Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

on 11/3/2017 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought the mask because I was just looking for a mask and i was like, this one looks good. the mask smells really nice. i love the fact that it doesnt dry ut your skin. during the scrubbing phase, my skin was a little bit red, it felt really good. it rinsed off easily. the mask didnt feel warm on my face. i like the way the mask felt on my face i could smile easily, it didnt dry out my skin. after rinsing my face was baby butt smooth and my skin looked prettier. i stared at myself in the mirror and i kept smiling at my reflection, it worked so well. i dont know if the product lasts all day, i do my face routines at night.

on 10/19/2017 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This is an amazing mask/scrub to use 1-3 times a week. If you have very sensitive skin I would avoid this scrub as the sugar crystals are very coarse and might lead to excessive redness and irritation.

I've been using the mask for about two weeks now and my skin has gotten noticeably smoother and stubborn blackheads on my chin have gone away.

When I use this scrub I usually do leave it on as a "gel mask" for five minutes while I shave/shower and then scrub it off before washing my hair. The sugar and charcoal do not stick to the floor or sides of my shower which is a big plus.

After using the scrub I apply a witch hazel toner prior to using either aveeno daily cream moisturizer with spf during the day, or at night use Clinique' moisture surge and Josie Maran's argan oil under my eyes.

I really love this mask/scrub and you get a lot of product for your money. I paid under $4 at Walmart.

on 10/6/2017 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not particularly loyal to any scrub (loves me some options) but mamajama's review convinced me I needed to get this one. (Thanks, MJ!) And of course, she's right -- it's great stuff. For reference, my 37-year-old skin is normal with hormonal acne and the occasional congested pore...I have fading acne scars but not much else. I use this scrub almost exclusively in the shower, because the extra water allows the sugar granules to dissolve as I scrub up, and it leaves the charcoal mask behind. I leave the mask on a little while in the shower (while shaving or soaping up), and then rinse off. Voila: baby-butt skin! I follow with my regular Alpha Hydrox glycolic night lotion and my skin is just so happy. I haven't had issues with this scrub, but if you're very sensitive, be aware this scrub is scented: I really love the fresh-sweet smell though! The huge tube of this has lasted me months with 2x per week use, and I would totally buy it again. (Btw, I had to get mine on Amazon but the more well-stocked drugstores probably carry it.)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

OMG! This stuff is really amazing! I will actually tell people that are looking at these face washes/ scrubs at Ulta that they have to try this scrub/ mask. I absolutely love it! I buy it for everyone! I have combination/oily skin (but my oil is has been decreasing as I perfect my skincare regimen)

I'm on the fence with this product. On one hand, it does an incredible job exfoliating. I love the initial warming sensation. On the other hand, I personally don't like the way it moisturizes; I prefer my face to only feel clean after a mask. My daughter has been using the product as well, and she feels the same way as I. I purchased this product at Five Below, so it was definitely economical.

on 9/20/2017 2:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I started using this about a week or two ago and I am quite happy with the results so far!
It leaves my skin feeling soft and there's a noticeable glow immediately after removing it.
Combined with other skin care products, I would say it improved my skin quite a bit (in terms of acne, uneven skin tone etc) and I will most likely buy this product again.

on 7/16/2017 12:24:00 PM

Love!!! This scrub makes my skin look so smooth and polished and glowy. With no irritation. Doesn't make my skin feel stripped or dried-out in the least. This is great!

The instructions say to apply a layer, let it sit for a few minutes, and then scrub it off. The texture is a little bit gloopy and it doesn't spread evenly. But it rinses off easily and it leaves my skin looking so bright. And it's dirt-cheap too! I'm so glad I gave this a try.

For reference my skin is combo-oily, not sensitive.

I'd definitely buy this again. Recommended!

I didn't see any difference in my skin..it actually looked dull when I washed it off.

Hi MUA,
I absolutely LOVE All the "Freeman" Facial Masks! These even override the "Queen Helene" Facial Masks..& "Queen Helene" have awesome & affordable masks that work! However, THIS black head removal mask, is addicting & it does what it claims. It leaves your skin feeling like you just spent hour's getting a facial..when you didn't. I noticed very soft, silky, black head free skin! I would be as bold to say that THIS Company might even start to become a "Cult" favoring & following! You have to try it to believe it! Love clean, glowing, supple skin in your late 40's or at ANY age?! Me Too!
TIP: I strongly suggest that when you are using any mask for your face..I wouldn't recommend keeping or using your masks in the shower! I know it's easier and it saves time, but I wouldn't recommend it. To get a full effect of any mask, apply it over your sink & then go make your bed or throw a load of laundry in.. Or simply watch tv & relax, until time is up to remove your mask! WHY?! Because for one, you will get the full mask effect by staying away from moisture & water. Another reason is because the mask tube can collect water in your shower & water down your mask. This doesn't give you the full mask effect. Who wants watered down cosmetics? Plus it can be very messy to use in your shower. Just a heads up, on how to get the full effect of your product's, you don't settle for half of a full effect, if you will.
I hope this helps MUA! 😁🌹

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my HG facial mask. I only use it about once or twice a week since I use chemical exfoliants the rest of the time. I like that the particles aren't rough or scratchy, they feel smooth and don't irritate my sensitive skin. I will continue to buy this for as long as Freeman makes it because it does make a difference in the overall tone and texture of my skin.