Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide, Hydrogenated Didecene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide).

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product brand new off of Poshmark for 12$, but this product retails for 42$ in stores. I have the shade "Fawn" for summer, and will be repurchasing a lighter shade for the coming fall/winter seasons.

I received this product in the mail around 12PM. I put it on immediately, because my husband and I had to head to the DMV after he got home from work. I used a brush for one side of my face (elf ultimate blending brush) and I used my beauty blender on the other side. I'd suggest using a brush with this foundation if you want to get all of the coverage you can out of this product. Otherwise, for a natural finish, use a beauty blender. I decided to go over the beauty blender side with a bit more product and the brush because I was getting my picture taken for my new ID at the DMV that day.

I immediately noticed how nicely this foundation dries down. It almost feels like a powder after it dries. It dries VERY quickly though, so I would suggest doing your face in sections with this foundation. It doesn't really have a smell, and I don't mind that. It has somewhat of a mousse like texture. It does not run at all on the hand or face. It's a pretty pigmented foundation. I found with one layer, it will cover hyper-pigmentation spots, mild redness, etc. Basically medium coverage with one layer. With two layers, I was able to achieve a flawless full coverage look.

Now, because I wanted to test this foundation, I did not put any primer underneath. I didn't use powder over it because it dried down to an almost powder-like finish and didn't want it to look cakey. I have a VERY oily t-zone, so I really wanted to see if it could keep me matte all day. I wore this foundation in South Carolina humid on a 95 degree day (102 with the heat index) from about 12:30 PM to 10:30 PM. When I went to take it off, my face was STILL flawlessly matte everywhere, except around my nostrils which was just beginning to get a little oily. The next day, I wore it as I would with any foundation (primer underneath and powder over top) and it lasted from 9AM to 11PM. No touch ups. No blotting. I was visiting my parents that day, and my mom asked me what foundation I was wearing because it looked amazing even after we stayed outside for five hours.

The only thing that would make me like this foundation more is if it came in a bottle with a pump instead of being in a tube, but I know that most mousse like foundations come this way so I'm not really that bothered by it. This is officially my new 'holy grail' foundation. I will be repurchasing and I would definitely recommend this to friends with combination to oily skin. I'm not sure how it would fair on dry patches since it is pretty matte, but if you're interested I would suggest going to your local Ulta/Sephora and asking for a sample. This foundation has become a life saver!!!

I'd like to start off this review by saying that my holy grail foundation for years has been the revlon colour stay. Until I came across Becca ever matte! After picking up a sample to put it to the test, I very soon fell in love! The most impressive componet about this foundation is just how well it lives up to its mattifying claims. Honestly, Wow!! Is the least I can say! Just when I thought that nothing could possibly live up to my revlon colour stay, Becca not only stood up to it, but knocked revlon right off its pedestal! Which I thought was almost neally impossible, after trialling so many foundstions that failed to live up to my revlon. I was looking for a foundation that was more light weight, although still would live up to the durability of revlon. Which Becca certainly surpassed!
The first day I put Becca to the test, I didn't even pair it with a primer. I simply applied serum & moisturiser as per normal, followed by the foundation. I put this on around 7:30 in the morning and honestly could not freaken believe that when I got home at 6:30 at night, with no touch ups, it still looked absolutely perfect!!!!!
All in all, im so impressed to say the least. What an amazing foundation!! For anyone with normal right through to oily skin. Definitely worth every penny! MASSIVE THUMBS UP!!

To Read all 48 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I actually really like this foundation despite the low reviews on here. Though every Youtube review I saw pretty much raved about this. The main reason I got this was because I'm switching to all cruelty-free makeup and this was one contender. I previously was using Tarte's Amazonian clay foundation but that was a hot oily mess for me.

I have really oily skin and this truly stays on my face throughout the day. You can actually feel it mattify as you apply it, which would make me think, "Oh, gotta buff this in quick" or else it'll cake up if I want to go over it again but I haven't ran into any issues with that. There are times I don't even need to set my face with a powder because it feels and looks very matte already once applied. This is saying something because I always powder my face after foundation, always! I would say the coverage is a medium and can be full by layering. My skin is light-medium with yellow undertone and I chose the shade Buttercup. It doesn't have the best packaging. The plain brown squeezy tube with silver cap just cheapens the look but I guess it's what inside that counts. The price is quite steep but you do get a little more than the standard 1oz with most foundations.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Let me start out by saying, I never write reviews for anything. Becca Ever-Matte foundation however DESERVES a damn review.

This foundation is for Combination/Oily skin, it will be too drying for dry skin. It is a good medium to buildable full coverage. However! You must apply this foundation with a make up sponge (not a beauty blender, just a standard triangle make up sponge) and pat it onto your face. Then set with a setting powder and FLAWLESS!

Let me tell you, this foundation is INCREDIBLE, it is my holy grail. It keeps me matte for 7+ hours (just blot once over a period of 14 hours), the lasting power is amazing, I've accidentally slept in it and it was still there in the morning.

The bad reviews are simply from people having the wrong skin type for it or applying it incorrectly .

Becca is just the best for shades it covers from very pale to dark, which I love. It also has the most beautiful neutral/olive undertones (which is what most humans have as there their natural undertones). No sign of orange or oxidization FINALLY a foundation that understands we don't want to look like a orange Oompa Loompa.

I have tried hundreds of bottles of foundation searching for something that 1. Lasts all day without being a slick by the end of the day 2. has a olive/neutral undertones 3. Is good for your skin 4. has a matte/demi matte finish. 5. Is good for your skin!

You know what ladies and gents, this may be $70 (aus) but guess what? You get what you pay for and your face deserves a good base product. So invest in this little beauty!

Also, Becca has a great Ultimate Creme Coverage foundation - which has all the same shades as Ever Matte. Is FULL coverage and satin finish - beautiful for events and going out at night.

BUY IT!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I tried this on two occasions. The first time, I lived in the northeast and it was too drying. Then I moved to a tropical climate where the heat and humidity made it impossible to get a nice matte or natural finish if I stepped outdoors. This foundation, along with the ever matte primer, became my go-to. The coverage is light, which works well for me. I apply the primer to my T zone, then apply the foundation with a brush, and powder lightly. This lasts ALL day, even if I am running errands in the heat. I wear Amber (MUFE HD 170, NW40). Even without the primer, this foundation holds up for hours no hours. This will probably not work for you if you live in a less humid climate, but if you do, give it a try!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

SA @Sephora used this on me today. Looked beautiful at first but then my face felt a bit dry and tight. I am 48, dry skin but very few lines. I felt this emphasized the lines I do have because it is so matte. Chose Stila instead, I like a dewy finish.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This had amazing reviews and I was so excited to try this out and it was just average. It did not wow me or do anything for me. I tried the Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme and it blends like a dream and is incredible. If you were disappointed by the Ever Matte I recommend you try the Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme. It is much better.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is super matte. A dupe for it would be the Loreal Infallible matte... Which I hated.

If you want something light coverage, this would be for you. I have hyperpigmentation from cystic pimples so this doesn't do anything for me. I tried using this to cover the darkest spot on my face but it doesn't do anything, it just blends into the rest of my makeup.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this for more than a week now and I'm glad that this foundation works for me, despite all the bad reviews in here. I was worried at first, but i just can't stand the amount of oil in my face anymore so i give it a try.

First of, I live in Bali, my works requires me to be active for a long period of time and travel around so much (you got the idea). It is so hot in here that I can literally starts to get oily within one hour without putting anything on my face. Other than oil, i don't have any problem with acne or spots or anything. I bought the color Tobacco. For shade reference, my skin is NC45 in Mac Pro longwear, 173 Amber HD foundation, Level 4 warm light in Prescriptives all skin mineral make up 16 hour foundation, and #70 caramel in mufe matte velvet foundation. I bought it online, but when i put it on, the color is spot on! YAY :D

It says that it is medium to full coverage but i'd say that it's more light. Which, I am personally happy with because I like lighter coverage. But you definitely can build up more. It's not thick yet not so liquid-y. It sets rather quick, but leave my skin very soft. not tacky at all (and matte! )It feels sooo comfortable on my skin. I feel like I'm not wearing make up at all. One thing that I am concerned though, it does make my face looks flat matte. So I like to use a little bit shimmery blush or bronzer along side it, and it looks great on op of it.

And they mean it when they said "mattifying". It keeps my oil for a good 4 hours when I am doing outdoor activity. But it's not so oily that I need to blot. I tried to blot but really, there's nothing much compared to my other foundation *Tears of joy* When I'm just staying indoor It kept my face matte for a good 6-7 hours! I mean 6 hours.. Fuu... :')))
(I wear it with MUFE Step 1 mattifying)

It last a long time too. I put it on around 11 AM and I got home around 11 PM and it's still there! though, my blush and bronzer is not so visible anymore. But I'm pretty happy with it. My face is a bit oily but it's still normal.

In summary, I love this foundation so much. I'll definitely will repurchase again when I run out.

Pros:
- They have a great color selection. I bought it online and just choose my shade through findation and it turns out great.
- Does a great job with controlling my oil
- Natural Finish & doesn't feel heavy on my skin
- Doesn't break me out
- Travel friendly packaging
- Doesn't transfer a lot

Cons:
- A bit pricey
(But honestly, with this much satisfaction that I got, It's so worth the price :3)