Bare Escentuals Prime Time Antioxidant Foundation Primer SPF 30 Tinted

No Image

on 4/7/2014 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This review is NOT for the BB cream (that's new) -- it's for the Prime Time Antioxidant Foundation Primer SPF 30 Tinted -- only one shade available for this item. It doesn't feel like other primers -- lacks that silicone feel. But, it makes the face totally smooth and soft and adds a hint of color -- it looks dark (like a bronzer) when first pumped out (the pump is anothe plus) but blends into the skin perfectly. QVC offers this in a 2 ounce bonus size for about $28.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

They market this as a BB Primer-Cream, but it's honestly just a tinted primer. However, it's basically awesome at being just that. I've sampled it more than once and have yet to be disappointed. It only comes in two shades thus far but the light-to-medium blended out perfectly on my skin. I've worn it both under the matte loose foundation by BareMinerals and alone with dabs of concealer where needed and a finishing powder. The results are great either way; I found myself using less foundation because a lot of my uneven skin tone was already corrected, and when I used it alone my skin looked poreless and smooth without looking like I had anything on at all (and it didn't break me out, either). I got complements all day on my skin being flawless even though it isn't. Ha!

No bad things to say. Pass it up if you want a BB Cream, but it's an awesome primer. Have only sampled a few times so far but would totally buy it once I'm out of what I have - it's pretty inexpensive compared to other high-end primers.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Update: They now offer this in two colors. I bought the light and use it around my eyes. It is great for that and helps disguise my horrible circles without additional weight. Then I add additional concealers over the darkest parts. It helps conceal my dark circles for most of the day. I also will mix the light with the medium which looks like the original color I have for warmer weather as an all over face base.

This is rated a primer but I wear it as a tinted moisturizer sunscreen. It is very tenacious and lasts all day for me and can still be found on my washcloth at night.

The tint is fine for me, a NC 25-30, but will not be for everyone so for the very light you will have to thin this and for the very dark you will find this too light so probably why this is in limited markets so far. I could only find this on QVC and I really looked hard for this at BE boutiques, Ultas and other stores before ordering.

When I do wear this as intended--as a primer--it makes my mineral makeup wear like iron. All day wear, who could ask for more. In addition I am currently on accutane so I need all of the SPF I can get so this has SPF 30, my mineral makeup has SPF 20 and then I top that with powder with additional SPF so I know I'm covered because the derm has me so spooked.

The consistency of this is very light to almost dry so probably why this is billed a primer. It doesn't dry out my already dry accutane skin but it doesn't add any moisture either. I've had no breakouts from this.