Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

on 2/25/2018 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! I am recently on a quest for better skin..menopause is kicking me while I am down...wrinkles and pimples do NOT mix. I got this at the local drugstore for a teeny price tag..how I use it is after I wash my face..i damp dry with washcloth and put this on...go about my bath and let it just sit. When I am ready to rinse off I rinse this last..get my hands wet again with warm water and kinda massage it in as it rinses away...and I have been pimple free since..except when I stray from this bargain...it will ALWAYS be in my bathroom from now on!!!

Hi MUA,
I absolutely LOVE All the "Freeman" Facial Masks! These even override the "Queen Helene" Facial Masks..& "Queen Helene" have awesome & affordable masks that work! However, THIS black head removal mask, is addicting & it does what it claims. It leaves your skin feeling like you just spent hour's getting a facial..when you didn't. I noticed very soft, silky, black head free skin! I would be as bold to say that THIS Company might even start to become a "Cult" favoring & following! You have to try it to believe it! Love clean, glowing, supple skin in your late 40's or at ANY age?! Me Too!
TIP: I strongly suggest that when you are using any mask for your face..I wouldn't recommend keeping or using your masks in the shower! I know it's easier and it saves time, but I wouldn't recommend it. To get a full effect of any mask, apply it over your sink & then go make your bed or throw a load of laundry in.. Or simply watch tv & relax, until time is up to remove your mask! WHY?! Because for one, you will get the full mask effect by staying away from moisture & water. Another reason is because the mask tube can collect water in your shower & water down your mask. This doesn't give you the full mask effect. Who wants watered down cosmetics? Plus it can be very messy to use in your shower. Just a heads up, on how to get the full effect of your product's, you don't settle for half of a full effect, if you will.
I hope this helps MUA! 😁🌹

on 1/21/2017 5:28:00 PM

I REALLY didn't want to like this because it contains Propylene glycol alcohol, and I have totally eliminated any cleansing/lotion products that contain that...I got it as a stocking stuffer, so I decided to try it at least once...im 47 with combo skin, no acne or acne scars and WOW, my skin was glowing like the heavens above, for DAYS after, no joke, was very impressed. I have decided to just use it once every 10 days or so, and am not too worried about the alcohol as long as I don't use it too often, and moisturize well...but to be honest, just using it once every 10 days or so has been enough to keep the glowing effect going, and I feel like its a hard core, yet gentle exfoliator. I will probably repurchase after I use it up, because I think its only about $4 a tube, but it does the job. Its definitely not an exfoliator to be used daily, the bottle says to use twice a week, and if it didn't have glycol I probably would use it twice a week....its a great product.

on 11/27/2016 4:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have to be completely honest about this product, I have tried Freeman Masks before and they are pretty much ok, but to be honest this mask is one of the worst Polishing Masks that Freeman have made. I first cleansed my skin and I have pretty much normal skin with a few breakouts from time to time, I left my skin as little damp so that I could put the mask on my skin. It was totally impossible to smooth the mask on because the consistency was a bit too thick and wouldn't smooth on correctly. The mask itself was a bit too harsh and hurt a bit. I left in on for about 10 minutes and tried to rinse it off but I ended up washing it off, the mixture has too much sugar in it to call it a mask, it is a SCRUB!! I never did get that warm feeling at all, but it did scratch my cheeks a little. The smell is pretty good but that is the only thing that is good about the mask. The price is cheap and I guess that's why it didn't work right.. Seeing that I ended up washing this off my face I don't know if it polished my skin, and mind you I did try this mask twice, so I did give it a second chance. I am on a swap site and I think that I will be swapping this for something else that I think I might like more. And oh, of course I would not ever buy this Charcoal Polishing Mask again, sorry!

I adore this product! It smells pleasant but it's real power is your face will feel the smoothest after treatment that it has ever felt before. And soft? Just like silk. Not to mention a glowing complexion to boot. Use once weekly for a great supplement to your facial regimen.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Another product I spent ages looking for, was excited finally to find and, sadly, another product that has left me disappointed. I think perhaps (or perhaps not) what I really wanted was the "mud" version of the charcoal and black sugar product but this was all I could find and I considered myself lucky to find it (in Canada, Walmart seems to be the only place that still carries Freeman). I'll look again next time I'm there - I know they had single use packets as well but I thought it was the same formula as this. If it's the mud one, I'll be happy to give that a try.

I guess to me this really does not seem like a "mask" at all. It's a wet, large-grained scrub that you're expected to leave on your face for 5 to 7 minutes and then scrub for 2 minutes. In those 7 minutes, it doesn't dry and doesn't feel like it's drawing or purifying anything at all. And if I'd scrubbed my face with it for 2 minutes, I'd have no skin left! So, both functions of this product let me down a lot. Adding insult to injury, the lid on mine does not line up or seal up properly. I do think it closes but not tightly and, because the lid doesn't snap closed entirely, the tube sits on a bit of a tippy angle.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is in no way a mask, but it's a terrific sugar scrub. I don't get the "warming" effect other people reported, but this is gentle and effective at cleansing the skin. Leaves my skin moisturized and clean with no tight feeling. I love the smell, and it fades moments after rinsing. I highly recommend this for those with sensitive skin. I use it every other night.

Huh?! Who knew eh? I've tried DIY face scrubs and store bought and yea have to say that this one is the best so far. I followed the package directions and I felt just a slight warming sensation ( ohhh la la) upon application. When I removed it with a super warm wet face cloth it was like whooooooooooooa for real? One use and my pores are smaller? wha? Shut up? YEP and YEP let's also not forget to mention how uber soft it left my face and neck.
I know this entry is a perhaps a bit premature since I've only used it once but I felt it warranted a comment since I saw results after first use.

FTR my skin is combo, not sensitive and well on the more mature side so lines& huge pores and a few age spots that have recently showed up ( oh joy!)
For the price even if it doesn't work out on your face , hey there's always your feet! Summers here and pretty feet are a must!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff means business!!!!!! I had been using (and loving) a scrub from the Boots line of skincare (which I used to find at Target), but I am always intrigued by these Freeman masks. So, the Target near me stopped carrying my fave Boots scrub...And when I see these Freeman masks at Walmart in their basic little trial-size packs for about $1.37 or so, I fall for them!! I have tried 3 or 4 besides this one, and have always been pleased. Which that says a lot, because my skin is sensitive, my nose is sensitive to scents (for the most part if these have any scent, it is mild imo), and I tend to break out with the "wrong"products or skin care. Each scrub/mask I have used from the Freeman line has been a pleasure, and this one is no exception.

My skin literally feels softer than anything I have ever tried after using this.
Soft as a baby's bottom, for sure!!

I know many love and swear by the Clarisonic, but I would rather use an actual scrub. To me it is just more sanitary, and I am not sure how cost-effective the Clarisonic really is, even over time, as you need replacement items, you still need a cleanser, etc...So I just prefer an actual 'scrub' product, plus I have heard some gals with sensitive skin do not like the Clarisonic, I know this is not about the Clarisonic -- I am just using that as a comparison, though.

The scrubbing particles on this Charcoal & Black Sugar mask are quite 'coarse'..for someone like me with sensitive skin, I would not recommend using this more than once or twice a week-max. But it does get the skin velvety-smooth and whisks away any trace of anything you would want removed. Does not leave skin dry, just soft!! -- That said, the granules might be pretty coarse and/ or too rough for someone with delicate and/or sensitive skin.

I will definitely add this to my skin care arsenal, using it just once in a while for a really deep-clean. I will not use this in regular rotation, but when skin feels like it needs a little 'something extra' , this is it, imo.

Little funny side-note: the sugar part of this is actually quite tasty (particles fell onto my lips as it dried), so that tells me this is actually pretty safe and gentle.

One thing I might recommend is, not leaving this on for the suggested 5 - 7 minutes, esp if you have sensitive skin. I think applying this and rinsing it right off would be very effective. Letting it sit on the skin dries the mask, obviously, which seems to make it a little more 'harsh'..but even still, that did not irritate my skin, and my skin is pretty sensitive.

Will re-purchase. Again, to me this is not a daily or regularly-used item, but it is very nice to have on hand for days I want/need a deep-down clean!! And super-affordable and easily accessible. Most drugstores carry this. Great product, great line!!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is really more of a scrub than a mask. The scrubbing sugar granules may be to harsh to use on the face for some. It has a strongly scented fragrance of synthetic sandalwood that lingers on the skin. I have not found this beneficial to the skin when left on as a mask. I really like using this weekly on my hands, makes them super soft and smooth.