Chanel Inspiration - Le Blush Creme De Chanel:

Chanel Inspiration - Le Blush Creme De Chanel:

4.8

I love this product. The result looks really natural on my skin.Very easy to apply, maybe more so than a powder blusher

on 1/8/2015 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Me: ~NW15-20, dark blonde hair, green eyes, normal-to-combination, highly sensitive skin.

Its been dawning on me recently that Chanels Inspiration is my all-time favourite blush. Ive been using it so often that it became just a work-horse in my mind, divorced from all the reasons why its loveable and fantastic.

Its a relatively intense, neutral verging on cool, pink in the pan. On the skin, its more delicate but still pigmented. Compared to a truly cool, blue-based blush (such as Dior Rosy Glow) some warmth can be detected so it will be compatible with a range of skintones. Im not sure I see the duskiness that other reviewers have mentioned (maybe I have a fairer skintone?). Its not a clear, bright colour but its not particularly muted and theres none of the brown or earthy tinge I associate with dusky shades.

Look elsewhere if you want a dewy, emollient cream blush. Chanels cream blushes are cream-to-powder, very lightweight and almost a mousse in texture initially. When applied they give a matte but luminous appearance to the cheeks, very fresh and natural. This is powder blush in a fool-proof format, easy to apply with fingers and incredibly easy to blend. Its also very buildable, while remaining rosy but subtle. I have yet to make the mistake of over-application with it. Fingers give the best effect. Those with dry skin will probably find this formula drags and is hard to work with and lacking radiance. I can't imagine that it would be problematic for normal, combination or oily skins. On that topic, my skin is extremely sensitive and this product hasn't bothered it remotely, but YMMV - know and avoid your own triggers.

Inspiration is unlikely to be a distinctive feature of your makeup unless you like a very minimal look, but it will play well with a myriad of other colours and textures you might want to feature in your makeup. It suits the majority of my looks unless Im going for obviously warm tones on both eyes and lips. Its workplace-friendly but will also support more dramatic looks well.

In terms of value for money, one container gives less product than some of its competitors but I find the amount given goes a long way. I bought mine in around July 2013, hit pan months ago and with regular use - about three to four days a week - I still have plenty left, writing in January 2015. I tend to have a higher price threshold for things I know I will use constantly and compensate in other areas, so price is not a negative for me personally. Objectively, though, it's expensive. Overall, this comes with my emphatic recommendation, begging you to love it too. 28/2.5g, available at most UK department stores.

I love this blush....beautiful color and looks amazing on my skin. I am super fair and can't pull off a lot of blushes but Inspiration looks natural on me. I find it doesn't last me all day if I wear this blush alone over foundation...but I have combination skin so this may be longer-wearing on those with normal or drier skin types. I've found the same with NARS cream blushes. But if I layer a little powder blush over this product I find it lasts all day. Definitly recommend!

I have this in 65 Affinite and it is the best blush I have ever used.

Pros:
- VERY natural, most people can't even tell I am wearing blush
- leaves a wonderful dewy glow
- hidrating from the moment you put it on, until you remove your makeup
- very nice packaging (as all Chanel products tend to have)

Cons(for this price):
- very small (2,5 g)
- no brush

I will repurchase!

on 8/20/2014 7:37:00 AM

colour, formula, packaging... everthing is perfect. this blush is my all time favourite. I love it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this is my first and only cream blush for now, totally happy with it. it is a bit more like mousse quality, goes on skin very easily,can blend really well. on the skin it looks more fresh pink, not as coral as in the pot.it is a Matt finish, for my combination skin is great, but I do still prefer to set it with transparent powder,especially for summer time. the package is cute, looks like Chanel compred powder package in mini version, come with a velvet cover as well, quite luxurious, nice feeling when you having make up and reach out for something so cute.

on 2/12/2014 9:00:00 AM

Pricey but worth it! I love this cream-to-power blush that blends easily and stays put all day. This soft rose shade is so beautiful and imparts lovely yet natural rosey cheeks.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This Chanel cream blush was my very first cream blush... it is very velvety and smooth to the touch. The color is not the super super light color you see in some pics on Google... its actually a dusky medium pink color in the pan... The same exact shade pictured above. it comes off very girly pink on my cheeks (i'm an NC25 btw).. I needed something to replace my powder blush by Mac (Pet Me from the 2010 collection) that was a nice dusky pink and this totally fits it!! Chanel products are top quality and unlike Mac, they lasted all day on me without needing to go back and reapplying so I'm sure this will last me a while.

on 11/11/2013 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This color is such a wonderfully soft and dainty pink. The texture glides on skin and can be smoothed out to create subtle effects. The blush looks very angelic. It dries to a powder finish, but not too powdery. You can still sense that there's some moisture on the cheeks. It lasts forever too as this blush is very pigmented. I recently took this on a road trip where I did not have the luxury of refreshing my make up every 6 hours, and it lasted from morning into the night!,

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I have been using and loving my Chanel "Pink Explosion" for almost two years. I also use a Lancome cream blush in "Petticoat Pink" which looks fantastic when I get it right...scarlet feverish on the days I overdo. I wanted a slap it on and go blush, and read volumes on the new Chanel cream blushes. Upon receiving my order, I was amazed at how tiny the container actually is. All of the other reviews are spot on there. The color is exactly what I wanted. I am fair, but not deathly pale and Inspiration is such a perfect color for me. I have used my fingers and my elf small powder brush, both with great results. I wear Vitalumiere Aqua as my foundation and I end up with a gentle flush of color. I went on a walk with my husband yesterday and noticed him looking at me. He told me I looked really pretty...I am sure it was the combo of my Chanel foundation and blush. Nothing powdery or cakey to accentuate lines and pores. Very, very natural. I didn't notice anything strange or groundbreaking as far as texture goes as I don't notice a powdery finish. It is simply non-tacky. I had a NYX cream blush once that just never dried and smeared alllllll over my face. This, as well as my Lancome blush are drier creams which settle quickly so there is no smearing. Will definitely repurchase!! I did notice the testers at the counters are open, dried and cracked...it was hard to get a swatch without actually scratching the surface. I'm wondering if the small size of the creme de Chanel blushes is to make sure you actually use it up before it dries out. Curious to see how long mine lasts me. I have no desire to use any of my other blushes since receiving this one!
UPDATE: I do still love this, but less than three months in, my blush is close to gone! Still a pretty color, but at this price...I don't know that this will remain a consistant staple.