Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Summarized review:

• Pros- great exfoliating product!
Has a warming sensation
Smells good

• Cons- isn't exactly mask type consistency
Can scrub face too hard
Worse of all... BROKE ME OUT VERY BADLY

Detailed review: Quick description of my skin: not very sensitive, normal/combination, rarely ever have breakouts/blemishes except for the occasional spot right before my mestrual cycle. So I found this in my local Meijer (similar to Walmart) for around $6 so I think it's very reasonably priced. I've used it three times so far (in somewhat three different ways). I washed my face then applied the mask to my skin while damp. It had a slight warming sensation. Smells slightly of green tea (which I love). The directions says to leave the mask on for 5-7 min but I will be honest and say that I left it on for about 20 (not sure if it makes any difference). I scrubbed it around my skin before rinsing it off. My skin felt super smooth and clean. I applied coconut oil as a moisturizer. The next day I noticed that my skin was "rough/bumpy" all over and I had some small white heads. One or two days later I used it in the shower. I applied it, left it on for a couple minutes only, scrubbed then rinsed off. Again finishing with coconut oil as moisturizer. Next day even more white heads. Third time using it, I used it as a quick facial cleanser/scrub and rinsed off immediately, again finished with coconut oil. I have never had so many white heads on my face in my life. Iam "hoping" that my skin is just purging but I have a bad feeling that my skin just does not like this stuff. My skin has never reacted this strongly to any product (I tried Argan oil which broke me out also, but not this much). I've noticed that my skin doesn't really like coconut oil that much either. So Iam going back to my cetaphil mositurizer. Iam going to give this mask/scrub a few more times with my usual moisturizer to give it a fair review. Also I haven't had any issues with closing the tube as others have stated. Will update later

I have been using this regularly for months, and I love it. It's abrasive enough to provide good exfoliation without irritating my skin. And the price is right!

To Read all 191 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/29/2016 1:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this!! I need to stock up! I use it as a scrub and my skin immediately clears right up and keeps it clear. Not irritating. Not drying. Skin is soft and glows. I use it a few times a week now. I am not crazy about the packaging. The lid becomes difficult to close but the product itself more than makes up for it.

on 6/17/2016 6:47:00 PM

I finished this scrub but won't repurchase because:
1. The tube cap won't close anymore after the first use
2. If you have a pimple this scrub will burn it, make it red and take forever to heal.
It does exfoliate but I think my microfiber cloth does a better job :)

Amazing product!!!!

First I used it as an scrub, but its worth to used it as a mask. (I used twice a week, for 20 minutes). It really exfoliates my skin without irritation and leave it really soft.
I love the hot sense it has, and it smells delicious.

The thing I don't like, is the packaging. Once you opened it, it won't close it correctly again. Im traveling to Canadá in a week, and Im sad. I cannot take this mask with me cause Im afraid it could mess up everything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is amazing and seems to be the only thing that works for my acne prone skin. I noticed my skin clearing up within a week of using this and then managed to leave it at the gym. My skin started getting bad again so I stocked up on 6 of these so that it doesn't happen again. I use it every night to take my makeup off and once a week I leave it on for 20 mins as a mask. The price is great too I was under the impression that the more expensive something is the better it will work but this is about £5 a bottle and it work loads better than any high end product I've had. LOVE IT!!!

on 4/22/2016 2:35:00 PM

I bought this twice, hoping it would help my face and seemed to do nothing but irritate and burn my skin. I must be allergic to something in the formula, but I can honestly feel the heat build up. There are better products out there that I just haven't found yet.

I adore this product! It smells pleasant but it's real power is your face will feel the smoothest after treatment that it has ever felt before. And soft? Just like silk. Not to mention a glowing complexion to boot. Use once weekly for a great supplement to your facial regimen.

on 3/27/2016 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Every beauty guru on Youtube seems to have a bad opinion about scrubs, preferring chemical exfoliation for the skin.

Well, in my experience, that's a load of horse manure for folks who have oily, non-sensitive, clog-prone skin. Our skin accumulates dead skin cells on our face and since we're oily, it tends to lead to pore blockage, resulting in whiteheads and comedonal acne. Most acids (I've tried mandelic, TCA, phenol, and lactic) have very little effect on my skin.

I like this mask a lot; I think it does a better job than the dissolved aspirin mask to get rid of whiteheads. I use a prescription cream to prevent acne but the texture is admittedly richer than I would like, so that is where exfoliating comes in handy once in a while. I use it when my skin feels "blah", like it needs a good scrubbing to smooth it out.

The mask heats up my skin a fair bit but nothing painful; I leave it on for twenty minutes. When I wash it off, I usually massage my face about 30 - 50 seconds and that's enough for fresh looking, smooth skin. Sidenote: you can totally taste the sugar in this mask : )

Price is totally affordable for college kids and those looking for a good scrub on a budget!

P.S. I would NOT use this in the shower as the water will dissolve the sugar. Common sense, but I have to admit that common sense is not all that common these days...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

So after using the Biore Charcoal cleanser, i was really hesitant with trying something with charcoal again in fear that my skin would dry out like it did with Biore. This sugar and charcoal scrub is amazing! its warm on the skin but doesn't burn like the biore one. After wash the product off my skin was not dry or tight at all. My face was very smooth and it just looked more vibrant and clear of impurities. So far, so good.