The Body Shop Vitamin E Cool BB cream

The Body Shop Vitamin E Cool BB cream

2.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Sometimes struggling with more dry and irritated skin I will turn to this versus a foundation. it's coverage is light to light/medium but I suggest using a concealer. It's staying power is decent if you set with a powder as I do but I can't say how it would hold up on its own. The shade is very dark when it comes out of the tube but once it was on my face is actually adjusted to my skin colour and tone with has strong olive undertones. Overall this product isn't the best on the market but it is cruelty free, doesn't break me out, and helps when my skin is dry and sensitive.

Worst BB Cream I have ever used ... After loving the loreal BB cream I had high expectations from the body shop. Tube is basic and cheap looking , product is just horrible .... Lack of shades especially for lighter skinned people and as for the vitamin E... Doesn't seem to be very moisturising at all. I love The Body Shop but this product was so disappointing :(

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Would be perfectly fine with this product if it wasn't advertised as a BB cream. It's not.
BB creams are meant to be moisturising. This is in no way enough on it's own.
I use it mostly nowadays with a fairly thick layer of moisturiser underneath. The formula is very thick and squeezing it out of the tube it comes out like dried-up toothpaste. It spreads okay, but 'BB cream' for this foundation paste is a little misleading.
I won't repurchase as I have both better Korean BB creams and liquid foundations.

on 5/16/2015 7:26:00 AM

I honestly hate this bb cream. It is really heavy on my skin and it doesn't blend with my skin. It looks SUPER tacky on my face and it doesn't give a good coverage. Plus, it only comes in one colour! considering the poor result of using this product I think it's way too expensive.

on 10/19/2015 9:08:00 PM

I'm not too into TBS's makeup products but I purchased this one because I had a discont coupon, and I regretted it so much it hurts.

The product has pretty good coverage & looks fine if you put powder on afterwards, but it smells horrible. It's like rotten milk & whenever I put this on my face I have to hold my breath for some mins til the stink subside. It's also too greasy for someone with as oily skin as me, and it comes off in a good few hours from sweat. I wouldn't want to put it again on my face because of the smell. Plus the grease. Ugh.

on 11/8/2015 9:10:00 AM

Out of other BB creams I've tried, this is the worst. Fyi my skin is oily/combi and I stay in hot and humid southeast asian climate. I bought it when it was on 50% discount at Body Shop, and still I regretted shelling out the money. This BB cream is so wet, doesn't really get absorbed into my skin, and coverage was minimum to none (not buildable!). If I don't use powder afterwards, it stays sticky wet on my skin for hours, and smudges onto whatever my skin touches. I'm not sure I get an expired product (thus the 50% discount) but this product is a tubeful of negative experience for me. Such a pity since I generally like Body Shop's Vitamin E line products.

on 10/21/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like this. I agree with Annisty's review below. I'm pale too and this isn't too dark at all. (In fact this is a much much better colour match than TBS's new Shiso BB cream, which is way too light and sickly looking.) If this product could be improved upon, it would be to add SPF.

on 7/5/2014 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Honestly, I'm surprised at the mixed reviews on this product. Personally, I really like it. I have very pale skin with a lot of redness, and I was afraid it was going to be too dark, but it actually isn't bad at all. It can be slightly dark if I use too much, but I am just careful with the amount. It really doesn't take a lot of product to cover my face anyways. I have tried this with and without moisturizer underneath, and I think it's definitely moisturizing enough without anything underneath. It slips a bit if I use moisturizer beforehand. I usually just apply it with my fingers. The product comes out as a thick cream, but spreads very easily over my skin and doesn't feel very heavy. It really has a good coverage. This cream instantly covered up all the redness in my skin. I only have to use a tiny bit of concealer afterwards for any big spots. It also has a nice texture that looks natural, as if I'm not wearing makeup. This is especially nice in the summer. The price is pretty expensive though for less than two ounces. However, the Body Shop is always having sales so you can get it for a better deal. I will most likely repurchase when I run out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this BB cream! Feels super light on the skin, easy to blend, feels just like a tinted moisturizer, I prefer this BB cream to others I've tried! Will definitely repurchase.

on 3/2/2014 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I HATE this BB cream. This was my first US BB cream, and I can't really agree that it's a BB cream. It's more of a foundation paste.
Here are the claims:
Vitamin E Cool BB Cream is a new skincare hero (definitely not).
The Body Shop's new take on BB cream illuminates (false; makes skin dull), evens skin tone and protects with moisture (greasy) for 12 hours (no). Available in one cool shade, the lightweight texture (heavy) will effortlessly blend (no) onto skin for a fresh (no)and natural look (no).
Hydrates to protect (no, greasy)Evens tone Fresh-looking skin (no)One cool shade

I wouldn't have a problem paying $22 for a really good full-sized BB cream because you only need a tiny amount each application, but this is not only small, but it fails at every claim it makes.
BB creams are supposed to provide coverage that feels sheer, creamy, and weightless and provides a glow to your skin. It literally should make you feel like you aren't wearing any face make-up at all, blend to your skin color, and soak into your skin with one or two rubs.
THIS BB Cream however, feels thick and oily, like applying a mud mask. You really have to rub it in a few times, which is hard when it is so thick and oily. It's even hard to get out of the tube due to the thickness! It's very matte- no glow except for the oily sheen it leaves behind. The coverage is average, but it feels like my pores are clogged with it and my face feels heavy and dull. The opposite of sheer, creamy, and weightless, with no glow.
The color does blend with my skin, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Maybe someone who hasn't tried the Korean BB creams might like it, but I have experienced much, much better.
The one positive thing i can say is that despite being owned by a unethical brand (Loreal), The Body Shop does not test it's products on animals, nor the unfinished products, nor it's ingredients, nor allow it to be tested on animals to be sold in China- unlike many many US brands. And...the tube is pink.