Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide, Hydrogenated Didecene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Me:
- oily t zone
- some acne
- acne scars

Pros:
- matte so it is great for oily skin (not saying your oils will be at bay for the whole day because that's impossible but it does hold up for at least 5~8 hours depending on oiliness)
- covers very well, almost full coverage
- doesn't smudge or transfer (i play basketball and sweat in this (too self conscious to play bare skin))
- cruelty free & great selection of shades
- does not oxidize
- a little goes a long way
- squeezy tube so no mess
- 1.35 fl oz/40 ml which is more than your standard 1 fl oz/30ml

Cons:
- dries quickly so you must work fast
- only blends well with a wet sponge (brush will cause streaks)
- more than one layer could make you look cakey & your pores may start to show (because it's really matte? i haven't figured out why yet.. and i do use a primer)
- expensive
- clings to dry patches so definitely not for dry skin peeps

The cons don't out weigh the pros for me; you just have to be wary of how you apply and how much you apply this foundation. I love this Becca foundation and i've already repurchased. I do want to try out other foundation but this will always be one that i can count on. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Me: Normal to dry, acne-prone, sensitive skin. Indented Acne-scars,
Sensitive to lots of chemicals, and science-literate, so I READ the labels!. No hexylene glycol, ethylhexyl palmitate, etc. etc. See EWG/SkinDeep Database (and Paula's Choice Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary).

Story of Purchase: Wanted to branch out from my drugstore fave (Loreal Absolute Serum Foundation) to find something that isn't toxic and isn't irritating. WOWZA. This is great, Praise GOD. SO glad I did!

PROS:
#1 GENTLE INGREDIENTS. Nothing in it hurts my face! :) NICE JOB, CHEMISTS!
#2 OLIVE SHADE. Hello?! YES! No mixing required! Ready to go!
#3 TUBE PACKAGE. Can use every last drop, lightweight/packabale, secure top, no-drip ! Love!

CONS:
#1 Pricey... forty two dollars, which is really ouch, but if its gentle and not an evil company, its worth it
#2 Drying....i moisturize nightly after taking it off, and blend with my ELF Serum Foundation (another drugstore fdt I totally recommend!)

OVERALL: Light-Medium coverage foundation in OLIVE SHADE with GENTLE ingredients. A little to drying for dry skin. I bought two! Still have to see how it wears with water splashing on my face for prayer at mid day and afternoon.

All my life I've struggled with an oily T-zone, and it's been a constant challenge to find a foundation that (a) matches my skin tone, and (b) lasts all day. I was a big fan of the now discontinued Revlon Colorstay Mineral Mousse – I know a lot of people hated it, but it worked perfectly for me, perhaps because I don't use foundation all over my face, just to conceal redness, large pores and oiliness in the T-zone. (Attractive, right?)

Becca Ever-Matte is my new HG & I really, really hope they never discontinue it! For me, it gives the right amount of coverage (medium), a natural-looking finish and – yes – stays put from morning to night, even in hot weather. For reference, I'm a NC 20-25 in Mac, 30 in the Mineral Mousse, and the shade Cashmere is a perfect match. It looks alarmingly yellow when it comes out of the tube, but dries down to a much more neutral shade.

PS: I also love the travel-friendly tube. I don't LOVE the high price, but one tube seems to last a long time (I've had mine for a few months already) and it's totally worth it. For the oily-skinned peeps out there – this is a lifesaver.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Olive is a beautiful truly grey-olive shade for those who are about NC37-40 depth but find it impossible to find foundations that aren't glaringly orange or pink. Packaging is ideal: useful, hygenic, beautiful yet clean, and it comes with a good amount of product -- more than usual! Mattifying formula, but because of its "polymer" structure shit it's truly impossible to build. If you build while wet, it won't really stick, just move around, but if you build it while wet, it's splotch city (which is often the issue with marttifying formulas). Medium coverage at best, but to me it truly feels more like a light coverage. Concealer also doesn't work with this formula, so I feel like if you want greater coverage in certain areas, you're out of luck.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

As a female that used to suffer from chronic white heads and minor acne, it took me awhile to find the perfect oil free foundation that won't return my skin to its old state.

Let's start off with the colour, it was super easy to find a shade that suited my olive yellow-ish skin. It has medium coverage but buildable. No one detects that I am wearing any form of foundation even though I have layers. I use an orange correcter for my acne scars, as the foundation doesn't have enough coverage for hyper pigmentation.

Great oil control that didn't break me out. My t zone is usually oily (especially my nose) and this foundation did an excellent job controlling it. However, make sure to apply it in sections because it does dry out as you apply. Also, make sure to properly moisturize your skin before you apply it (gel oil-free moisturizer - oily skin still needs moisture!)

Works best under a primer, especially a silicon base primer for maximum smoothness. Yet, I do not recommend wearing a silicon based primer everyday with becca to prevent future breakouts.

Last but not least, I love love love how hygienic the packaging is. I have no trouble applying the foundation with my hands (my preferred method). Then I buff my skin with a brush to properly even it out. I tried other methods but I felt as though the beauty blender took up way too much product, however a normal sponge and brush worked just fine. Remember you just have to work really quick with this foundation but it dries super fast and doesn't transfer.

Overall, excellent product. Oil free, great coverage, matte but not dull finish, buildable, absorbs oils rather than clogging it and super hygienic.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVED this foundation the very first few times I tried it. I thought I had found my holy grail but later on I started noticing little white bumps (almost rash like) all around my jaw and around my nose and on my neck (where I blend down the foundation). I have very oily skin and for some reason I felt like my skin was really dry and flaky after using this product. This foundation has extremely good coverage but after a few hours starts to get kind of break down really badly around my nose. So beware, this foundation might clog your pores.

This is my absolute HG foundation! I have struggled for years to try and find a foundation that will hold up to my very oily t-zone. I've used a lot of other so-called long-wearing foundations (i.e. Kat von D Lock-It), but they did not hold up like this Becca foundation. The only place I get some patchiness throughout the day is where my glasses touch my face, but that is to be expected with any foundation for us glasses wearers. Otherwise I find this foundation to be excellent in every way! Does not oxidize, and is generally fairly transfer resistant, although not completely. My only complaint is the high price tag (about $52 in Canada), but for a foundation that actually lasts, I am willing to pay more.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this product when I was on holiday in America. I asked the store assistants to help me find a colour and when I got home I tried it out and it was a bit too light. It also is pretty light coverage and I found it hard to build up but maybe thats because it was too light. Also, i suffer from combination to oily skin. So a positive of this is that it did keep me pretty shine free and stayed on all day, however would gather around my nose and brows and my chin throughout the day especially on the dry patch of skin I have on my chin. I wouldn't buy this product again as the coverage is not what im looking for.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm shocked by all the bad reviews! I LOVE a matte face, and this foundation delivers. It's matte, just as good as Kat Von D's foundation but nowhere near as heavy! Used with a damp beauty sponge, this foundation feels very light and comfortable on my dry/normal skin. It isn't patchy or streaky and it doesn't dry out my skin. I have worn this stuff in 100+ degree heat indexes and the foundation has lived to tell the tale! :p Didn't like the $42 price tag, but I will splurge on this, especially during these hot Chicago summers.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have VERY oily skin so I'm always looking for a matte, long-wearing foundation. I LOVE the BECCA Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector so I decided to give the foundation a try.

The foundation has a light to medium coverage, it took three layers to give me decent coverage ( I do have a lot redness). As far as shine-proof or oil control it didn't do much at all. I think if you have normal/combination skin and no major blemishes it will work for you. If you are oily or you have redness spots to cover I don't think it will do much for you.

You can see it in action here: