Sonia Kashuk Ideal Nude Nailpolish

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/15/2012 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This polish has been sitting in my collection for years and it's probably discontinued by now. Because of the new 'nude' nail trend, I picked it up and tried it out--it's my new favorite color. With one coat it looks super natural, two coats and it looks nude. I use a top coat so do not know about chipping or durability based on polish alone.

I don't recall the price paid. The packaging is okay. The metallic cap has tarnished and the brush is just ok--nothing to rave about. The polish itself is thin, but hasn't dried up in who knows how many years since I first bought it.

For my skin, this color is much better than OPI salmon sand (my only other nude to date). OPI is a bit lighter and more opaque.

on 7/11/2005 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Chips almost immediately and looks bad by the end of the day. Love Sonia Kashuk nail colors in the bottle (and usually use d/s brands for nails anyway), but the quality of these is way too low.

on 5/20/2004 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I don't usually like nude nail polishes--but I love this one! It's not one of those streaky sheers or an opaque, but somewhere in between. It's a true skin-tone and looks very subtle and classy. I just wish it would last longer--time to search for the perfect matching topcoat!

I bought this polish based on the raves it received, here. I used two coats, and it made my nail look like the color of my skin. I think it may look good with a white tipped french manicure. The color itself, looked like an old lady type of color.

on 4/21/2004 9:07:00 AM

I bought this last night at Target, as it was mentioned in sonia's book, Real Beauty. (As an iside, the Real Beauty book and video are great and highly recommended!) Anyway , this nail polish made me want to invent a new term : YNBB, or "your nails but better"! I put on two coats and this gives a clean, classy look for everyday. There is just enough nude color to look "polished" and very nice.

on 12/28/2003 6:52:00 PM

This is one of my favorite nail polish colors. It is a perfect beigy- nude that is great for job interviews, etc. I use three coats and it stays on longer than my OPI and shines. This is a HG nude polish.

Popular Polishes