I am all about my bright colored lippies...I have always ran to MAC for to feed said bright plight and addiction. Not so anymore! Not since I discovered this brand. Wow, just wow!
Let us begin with Milani as a brand wherein their color statement line of lipsticks are concerned, shall we?
1) Its totally affordable at about $5 per lipstick.
2) Pigmentation is to die for, they give MAC a major run for its money and rep to be sure.
3) They are totally on par with a number of other popular high end brands where formulation is concerned - this formula is creamy as heck and totally moisturizing.
4) I dunno what gives with the scent of this stuff but its like junkfood junkie aromatherapy heaven! These lipsticks smell like jolly ranchers. That may be off putting to some, but I think its delish as well as fitting considering the bright fun color range they have going.
5) I love how they show the color at the bottom of the case; I love how the color is exactly the same as the actual lipstick itself even more because their are other brands which try to do this and fail (I have made purchases based on the color shown on base, gotten home and been disappointed).
High Voltage is a knock out red in which is flattering on all skin tones, from palest pales to darkest of dark. For pale gals, the vintage red shade emphasizes their lovely milky skin and makes the mouth more flattering via emphasizing a flirty pout and bringing out the whites of teeth. For med shades the brightness of this color is brought down a notch yet the undertones really bring out the healthy glow of skin and shade. For darker skined women, the orange undertones of this lipstick truly come into play here in an amazing fashion; the lipstick color becomes an intriguing mix of classiness and seduction, brown skin shades totally pop with beauty and look amazingly healthy, and eyes (no matter what color) are emphasized beautifully. How often do we ladies find a red which works so beautifully across the board? Not often! And this is a huge part of the reason I rave over this color!
High Voltage is truly an across the board, works for all shade of red. Many brands make that claim but not many can back it up. Milani can - at least they can when it comes to this shade. So if you love reds or have been seeking out a versatile red, seek no further. Grab this gem!