Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

3.8

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

I just tried this for the first time. Bought the tube at Big Lots for $3.50. Only used a small amount, but the particles tore my skin apart, and irritated the rosacea on my cheeks. The scent is also very strong. It's odd though. I've used the Apple Cider Vinegar Scrub with pumice frequently but never had any problems with my skin flaring up. My cheeks feel like they have been slapped or stung by bees.... I'm tempted to try it again, to see if it is a fluke, but for now, I would not repurchase.

on 10/6/2017 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not particularly loyal to any scrub (loves me some options) but mamajama's review convinced me I needed to get this one. (Thanks, MJ!) And of course, she's right -- it's great stuff. For reference, my 37-year-old skin is normal with hormonal acne and the occasional congested pore...I have fading acne scars but not much else. I use this scrub almost exclusively in the shower, because the extra water allows the sugar granules to dissolve as I scrub up, and it leaves the charcoal mask behind. I leave the mask on a little while in the shower (while shaving or soaping up), and then rinse off. Voila: baby-butt skin! I follow with my regular Alpha Hydrox glycolic night lotion and my skin is just so happy. I haven't had issues with this scrub, but if you're very sensitive, be aware this scrub is scented: I really love the fresh-sweet smell though! The huge tube of this has lasted me months with 2x per week use, and I would totally buy it again. (Btw, I had to get mine on Amazon but the more well-stocked drugstores probably carry it.)

on 7/16/2017 12:24:00 PM

Love!!! This scrub makes my skin look so smooth and polished and glowy. With no irritation. Doesn't make my skin feel stripped or dried-out in the least. This is great!

The instructions say to apply a layer, let it sit for a few minutes, and then scrub it off. The texture is a little bit gloopy and it doesn't spread evenly. But it rinses off easily and it leaves my skin looking so bright. And it's dirt-cheap too! I'm so glad I gave this a try.

For reference my skin is combo-oily, not sensitive.

I'd definitely buy this again. Recommended!

on 10/1/2016 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I use this mask/scrub once a week. It has charcoal, like an Origins mask that I use sometimes. Plus...it is also a sugar scrub (Fresh makes one). I use most of the mask for the body, but my face also gets a gentle exfoliation and detox. This is a great product for a great price!

on 6/29/2016 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this!! I need to stock up! I use it as a scrub and my skin immediately clears right up and keeps it clear. Not irritating. Not drying. Skin is soft and glows. I use it a few times a week now. I am not crazy about the packaging. The lid becomes difficult to close but the product itself more than makes up for it.

on 6/17/2016 6:47:00 PM

I finished this scrub but won't repurchase because:
1. The tube cap won't close anymore after the first use
2. If you have a pimple this scrub will burn it, make it red and take forever to heal.
It does exfoliate but I think my microfiber cloth does a better job :)

on 2/11/2016 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this product. It makes for a nice scrub -- for some reason I don't want to use it as a mask, probably because it doesn't quite have that "stick" needed for a mask to stay on. But I often use it in the shower as a face scrub when I want a bit of exfoliation without making my face feel dried out. It's no miracle product, but it's nice. My skin feels a bit nicer afterwards. Plus I like the combo of the sugar and charcoal just because sugar is a milder exfoliant that doesn't dry skin out and the charcoal is supposed to be purifying. One issue with this is the packaging, though. On more than one tube of this I find it's hard to close it after use. The sugar crystals somehow block it up, so end up either fighting to close it or storing it upside down. This would be a lot better in a jar. Next time I pick one of these up, that's probably what I'll end up doing, just transferring the contents so I don't have to fight the packaging so much.

Heating sensation as you put on your face. Tried using as a mask/scrub and rinsing off with washcloth; not that good of results. Tried using as a mask and rinsing off with my hands; best results! FYI, there is oil in this mask. I have combi-oily skin. My skin loves this mask. Leaves face so soft. Use this twice a week. Not sure if it helps with acne, but my skin is bright, glowy, and baby soft! I let my son use it too!

Awesome! I'm currently using a sample of LUSH Coal Face & using that w Freeman's charcoal masque & my skin is glowy! It's my fave scrub/masque. Charcoal must be good for the skin. The scent isn't strong & dispensed with quickly & not linger. My pores seem smaller, skin less oily & soft. I just adore this my favest masque treatment l have like 4 Freeman masques. If I enjoy exfoliating masques give this a try. Good for all skin types. It's affordable but for me it it was hard of find. I finally found a lone unloved forgotten not stocked recently display & I picked around til I found the Freeman stuff grabbed one of each lol so now I got 4 Freeman masques & 2 Kroger brand masques but but haven't had a chance to use yet!

on 1/13/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried the single use of this mask. I haven't tried any of these charcoal or black masks yet and so I was looking forward to trying it. I didn't like t his one. It was just too clumpy and didn't apply evenly. Sure -- it exfoliated my skin -- that one is a definite --- but I didn't care for large chunks of black sugar (basically) clinging to my face. Pass.