Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have only used this once but I love it. I love the texture, smell, and especially the tingly feel it leaves my face with. I don't think it's harsh at all and it makes my face so clean. I'm hoping after a few more uses I'll be able to tell a more obvious difference. I didn't leave it on as long as I should have but I'm still impressed, especially for the price.

on 4/22/2017 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Overall, this product is great for what it claims-to polish the skin. I currently suffer with quite a bit of acne scarring and this has noticebly brightened my complexion. I disagree with the previous commenter's review that claims the mask is too rough as a scrub... it's a sugary texture and is as gentle as a cleanser. The ingredients are crazy!! So many natural extracts and oils for such a cheap product! Also, I have been using this mask for about a year and have not broken out. My skin is extremely sensitive as well. Another thing, don't expect this product to be acne fighting because that's not what it claims to do. It's a great exfoliator that washes off debris and brightens the face. Packaging could be better but all in all, a great mask!

For an exfoilant it's EXTREMELY harsh. I was expecting a fine sand type texture. I felt like I was wiping my face with sandpaper and that was like the lightest pressure being applied. Also I've never had a bad reaction to any skincare product in my life. However this one has made my face incredibly red and itchy from my ears my whole face and my neck. At first I thought the product was just doing it's work as most products do by giving a little bit of a break out. But my face is one big rash. I'm extremely disappointed. And now I have to get a medicated cream to ease the rash. I've never had bad breakouts maybe the odd few pimples here and there. But this is horrible. I'm sorry I really wanted to like this product.

on 4/8/2017 11:26:00 PM

weakness : the weakness is just the packaging that i cant close it properly. plus i've small bumps appear on my face after using this scrub maybe my skin not suit with this exfoliator.
strengthness : the smell quite nice and calm a bit. the price are sooo sooo cheap for facial scrub cause it comes with a big tube and would last longer, who suit wif this product are so lucky coz u can save ur ka-ching 💜. now i use this for my whole body and works good .

on 2/20/2017 4:56:00 PM

This mask is great to get a full clean and buff off dead skin. I'm a huge fan of grainy scrubs (the more abrasive the better). I like that it has charcoal and feel like it's sucking up all the impurities (I wouldn't know though, I don't have a microscope to my face). It does a good job polishing and removing the dead skin and is less irritating that I would expect. It's not the most convenient for a mask, though. It is thick, inconsistent and it's difficult to spread all over my face. It is very runny and does not dry. I would notice the mask start to build up at the bottom of my chin or even worse, if I lie down, it would get into my hair and I would have to wash it again. It's probably best to just use as a scrub or if a mask for as short of a time as possible.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Just browsing the cleanser isle in Walmart and came across this. I love anything with activated charcoal and this was a mask plus exfoliant so I couldn't pass it up. I'm so, so, so happy I came across this! After using, my face was so smooth, soft and bright! The scent is very sweet. It's warm putting it on, grainy because of the sugar but I like that. A bit hard to put on evenly because it's not super thick and it's full of sugar, but once you start to use it after a while, it's not so bad. Washing it off was actually kind of soothing. Gently scrubbing the sugar on my face in small circular motions with warm water, it melted the sugar away and kind of turned into a creamy like cleanser. I LOVE this stuff! I was skeptical because of the price but it's WONDERFUL! Definitely buying more!

This is my GO TO mask and I absolutely love it, I think everyone else is starting to as well because every time I go to my local Walmart it is always sold out which sucks haha! But this mask works wonders if you're starting to breakout it stops the pimples right away and leaves your skin feeling very clean and smooth and NOT dried out 10/10 recommend and amazing price for the quality

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I really like this mask. About twice a month I use it for exfoliation. It is messy like most scrub type masks, but washes off easily in the shower. My skin feels smoother and any acne I had reduces or disappears afterwards. I've also used it to help combat on peeling skin (mainly from the aftermath of bad acne, but it still helps a lot). A surefire staple in my skincare routine.

on 1/21/2017 5:28:00 PM

I REALLY didn't want to like this because it contains Propylene glycol alcohol, and I have totally eliminated any cleansing/lotion products that contain that...I got it as a stocking stuffer, so I decided to try it at least once...im 47 with combo skin, no acne or acne scars and WOW, my skin was glowing like the heavens above, for DAYS after, no joke, was very impressed. I have decided to just use it once every 10 days or so, and am not too worried about the alcohol as long as I don't use it too often, and moisturize well...but to be honest, just using it once every 10 days or so has been enough to keep the glowing effect going, and I feel like its a hard core, yet gentle exfoliator. I will probably repurchase after I use it up, because I think its only about $4 a tube, but it does the job. Its definitely not an exfoliator to be used daily, the bottle says to use twice a week, and if it didn't have glycol I probably would use it twice a week....its a great product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've tried both this mask and the blue anti-stress one, and I prefer this one by a mile. No, it's not a traditional "mask" that I was expecting, it's really more of a scrub, but after applying it there was a pleasant warming sensation that indicated some deeper exfoliation was happening, so after leaving it on five minutes I massaged it into my face as directed and washed it off.

After having used the other mask which was a bit mediocre in its effect, I wasn't expecting this to leave my skin feeling SO smooth, clean and exfoliated immediately as I washed it off. Definitely a full step above the other mask, and although not all blackheads are gone I did notice my skin looked better and absorbed the moisturizer I applied after very readily.

As I approach 30, I am investing more in my skin and don't mind paying a little extra to get better ingredients in the mix. I don't think this is a game-changer in terms of what it contains and it's probably not the best exfoliating mask on the market, but for the price and availability it is a five-star product that does leave skin looking and feeing fresher.