Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream For dry, sensitive skin

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream For dry, sensitive skin

4.5

Water, glycerin, petrolatum, dicaprylyl ether, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, cetyl acohol, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, PEG-30 stearate, tocopheryl acetate, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, dimethiconol, benzyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA, sodium hydroxide.

on 5/4/2016 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really lovely moisturiser. It's hydrating without being oily and it calms my face when I've been overdoing it with exfoliators or the wrong products. It's lovely under makeup - foundation looks great over it and there is minimal oil breakthrough on my dehydrated combination skin. I have fussy skin that reacts to many skincare products by either breaking out in big cystic pimples or by going red and flaky, but the Cetaphil Moisturising Cream never breaks me out or irritates my skin. When I use this at night I wake up with smooth, healthy-looking skin. It doesn't have fancy ingredients, it's just a straight-forward, uncomplicated moisturiser that works. Love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This cream is very moisturizing, however, i don't find it to do more than any other basic moisturizing cream that you can buy in the drugstores. I have very sensitive, dry, skin that is flaky and irritated because of my being on prescription acne medications for quite a long amount of years, plus my skin is acne prone, and i suffer with seborrheic dermatitis as well. I do rotate between moisturizers on my face, because this mousturizer is too heavy to use on my face on a daily basis, or else it starts clogging my pores up and i start seeing pimples crop up. Which is why, i am very careful about exactly how much of it i do apoly to my face, when i do use it.

Also, thank God my dermatologist gives out Cetaphil coupons, which is why, i don't have to pay full price for this stuff, whenever i choose to re-buy it.

If you are someone whose skin, combination, oily, or very oily, I would highly recommend avoiding usage of this stuff on your face. As, it would be way to much for your skin. Instead, it would best to use it on your body, if you do dcided to get it.

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/18/2016 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I use this cream on my hands, arms, legs, and feet. My skin is very dry and sensitive. This moisturizes and gives a subtle sheen to my skin without because being greasy. I'm glad that it has no fragrance because it can be irritating and sometimes I have nasal allergies. I prefer this jar version because it's much easier to get all of the product out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This seems a bit greasier than Cerave cream or takes a little while to absorb. But I think I prefer Cetaphil in this cold dry weather, at least for my feet and lower body.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Cetaphil Moisturising Cream is a simple, but effective moisturiser. It doesn't battle against wrinkles or give you a facelift, but if you are looking for a unscented moisturiser that delivers effective moisturising results on dry and flaky skin types, that is affordable and isn't overly greasy or heavy on your skin then you've come to the right place.

I've been using this twice daily for a little while now, and not only does my naked skin look noticeably more radiant, but it hasn't flaked at all. I haven't changed any other product in my skincare regime. Since using this I haven't suffered from additional breakouts, or had any itches or rashes on my dry and sensitive skin.

Cetaphil Moisturising Cream gets extra brownie points with me as it is not just for the face - it works well on other body parts for me, especially used as a hand cream.

on 4/13/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the most moisturizing cream I have ever used on my face. I absolutely love it in the winter months when my skin is on the drier side. There's no scent so it won't irritate the skin. The only things I don't like is how 1.) it is in a tub. With it being in a tub, if you keep sticking your fingers into it, it can be a bit unsanitary. Also, it is a pretty deep tub, so if you stick your fingers into it, if your nails are long, it will get under your nails which is a bit annoying. 2.) you have to wash your hands as soon as you apply this because it will burn your eyes if you rub them. Other than that, it is overall a great product and my skin is extremely hydrated every time I use this.

on 3/28/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My skin is dry and sensitive.

I have the three ounce tube. I use this cream on my face as a daytime moisturizer, over Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum.

Cetaphil doesn't irritate and it's sufficiently moisturizing. It feels good on my skin all day. It blends easily and it works well under makeup.

This is a simple but effective moisturizer with beneficial ingredients, good for drier skins.

PROS: Light and silky consistency for how moisturizing it is. Great consistency for slapping it on real quick after the shower. The price is right. Fragrance free. NEVER bothers my very sensitive skin. This is keeps my usually dry heels nice.(see app. tips below) I would think it would work great for things like eczema or very dry skin that needs sort of a barrier, along with moisture.

CONS: Not in love with the packaging in a tub, but I'm not sure they could put this formula into a pump and have it work. Has parabens. (They used to not have them, but they added them in now.) I'm not sure this would be good for the face due to the high concentration of petrolatum and dimethicone. Maybe it would work if you don't have any trouble with clogged pores.

ALTERNATES: They have a lotion version as well, which is, of course, lighter in texture (but it actually feels kind of oilier and heavier than this). Cerave also has a cream. This Cetaphil one has a lot higher concentration of dimethicone and petrolatum than the Cerave does. The Cerave cream has ceramides and hyaluronic acid in it, where this Cetaphil doesn't. When initially put on, this Cetaphil feels silkier, with more slip than the Cerave. But once you wait a couple of minutes, the Cetaphil side actually is just tackier, while the Cerave is smoother.

APPLICATION TIPS: You could actually use this as an eye cream, as well, for night time. I put this on my feet at night time right before bed. Or I like it all over, right after the shower.

I got the huge tub of this stuff for 10$. It lasted for 3 years. I threw it out eventually because it couldn't be sanitary. I only used a tiny bit once a day after washing. Never broke me out. Recently bought again and used twice a day. I started getting more black heads and pimples. When applied lightly and not often it keeps my skin moisturized and happy. It has never irritated my sensitive skin. I wish I didnt have to stick my fingers down into the tub, but its not a big issue. I use it on my body if I run out of my other lotion, and it does a great job.

I use this almost exclusively in winter. I have the cream and lotion. Fragrance free, absorbs easily, no greasy feeling, no breakouts. The price is higher than many drug store creams but worth every penny. I haven't gone a day without it, almost, since high school. I receive compliments on my skin often enough to assume it works well. My mom has severely dry skin and this is basically all she can use. For under makeup, just give it a minute or two because it's thicker than a lotion, but if winter for you is as bad as for me, you'll be very happy. :)