin with a fresh glow. Cheap and easy to find, I highly recommend this mask.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I didn't have high expectations for this product, I just wanted a product to use as a little calming ritual for a bit of de-stressing time. However, this still managed to disappoint. This is literally just sugar and propylene glycol. The sugar sat in clumps on my face and the propylene glycol felt like oil while I used it as a mask. The sugar is too coarse and sharp for me to rub this product in at all; I had to rinse it off without any scrubbing. My skin did feel smooth after rinsing, likely due to the fact that propylene glycol is a humectant, like glycerin.

I am going to try it as a body scrub on my legs in the shower, but I have my doubts.

Thank goodness it was only $4 because this is definitely a case of buyer's remorse.