Freeman Beauty Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Freeman Beauty Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.4

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a bomb-ass sugar scrub/mask! I’ve been using it for almost a year, and I still have a lot left. I got it for $3-4 at the dollar store, and it’s a really great product for the price. My skin always feels so soft and clean when I use this! I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this, but my face feels kinda warm in a weird way when I apply this, but there’s never any kind of allergic reaction. It’s a bit odd, but not concerning enough for me to discontinue using this. I actually got my best friend addicted to this mask, and she has really sensitive skin that is irritated by most products. Hands down my favourite scrub, and I will definitely be repurchasing!

on 11/3/2017 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought the mask because I was just looking for a mask and i was like, this one looks good. the mask smells really nice. i love the fact that it doesnt dry ut your skin. during the scrubbing phase, my skin was a little bit red, it felt really good. it rinsed off easily. the mask didnt feel warm on my face. i like the way the mask felt on my face i could smile easily, it didnt dry out my skin. after rinsing my face was baby butt smooth and my skin looked prettier. i stared at myself in the mirror and i kept smiling at my reflection, it worked so well. i dont know if the product lasts all day, i do my face routines at night.

on 9/20/2017 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I started using this about a week or two ago and I am quite happy with the results so far!
It leaves my skin feeling soft and there's a noticeable glow immediately after removing it.
Combined with other skin care products, I would say it improved my skin quite a bit (in terms of acne, uneven skin tone etc) and I will most likely buy this product again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I did not expect to love this as much I do. I have dry skin, so I generally stay away from everything charcoal, but I wanted to try out a new exfoliating product and now I am hooked, HOOKED I tell ya.

I found that the best way to apply this mask is with your fingers, I tried it with a brush and with a silicone spatula thingy and it just got everywhere. I was very surprised by the consistency, as it has the sugary texture, but there's also some kind of oily stuff in there too. Don't get alarmed by the oil thing, this does not clog your pores.

I leave the mask on for about 15 minutes, and yes, it does feel a bit warm on the face. Then I rub it all over my face and it just leaves the skin so smooth and silky, clean but not dry and just very fresh.

Will definitely buy again, as it didn't last so much for me, maybe because I just like to slather on pounds of face mask product at a time...

on 4/22/2017 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Overall, this product is great for what it claims-to polish the skin. I currently suffer with quite a bit of acne scarring and this has noticebly brightened my complexion. I disagree with the previous commenter's review that claims the mask is too rough as a scrub... it's a sugary texture and is as gentle as a cleanser. The ingredients are crazy!! So many natural extracts and oils for such a cheap product! Also, I have been using this mask for about a year and have not broken out. My skin is extremely sensitive as well. Another thing, don't expect this product to be acne fighting because that's not what it claims to do. It's a great exfoliator that washes off debris and brightens the face. Packaging could be better but all in all, a great mask!

on 4/8/2017 11:26:00 PM

weakness : the weakness is just the packaging that i cant close it properly. plus i've small bumps appear on my face after using this scrub maybe my skin not suit with this exfoliator.
strengthness : the smell quite nice and calm a bit. the price are sooo sooo cheap for facial scrub cause it comes with a big tube and would last longer, who suit wif this product are so lucky coz u can save ur ka-ching 💜. now i use this for my whole body and works good .

on 2/20/2017 4:56:00 PM

This mask is great to get a full clean and buff off dead skin. I'm a huge fan of grainy scrubs (the more abrasive the better). I like that it has charcoal and feel like it's sucking up all the impurities (I wouldn't know though, I don't have a microscope to my face). It does a good job polishing and removing the dead skin and is less irritating that I would expect. It's not the most convenient for a mask, though. It is thick, inconsistent and it's difficult to spread all over my face. It is very runny and does not dry. I would notice the mask start to build up at the bottom of my chin or even worse, if I lie down, it would get into my hair and I would have to wash it again. It's probably best to just use as a scrub or if a mask for as short of a time as possible.

This is my GO TO mask and I absolutely love it, I think everyone else is starting to as well because every time I go to my local Walmart it is always sold out which sucks haha! But this mask works wonders if you're starting to breakout it stops the pimples right away and leaves your skin feeling very clean and smooth and NOT dried out 10/10 recommend and amazing price for the quality

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I originally bought it and returned it because it is a little hard to apply as a mask but recently picked it up on sale and thank goodness I decided to give it another shot. I wet my fave before applying and the mask sticks to my face better than it does to dry skin. Then I leave it on for about 15 minutes and enjoy the slight warming feeling. Then I hop in the shower and scrub off the mask and my skin is left smooth and blemish free. It sucks black heads right out of my nose and chin and leaves my skin with a fresh glow. Cheap and easy to find, I highly recommend this mask.

on 11/4/2016 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I personally think it a great scrub it gets rid of the excess dirt and oils from the face. The smell is amazing. My mum who has oily skin loves it. However, I don't think it should be used daily as it can be a bit drying and harsh on the skin.