Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick

Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick
bourjois colour boost closedBourjois colour boost openColor Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick

3.8

I own(ed) three shades: "fuchsia libre", "orange punch" and "peach on the beach". I used up "orange punch"- it sort of lived in my purse. It's easy to apply, moisturizing, but not sticky. It has a soft "buttery" (for the lack of better word) consistency, the color payoff is good- it's a combo between lipstick and lip balm.

Sadly I won't use up the other two shades because they simply don't suit me- apparently I look pretty bad in cool pinks and corals.

on 8/26/2017 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like the texture and consistency of these lip pencils. Large lip pencils, the packaging is plastic, coloured in the shade of the lip colour with a twist bottom for product dispensing. The two colours I have, are Orange Punch which is an orange/berryish colour and Peach on the Beach which is a more coral/melon colour. Glides nicely on the lip and leaves a beautiful sheer stained gloss. The consistency is very much like a tinted balm with pretty good pigment for a balm-like product. Contains an SPF of 15 which I really like. I like the way this feels and colours my lips, will be purchasing Fushia next.

on 9/17/2016 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Although the description says lipstick, the colour payoff looks more like a tinted lip balm instead, just slightly more pigmented. The description also says it provides 10 hours of comfort and hydration (bare lip sensation), has SPF15 AND is waterproof! Almost everything anyone could ever want from a lipstick right?? Unfortunately, when I wear it I definitely feel like something is on my lips, and it is so drying, even applying clear lip balm under and over it doesn't help. It also smells and tastes like waxy crayon (or how I imagine crayons would taste like...). I tried quite hard to like it, because it is difficult to find lipstick with SPF (if the rest of my face is protected, my lips should be too!). But I think this is the end of the road for us....

on 12/8/2015 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is just like a much cheaper version of the ysl rouge volupte shine high shine lipstick. im not talking about the overall quality, just the finish. it's a lipstick but the finish is glossy/shiny, so you dont need a gloss on top of it to give your lips a bit shine. i really like the color i got which is 04 peach on the beach but i just noticed this product has alcohol listed as one of the ingredients. why would a lipstick have an alcohol as an ingredient? if it hadnt been for that, i wouldve given it a higher rating. shame.

on 9/17/2015 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

no color at all!? ( I am asian , my lips is not too pale or dark )
felt REAL thick , do a little moisturize my lips....
no scent no taste.....
wont rebuy
just an ordinary lipbalm
I expect the "Orange Punch" to be red-orangey coloured!! but there is no color.... not even orange or pink!
sadly, I spent almost $18 for this ordinary, 4gram lipbalm!!! ergghhhh.......

at least the packaging looks like its expensive -_____-

on 10/10/2016 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is for the shade Peach on the Beach. Peach is actually one of those shades that I love, but find it hard to pull off. Regardless, my problem with this is with the formula. It's very sheer, but somehow it manages to be both sheer and extremely patchy at the same time. It looked very unflattering on my lips due to the formula. I passed this along, and I definitely wouldn't repurchase.

+ Affordable drugstore price
+ Has SPF 15

- Not cruelty free (Bourjois is on the Chinese market)
- Not buildable
- Patchy
- Clings to dry patches to the extreme

on 12/27/2014 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Great lipstick! I have it in the color Fuchsia Libre, which I find very pretty. This dark pink color is very bright and pigmented, and it doesn't dry out my lips. After the glossy finish is gone, my lips are left with a nice dark pink stain which lasts for a few hours. If I do want to reapply, it is very easy with these kinds of sticks as it doesn't need to be applied with precision. Another positive thing about the lipstick is that it has a subtle taste and smell which is not offensive.
One minor negative detail about the packaging is that the letters on the stick wear off quite easily when left in the make up bag for a long time. It doesn't affect the color, but it makes the appearance of the product a little cheap after a while, even though Bourjois is not that cheap where I buy it.

on 2/11/2015 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have three colors: the fucshia, orange and red ones, and Iove all of them! It goes smoothly on the lips, add just the right amount of color, and last long! I like the bright but not too opaque color, so it's really good for daily use when I don't put too much makeup on but want to look fresh. Even after eating, the product still sits well on the lips, so you won't look funny if you forgot to reapply. However, the gloss fades quickly, but the lasting color pays off! Good value, good quality, they're my current fave!

on 5/28/2015 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I generally love Bourjois products in general so was excited to try this. I decided to try Fuschia Libre as I don't usually wear fuschias. I loved the glossy look and the texture but it does wear off quite fast. I would buy it again but perhaps in a different colour.

on 11/2/2014 12:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

These are some nice lip crayons. I've only picked up one, Fuchsia Libre, a nice dark pink. Bought this when it was on offer, as I wanted a new lip product for when I went to Italy. I am impressed! These are quite glossy, which I liked, though for those who want more of a matte, these might not be up your street. They give a nice colour payoff, and as previously stated, give a glossy finish. Sadly, the glossy finish does not last for a long time, certainly not the 10 hours it claims to last for, but when it fades, it given a nice, even coloured lip. However, I coupled this with the Maybelline Baby Lips underneath, and made it look extra glossy, and last longer. Also, it claims to be waterproof, and it survived persistent drinking well. The packaging is simple, nothing incredible, but nice all the same. This was �5 when I purchased it, and I think the price is decent. I do like this product, but I don't love it, to be honest. I'm interested to try out more lip crayons, but I would buy it again if it was on offer or new shades were bought out.
Tips: When using this, fill your lips on the side, to keep the tip pointy.

Popular Lips Products