Kiehl's Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Eye Cream

Kiehl's Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Eye Cream

2.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

First packaging, it is very inconvenient. Every time I open it the the cap is not coming out and when I pull it in forcefully, it is a mess overall. Now the product, even if you only use it for the moisturizing purpose, it is kind of drying. I felt a burning sensation around my eyes few times. I applied it under my concealer (nars) and my concealer creases. I'm using it for a month in the hope that long time usage may help but I have not seen any difference in my dark circle or fine lines around the eye. Not recommending.

on 3/24/2016 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought Kiehl's Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Eye Cream (small container of 14g) in Hongkong airport for 50USD and have been using it daily for one month now.
I only use it at night since I like only very light eye cream under my make-up in the morning, and this one is on the heavier side for me. It is not greasy and absorbs well, but it's still quite thick in a way.
It never irritated my skin and I have nothing to complain about it. It is moisturizing and I like the texture and how smoothly it applies, but that's about it. In a month, I did not notice any difference in my fine lines. I will keep on using it and will update if any changes, but for now I feel like many cheaper eye creams could do exactly the same for my skin if not more.

To Read all 10 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/30/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

OK.. so initially I wrote a bad review about this product, but after continuous usage of this product for over 3 months.. [as I wanted to give it a further try since I spent a lot on it , lol :)].... I take my words back... the cream works and has helped to... if not remove fine lines.... then at least improve the appearance of the fine lines... (eyes look less wrinkly, more fresh and in fact.. I can see that the long lines that used to extend at the corner of my eyes have almost disappeared)..... so I guess it was only the initial reaction that made my skin hate the product.. but now, my skin is used to it.. so it doesn't sting nor dry my under-eye area any more !

having said that... I'm not sure i would repurchase. perhaps spent more for a la mer eye cream?

The below is my old review:

This is by far the worst eye cream I have ever used. I went into the Kiehl's store and asked for a moisturizing eye cream and wanted to buy the avocado one as I heard it's got great reviews.. however the lady convinced me to buy this one instead because of my fine lines... I wish I hadn't because.... my fine lines have worsened significantly because of the dryness that this cream caused around my eyes... its itchy and hurtful and I constantly need to apply Vaseline to make it better. what a waste of money. packaging is unhygienic because of the glass jar. I don't even have sensitive skin but had this major issue with this eye cream.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I have never experienced bumps or irritation around my eye area until using this product. Unfortunately, it is not good for sensitive skin. Also the jar is unhygienic and inconvenient.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this cream for over a year and will definitely repurchase. It hydrates without feeling greasy, soaks in immediately, is very thick (almost a cream-gel) and does not cause my mascara to smear. I have not experienced any skin or eye irritation, and both are sensitive. At 43 years old, I'm looking for an eye cream to stop further wrinkles from appearing and to plump up the skin under my eyes. I feel like this does both. The price is on the high side since the jar is very small, but I prefer buying a small amount so that I know it is as fresh as it can be. A jar lasts me about 4 months. Like the other reviewers, I would prefer that it came in a tube instead of a pot, as it does start to thicken up after a couple months of daily air exposure. I'm surprised there aren't more positive reviews on this product.

I so wanted this to work after reading the reviews, but if anything it made my lines under my eyes much worse! After turning 40 last year, as if by magic, fine lines appeared under my eyes. I looked around and saw the great reviews for this (also swayed by the fact that I'm a bit of a Kiehl's junkie) and took the plunge. It's been a couple of months now and I've almost finished the tub and I can honestly not find anything good to say about it. My lines have become deeper and more noticeable while using this product and I can't even really say that it's okay as a moisturising eye because it's not. For the last couple of nights I've been using Dermalogica Age Smart Power Form instead and my lines look much better and smoother already. I think I'll be sticking with that one!

on 1/4/2014 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

l have used so many high end eye creams and have to say this is one of the best. I don't like oily creams that "sit" on the skin. I am very happy with this eye cream. It is very moisturizing without being greasy and I am seeing a smoother under-eye area since using it. I will definitely repurchase..

on 12/2/2013 4:55:00 PM

It is sting every time I use it. I did not see difference because I'm only 23, but there's small line under my eyes, maybe I should keep using it then can find the effect. But one thing is it is not hydrating which I hate it. No repurchase recently

on 11/16/2013 11:48:00 AM

Love! Love! I got it in Mylaysia by random shopping..I had used the other eye cream of Kielhs before but not impressed. However, this impressed me by its creamy but well-absorbed texture. I wish it lasts moisturizing a little bit longer and that would be perfect. Anyhow, I will repurchase it

on 7/19/2013 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I'm surprised there are no reviews for this eye cream yet. I've been test driving a sample for the last couple weeks and so far I'm a fan. It's unscented, has a nice thick (but doesn't pill under makeup) texture. There's a slight warming sensation when applied, but it fades away quickly and isn't too intense. My eye area looks smoother and less puffy, but I think it's too soon to say whether or not it's truly wrinkle-reducing. But for now, I'm happy enough with this eye cream's performance to say that I'd purchase it when my sample runs out.