Revlon Photoready Skinlights in Bare Light

Revlon Photoready Skinlights in Bare Light
Photoready Skinlights in Bare Light

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my favourite highlighter ever. Ever.

First off, if you're looking for a really shimmery, bright, glittery highlighter (think theBalm, Nars, Becca powder highlighters or Fenty), then this is definitely not it. But if you're looking for a barely there glow that brightens up your face and just makes you look radiant and glowing from the inside, then this is it. You can stop looking elsewhere now.

I use it on my cheekbones and upper lip, and it's perfect; easy to blend and gives me that subtle 'lit from within' glow. It's not obvious, you can't really see the product very obviously on the face, which is great because then it just looks like its natural (like you were born with it!). The best way to describe it is that it creates a sort of gleam on the face when the light hits it.

And because it's subtle, I find it's not overwhelming on oily skin (some highlighters if applied wrong or due to formula itself makes oily skin look even oilier). I imagine this would look so fantastic mixed in with a primer or foundation for those with drier skin. It's also great for beginners because it's so subtle and easy to apply, you can't go wrong with putting on too much or even in the wrong place. It's pretty much idiot proof.

I think it might have been discontinued?? I can no longer find it at the revlon counters, and I'm absolutely gutted because I'm just about to finish mine. Lasted me for 2 years+ and I'm still dying to repurchase, that's how much I love it.

I love this so much and don't leave the house without a little bit of this on. it makes my skin look glowy and moisturized without looking like I actually put a highlighter on. I apply it on the tops of my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose with the tip of a damp beauty blender and it gives me the most natural glow. This product behaves like high-end highlighters, so try this one out before you spend the extra money!

ME: LLL NC20/Revlon ColorStay "Buff"/EL DoubleWear W2L Dawn /*oily skin can get greasy easily but not prone to breaking out*/. This is an awesome highlighter! I got it for ~$6 dunno why it is clearanced. I went back & bought 1 of each of the other colors (Pink/Peach/Bronze) recently coz I was so impressed! I find this better than Loreal LUMI liquid luminizer, less glitter more sheen. Shows up subtly on me, these new liquid luminizers remind me of MAC Strobe Cream but diff colors whereas MAC is icy white this is more golden. No need to spend $35 on MAC when gud DS options out there coz I use up highlighters fast. But idk if I would repurchase simply coz I like trying new things on to the next best newest thing. Also $13 full retail is steep the pckging is deceptive coz it looks @ 1st glance like ur getting a lot of product but no not really. I do like the sleek hard tube & tamper seal althou many of the seals were broken (ppl are such pigs testing these!). I apply this dotting around my eyes outer edges/under brows/cheekbones/bridge of nose after my fdtn. I don't contour anymore except for my nose. MAC may have invented strobing but they are being edged out by DS competition?? Sooo nice to see quality DS items but sorry overinflated price full retail price. If u can get it for a song like I did then ...winning!!

on 8/9/2015 12:43:00 PM

Unfortunately, I found this product to be less pigmented than my favourite highlighter- the pink lights one from this very range. Bare light produces a faint golden colour which looks silly on my very pale, cool toned skin. Although the packaging is slick and attractive, and there is so much product for the price, I will not be purchasing again but will stick to the pink version.

Before buying this, check to see if it suits your undertones!

It is a illuminator that does its job. I enjoyed the sleek packaging since it's flat and thin, it fits in my makeup bag without taking up too much space. The shimmers are very uniformed and refined, with a pretty reasonable price for the performance. However, it breaks me out and my face gets greasy super fast on days I use it, no matter how I set my makeup with all kinds of powder. For reference I'm a NC15~20 with combination to dry skin.

on 6/1/2015 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really nice highlighter. The Bare Lights shade works well on my fair to medium skin. It's light enough to give me a nice natural looking glowy effect but not so light that I can't blend it in completely. It's not particularly pink (there is a pinker one to choose from) or gold on the skin, but a really nice, natural colour that looks like skin. I usually only use this on my cheekbones, as I have oily skin and prefer my foundation to have a matte finish. It gives such a beautiful, natural glow to my cheekbones. It blends in really nicely so that it doesn't look cakey or unnatural, but the tops of my cheekbones have a beautiful sheen and catch the light really nicely with this on.

I only need to use a small amount per cheekbone, I squeeze out a small dot for each cheekbone and tap it onto my skin 3 or 4 times on each side, creating 3-4 tiny little dots on top of cheekbones. I use my finger and pat the dots into my skin, rather than rubbing as that can remove the foundation underneath. It's quite runny, which I imagine would make it easy to mix with liquid foundation for an all-over glow (I haven't tried it in this way.) As long as I don't use too much product it's very easy to blend by just patting with my finger and doesn't take too long. It has a nice shimmer which makes it glow, but no noticeable glitter or sparkles which helps it look as natural as possible.

The packaging is really good, as it's in a hygienic squeeze tube. It's very easy to squeeze product out, but it doesn't come rushing out too fast leaving you with too much unless you squeeze extremely hard. It does get some product built up around the squeeze part and the lid as it's so runny, but it's easy to clean off. Despite being a bit more expensive than most drugstore highlights, it comes with quite a lot in the tube and a little goes a very long way, so a tube will last me a long time. I would recommend this, and am also interested in trying out the pinker colour as this is such a nice product.

Wow, this gives a nice glow. Not too shimmery and obvious, blend-able, pretty packaging. The cap is a bit hard to twist off without feeling like you're going to snap it, and it can be hard to squeeze out the right amount without getting too much. On the pricey side, I paid almost 20 dollars for it. I dab this above my cheekbones, under and above my brows, down the bridge of my nose, chin and cupid's bow.

on 2/28/2015 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been looking for a drugstore highlighter for months. I finally heard of this one and it comes in liquid form, which I think is more natural than powder highlighters. It gives the perfect glowy look! I have pretty pale, slightly yellow Asian skin and the color 100-bare natural is perfect for me. From far away it looks so glowy and healthy! I love it!!! It isn't sparkly and doesn't look oily at all. I use it on my cheek bones and it's so beautiful. I will definitely be repurchasing!

Edit: If I use too much, it can build up and look cakey and powdery. It sounds weird because it is a liquid, but it can look powdery.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I truly loved this product. It's a great, very subtle highlighter that contains minimal glitter and provides the skin with a really soft glow. The 'Barelight' color is quite subtle because the shade is a little darker than most highlighters. It doesn't have much impact when used on the tops of the cheeks or the forehead for me, simply because the shade is quite close to my skin tone. For a brighter highlight, maybe the peach or the pink versions of this might be more of the ticket.
I typically wore it alone and all over the face because the nude shade of it gave me a little color the way a very sheer tinted moisturizer would. I'd use a moistened Beauty Blender to apply it for a perfectly dewy, hydrated finish.
Why the two star rating, you ask? This breaks me out horribly. Every time I would wear it, I'd get several spots and whenever I gave it a break, my face cleared right back up. I'm heartbroken.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I put this on the tops of my cheekbones after I put on my blush, and its actually an amazing illuminator for contouring! At first I tried putting it under my foundation, and it hardly made any difference, I used it while I was contouring and it looks amazing! The sheer shimmer is perfect for the tops of my cheekbones without being over the top! Great product!