Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've tried both this mask and the blue anti-stress one, and I prefer this one by a mile. No, it's not a traditional "mask" that I was expecting, it's really more of a scrub, but after applying it there was a pleasant warming sensation that indicated some deeper exfoliation was happening, so after leaving it on five minutes I massaged it into my face as directed and washed it off.

After having used the other mask which was a bit mediocre in its effect, I wasn't expecting this to leave my skin feeling SO smooth, clean and exfoliated immediately as I washed it off. Definitely a full step above the other mask, and although not all blackheads are gone I did notice my skin looked better and absorbed the moisturizer I applied after very readily.

As I approach 30, I am investing more in my skin and don't mind paying a little extra to get better ingredients in the mix. I don't think this is a game-changer in terms of what it contains and it's probably not the best exfoliating mask on the market, but for the price and availability it is a five-star product that does leave skin looking and feeing fresher.

on 11/27/2016 6:15:00 AM

This is a really good mask.once a week I lock myself in the shower and I have body and face scrub and hair masks ritual.I put this on my face and let in for as long as I scrub my body(with a different profuct) and then I gently massage my face before I rinse it off.it makes my skin smooth and I always get compliments how fresh my face looks the day I apply it.the only con is that the opening of the package breaks after a few time of use so you can't totally close it and in the shower it can be a bit messy.it definitely worths the price and I will keep buying it

on 11/27/2016 4:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have to be completely honest about this product, I have tried Freeman Masks before and they are pretty much ok, but to be honest this mask is one of the worst Polishing Masks that Freeman have made. I first cleansed my skin and I have pretty much normal skin with a few breakouts from time to time, I left my skin as little damp so that I could put the mask on my skin. It was totally impossible to smooth the mask on because the consistency was a bit too thick and wouldn't smooth on correctly. The mask itself was a bit too harsh and hurt a bit. I left in on for about 10 minutes and tried to rinse it off but I ended up washing it off, the mixture has too much sugar in it to call it a mask, it is a SCRUB!! I never did get that warm feeling at all, but it did scratch my cheeks a little. The smell is pretty good but that is the only thing that is good about the mask. The price is cheap and I guess that's why it didn't work right.. Seeing that I ended up washing this off my face I don't know if it polished my skin, and mind up I did try this mask twice, so I did give it a second chance. I am on a swap site and I think that I will be swapping this for something else that I think I might like more. And oh, of course I would not ever buy this Charcoal Polishing Mask again, sorry!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I originally bought it and returned it because it is a little hard to apply as a mask but recently picked it up on sale and thank goodness I decided to give it another shot. I wet my fave before applying and the mask sticks to my face better than it does to dry skin. Then I leave it on for about 15 minutes and enjoy the slight warming feeling. Then I hop in the shower and scrub off the mask and my skin is left smooth and blemish free. It sucks black heads right out of my nose and chin and leaves my skin with a fresh glow. Cheap and easy to find, I highly recommend this mask.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I didn't have high expectations for this product, I just wanted a product to use as a little calming ritual for a bit of de-stressing time. However, this still managed to disappoint. This is literally just sugar and propylene glycol. The sugar sat in clumps on my face and the propylene glycol felt like oil while I used it as a mask. The sugar is too coarse and sharp for me to rub this product in at all; I had to rinse it off without any scrubbing. My skin did feel smooth after rinsing, likely due to the fact that propylene glycol is a humectant, like glycerin.

I am going to try it as a body scrub on my legs in the shower, but I have my doubts.

Thank goodness it was only $4 because this is definitely a case of buyer's remorse.

on 11/4/2016 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I personally think it a great scrub it gets rid of the excess dirt and oils from the face. The smell is amazing. My mum who has oily skin loves it. However, I don't think it should be used daily as it can be a bit drying and harsh on the skin.

literally the best. i had a big pimple smack dab right in the middle of my forehead and after using this it was gone the next morning. can't wait to try the others!

on 10/14/2016 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This does exactly what it says it will. While it's more the consistency of a scrub than a mask, once you wipe it off with a warm cloth your face is left feeling clean and smooth. Despite the rough texture it didn't irritate my sensitive acne prone skin and unlike a scrub it didn't leave my face feeling tight. I only use it once a week on my face and neck. While it didn't do much for my pores it left my face feeling refreshed cleaned and "polished".
I hate the fact that by the time the tube is half empty you can't close it anymore. But I have recommended it to my friends and family members that wear make up and encourage them all to use it once a week.
UPDATE: I wear make up an average of twice a week but one week I had worn it about 5 days straight. I used this 3 days in a row and had a slight break out. I used my acne scrub and once my skin cleared I went back to using this once a week and was fine. It's too harsh of a mask to be used daily in my opinion

on 10/1/2016 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I use this mask/scrub once a week. It has charcoal, like an Origins mask that I use sometimes. Plus...it is also a sugar scrub (Fresh makes one). I use most of the mask for the body, but my face also gets a gentle exfoliation and detox. This is a great product for a great price!

on 9/30/2016 10:42:00 PM

Outstanding exfoliator! I use a generous amount since it's pretty cheap and apply all over my face and neck once a week. It's wonderfully purifying and my skin is left soft and smooth. I rarely get cystic zits anymore but the last time I had a gnarly one that refused to come to a head, this scrub/mask helped bring it up in just one use. I was able to do the extraction with no scarring. Fan for life, although I also want to try the mud mask version.

$3.69 for a 6 ounce squeeze tube at Rite Aid.

Popular Scrubs