Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide, Hydrogenated Didecene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Olive is a beautiful truly grey-olive shade for those who are about NC37-40 depth but find it impossible to find foundations that aren't glaringly orange or pink. Packaging is ideal: useful, hygenic, beautiful yet clean, and it comes with a good amount of product -- more than usual! Mattifying formula, but because of its "polymer" structure shit it's truly impossible to build. If you build while wet, it won't really stick, just move around, but if you build it while wet, it's splotch city (which is often the issue with marttifying formulas). Medium coverage at best, but to me it truly feels more like a light coverage. Concealer also doesn't work with this formula, so I feel like if you want greater coverage in certain areas, you're out of luck.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

As a female that used to suffer from chronic white heads and minor acne, it took me awhile to find the perfect oil free foundation that won't return my skin to its old state.

Let's start off with the colour, it was super easy to find a shade that suited my olive yellow-ish skin. It has medium coverage but buildable. No one detects that I am wearing any form of foundation even though I have layers. I use an orange correcter for my acne scars, as the foundation doesn't have enough coverage for hyper pigmentation.

Great oil control that didn't break me out. My t zone is usually oily (especially my nose) and this foundation did an excellent job controlling it. However, make sure to apply it in sections because it does dry out as you apply. Also, make sure to properly moisturize your skin before you apply it (gel oil-free moisturizer - oily skin still needs moisture!)

Works best under a primer, especially a silicon base primer for maximum smoothness. Yet, I do not recommend wearing a silicon based primer everyday with becca to prevent future breakouts.

Last but not least, I love love love how hygienic the packaging is. I have no trouble applying the foundation with my hands (my preferred method). Then I buff my skin with a brush to properly even it out. I tried other methods but I felt as though the beauty blender took up way too much product, however a normal sponge and brush worked just fine. Remember you just have to work really quick with this foundation but it dries super fast and doesn't transfer.

Overall, excellent product. Oil free, great coverage, matte but not dull finish, buildable, absorbs oils rather than clogging it and super hygienic.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVED this foundation the very first few times I tried it. I thought I had found my holy grail but later on I started noticing little white bumps (almost rash like) all around my jaw and around my nose and on my neck (where I blend down the foundation). I have very oily skin and for some reason I felt like my skin was really dry and flaky after using this product. This foundation has extremely good coverage but after a few hours starts to get kind of break down really badly around my nose. So beware, this foundation might clog your pores.

This is my absolute HG foundation! I have struggled for years to try and find a foundation that will hold up to my very oily t-zone. I've used a lot of other so-called long-wearing foundations (i.e. Kat von D Lock-It), but they did not hold up like this Becca foundation. The only place I get some patchiness throughout the day is where my glasses touch my face, but that is to be expected with any foundation for us glasses wearers. Otherwise I find this foundation to be excellent in every way! Does not oxidize, and is generally fairly transfer resistant, although not completely. My only complaint is the high price tag (about $52 in Canada), but for a foundation that actually lasts, I am willing to pay more.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this product when I was on holiday in America. I asked the store assistants to help me find a colour and when I got home I tried it out and it was a bit too light. It also is pretty light coverage and I found it hard to build up but maybe thats because it was too light. Also, i suffer from combination to oily skin. So a positive of this is that it did keep me pretty shine free and stayed on all day, however would gather around my nose and brows and my chin throughout the day especially on the dry patch of skin I have on my chin. I wouldn't buy this product again as the coverage is not what im looking for.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm shocked by all the bad reviews! I LOVE a matte face, and this foundation delivers. It's matte, just as good as Kat Von D's foundation but nowhere near as heavy! Used with a damp beauty sponge, this foundation feels very light and comfortable on my dry/normal skin. It isn't patchy or streaky and it doesn't dry out my skin. I have worn this stuff in 100+ degree heat indexes and the foundation has lived to tell the tale! :p Didn't like the $42 price tag, but I will splurge on this, especially during these hot Chicago summers.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have VERY oily skin so I'm always looking for a matte, long-wearing foundation. I LOVE the BECCA Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector so I decided to give the foundation a try.

The foundation has a light to medium coverage, it took three layers to give me decent coverage ( I do have a lot redness). As far as shine-proof or oil control it didn't do much at all. I think if you have normal/combination skin and no major blemishes it will work for you. If you are oily or you have redness spots to cover I don't think it will do much for you.

You can see it in action here:

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product brand new off of Poshmark for 12$, but this product retails for 42$ in stores. I have the shade "Fawn" for summer, and will be repurchasing a lighter shade for the coming fall/winter seasons.

I received this product in the mail around 12PM. I put it on immediately, because my husband and I had to head to the DMV after he got home from work. I used a brush for one side of my face (elf ultimate blending brush) and I used my beauty blender on the other side. I'd suggest using a brush with this foundation if you want to get all of the coverage you can out of this product. Otherwise, for a natural finish, use a beauty blender. I decided to go over the beauty blender side with a bit more product and the brush because I was getting my picture taken for my new ID at the DMV that day.

I immediately noticed how nicely this foundation dries down. It almost feels like a powder after it dries. It dries VERY quickly though, so I would suggest doing your face in sections with this foundation. It doesn't really have a smell, and I don't mind that. It has somewhat of a mousse like texture. It does not run at all on the hand or face. It's a pretty pigmented foundation. I found with one layer, it will cover hyper-pigmentation spots, mild redness, etc. Basically medium coverage with one layer. With two layers, I was able to achieve a flawless full coverage look.

Now, because I wanted to test this foundation, I did not put any primer underneath. I didn't use powder over it because it dried down to an almost powder-like finish and didn't want it to look cakey. I have a VERY oily t-zone, so I really wanted to see if it could keep me matte all day. I wore this foundation in South Carolina humid on a 95 degree day (102 with the heat index) from about 12:30 PM to 10:30 PM. When I went to take it off, my face was STILL flawlessly matte everywhere, except around my nostrils which was just beginning to get a little oily. The next day, I wore it as I would with any foundation (primer underneath and powder over top) and it lasted from 9AM to 11PM. No touch ups. No blotting. I was visiting my parents that day, and my mom asked me what foundation I was wearing because it looked amazing even after we stayed outside for five hours.

The only thing that would make me like this foundation more is if it came in a bottle with a pump instead of being in a tube, but I know that most mousse like foundations come this way so I'm not really that bothered by it. This is officially my new 'holy grail' foundation. I will be repurchasing and I would definitely recommend this to friends with combination to oily skin. I'm not sure how it would fair on dry patches since it is pretty matte, but if you're interested I would suggest going to your local Ulta/Sephora and asking for a sample. This foundation has become a life saver!!!

I'd like to start off this review by saying that my holy grail foundation for years has been the revlon colour stay. Until I came across Becca ever matte! After picking up a sample to put it to the test, I very soon fell in love! The most impressive componet about this foundation is just how well it lives up to its mattifying claims. Honestly, Wow!! Is the least I can say! Just when I thought that nothing could possibly live up to my revlon colour stay, Becca not only stood up to it, but knocked revlon right off its pedestal! Which I thought was almost neally impossible, after trialling so many foundstions that failed to live up to my revlon. I was looking for a foundation that was more light weight, although still would live up to the durability of revlon. Which Becca certainly surpassed!
The first day I put Becca to the test, I didn't even pair it with a primer. I simply applied serum & moisturiser as per normal, followed by the foundation. I put this on around 7:30 in the morning and honestly could not freaken believe that when I got home at 6:30 at night, with no touch ups, it still looked absolutely perfect!!!!!
All in all, im so impressed to say the least. What an amazing foundation!! For anyone with normal right through to oily skin. Definitely worth every penny! MASSIVE THUMBS UP!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I actually really like this foundation despite the low reviews on here. Though every Youtube review I saw pretty much raved about this. The main reason I got this was because I'm switching to all cruelty-free makeup and this was one contender. I previously was using Tarte's Amazonian clay foundation but that was a hot oily mess for me.

I have really oily skin and this truly stays on my face throughout the day. You can actually feel it mattify as you apply it, which would make me think, "Oh, gotta buff this in quick" or else it'll cake up if I want to go over it again but I haven't ran into any issues with that. There are times I don't even need to set my face with a powder because it feels and looks very matte already once applied. This is saying something because I always powder my face after foundation, always! I would say the coverage is a medium and can be full by layering. My skin is light-medium with yellow undertone and I chose the shade Buttercup. It doesn't have the best packaging. The plain brown squeezy tube with silver cap just cheapens the look but I guess it's what inside that counts. The price is quite steep but you do get a little more than the standard 1oz with most foundations.