Sonia Kashuk Ideal Nude Nailpolish

No Image

4.8

on 9/15/2012 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This polish has been sitting in my collection for years and it's probably discontinued by now. Because of the new 'nude' nail trend, I picked it up and tried it out--it's my new favorite color. With one coat it looks super natural, two coats and it looks nude. I use a top coat so do not know about chipping or durability based on polish alone.

I don't recall the price paid. The packaging is okay. The metallic cap has tarnished and the brush is just ok--nothing to rave about. The polish itself is thin, but hasn't dried up in who knows how many years since I first bought it.

For my skin, this color is much better than OPI salmon sand (my only other nude to date). OPI is a bit lighter and more opaque.

on 6/14/2005 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

In the store lighting, this looked identical to OPI's Dulce de Leche, but at half the cost (retail).

I am very, very impressed with this polish. It wears incredibly well -- as well as or better than my OPI polishes, even with the abuse my hands take. It's a lovely neutral that gives a very professional look.

on 6/8/2004 1:42:00 PM

Aptly named. I find most sheer nudes go on streaky and wash out my pale skintone, but not this one. I have pigmented nailbeds--seriously, they verge on blue-purple. But one coat of this nailpolish warms them up to a pink-beige that looks natural and polished. Perfect for job interviews. It wears surprisingly well, too.

on 4/21/2004 9:07:00 AM

I bought this last night at Target, as it was mentioned in sonia's book, Real Beauty. (As an iside, the Real Beauty book and video are great and highly recommended!) Anyway , this nail polish made me want to invent a new term : YNBB, or "your nails but better"! I put on two coats and this gives a clean, classy look for everyday. There is just enough nude color to look "polished" and very nice.

Popular Polishes