Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer SPF 15

Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer SPF 15

3.0

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (sunscreen), Ensulizole (sunscreen), Octisalate (sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Glycol Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Allantoin, Bisabolol, Glyceryl Stearate, Potassium Stearate, Carbomer, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Stearamide AMP, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Methylisothiazolinone

Neutrogena reformulated my HG oil-free spf15 daily moisturizer so I had to scramble and find a replacement because I am allergic to the new formula. This moisturizer had so much potential!! I used it for about 5 days straight. Application was amazing! Feels refreshing and hydrating, quick absorption. However, I think this made me begin to breakout by the 5th day. I discovered tiny WHITE BREAKOUTS beginning to surface on my nose and forehead. I'm fairly certain this was clogging pores. I also noticed my skin feeling rougher and like there was a film on it. At the time I was also trying ST. Ives Oatmeal scrub, so I will have to investigate more as to what broke me out. UPDATES COMING SOON.

on 6/13/2016 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this it was on offer and Boots had run out of their (better and cheaper) Simply Sensitive day moisturiser.

This is nothing special. It doesn't break me out but it doesn't make my skin look good either. It makes my eyes sting and water when I put it on but anything with SPF does that. I like the scent though.

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

This product caused a breakout for me immediately. I would not recommend it. I also experienced some slight burning on application.

on 3/30/2016 3:02:00 PM

I used to use Simple when I was in high school and I really liked it. I ran out of my more high end moisturizer and decided I wanted to try a drugstore brand, so I purchased this. I have very sensitive, dry skin. I've been using it for a couple weeks and noticed that it wasn't moisturizing my face and I had a painful, irritated rash on my cheeks. I've stopped using it for a few days now and the rash is slowly disappearing. Definitely not repurchasing.

I have been using this moisturizer for a few weeks now and I have no complaints. I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin and this has not broke me out or made me more oily. I really appreciate how light this formula is, but I am not sure how well it would work for drier skin types. The packaging could be better- I feel that it will be hard to use the entire product once it starts running low. And it is a little pricier for drugstore, but it is good quality and i appreciate that I can find this at any local drugstore. For anyone that has a similar skin type to mine, I would definitely recommend giving this a try. I will be repurchasing this once I run out.

I have been using this product for about 5 weeks till I realised this product was causing spots. I found that it burnt my skin really bad but I thought my skin would get use to it but it didn't it continued to get worse so I would not buy it again because it claimed to be for sensitive skin but it burnt me every single time for about 5 mins.

on 10/30/2015 10:09:00 AM

i've been using this product for a couple months now and my skin reacts to it just fine. I like that its not scented or overly complicated. It's very gently but it doesn't provide my skin the relief and satin-y feeling I crave from moisturizers. I also am disappointed that it's only SPF 15... I feel like i need to constantly be reapplying it and it doesn't help repair dry skin. Its a good product for regular gentle maintenance but it's not life changing or anything. I probably wouldn't buy again unless I felt like my skin routine got too complicated and was irritating my skin. It's a good square one but, like i said, you won't see dramatic improvement from this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this product continuously for the last three weeks, and so far, my skin seems to like it. I have not had terrible breakouts (yet) like some reviewers have had, so maybe I'm just lucky in that regard, maybe it's a "mileage may vary" thing. As to the smell, I won't lie: it does smell like sunscreen. But it's not overly strong, and the smell fade pretty quickly, so it's not a big deal for me. Notice that the packaging claims it "contains no artificial perfume or dyes," and that is true, but that doesn't mean the ingredients themselves have no scent; it just means they haven't added anything to it to make it smell better or less like the sunscreen that it is.

I would have given it five stars but for the relatively low SPF (seriously, just SPF 15? Why bother with anything less than SPF 30?), but fortunately my base makeup has SPF 20, so with the two combined I fell like I'm probably getting more protection than I would with either of them separately.

What I really like is the amount of product they give you for the money you spend. You get a 4.2 oz bottle for less than $8 (at Walmart, anyway; I got mine for about $4 at Big Lots), which is very generously sized for a sunscreen/ moisturizer for your face. I can't believe the nerve some companies have to charge $10 and up for tiny little 1 oz bottles of sunscreen (that your suppose to reapply every 2 hours. At that rate, you could go through an entire bottle in a single day, if anyone was actually doing that anywhere besides the beach. The expense mounts up pretty quickly. Coincidence? I think not.) But for the price of this stuff, I can definitely afford to overlook the sunscreen smell and slick consistency (that's what setting powder is for).

I think this is something I'll definitely be repurchasing when I run out. Try it, and if you don't like it (or your skin doesn't like it) then at least you won't have spent a fortune to find out if it's a good fit for you. But if you and your skin do like it, then you'll have found an excellent and inexpensive moisturizer that you will want to repurchase again and again. It's a win-win!

on 8/3/2015 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a good everyday product. It is very light and absorbs easily into the skin. It has almost no scent which is really nice because it is also a sunscreen. I have oily skin and this product hasn't caused me any break outs. However, I will note that when worn without any makeup on top it can cause my face to become a bit greasy feeling, but that is really my only complaint about this product. You can buy this product online or in any drugstore. Prices range from $7-$14 dollars for a 4.2 ounce bottle. It seems to last a decent amount of time because I only need to use a little bit to cover my face, and I do use it everyday. Overall, I like it and would buy it again.

on 7/19/2015 11:08:00 PM

I bought this 2 weeks ago when my Neutrogena oil free sensitive skin face lotion ran out. I wanted to buy a summer moisturizer with SPF. I bought the Simple brand since I really like their moisturizing wash. Oh boyyyy, after 2 weeks of use, I have moderate breakout throughout my forehead, cheeks and chin areas. I have small red dots everywhere! And it's true about the listed ingredients listed...not too Simple after all. Won't repurchase and I'm going to get my Neutrogena moisturizer ASAP!