Smashbox Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation SPF 15

Smashbox Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation SPF 15
Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation SPF 15

3.3

Water\Aqua\Eau, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polysilicone-11, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Dimethicone Silylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Alumina, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, C12-16 Alcohols, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499)]

on 2/21/2017 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I used this foundation until recently. I bought it when Beauty.com had its closing down sale. I got this at about 50% of the original price or less. I got it in shade 9 which was far too dark for my complexion. I started mixing it with Laura Gellar's BB cream which had some shimmer and grey undertones I didn't care for. Then I started mixing this with UD's one & done in medium which was perfect.

In mixing this foundation with others, one thing was consistent, the texture. It was light but not watery. the foundation glides on the skin with an almost gel-like consistency. The foundation was sheer and buildable. I loved that. I am not a fan of heavy coverage so I enjoyed that my skin showed through. My skin was left somewhat moist which was supposed to be dewy. I couldn't get away using this without powder but I didn't notice any excessive greasiness throughout the day. The foundation never really transferred or settled into lines on my face. My skin actually looked fresher, younger, smoother and healthier when I wore this foundation. I didn't see any weird oxidizing as well.

The packaging is nice looking a pretty heavy. My bottle fell off my dresser and broke :(
Sigh... It was nice while it lasted. I just could imagine how much more I would have loved this in my correct shade.

Actually I like this foundation's consistency. It is lightweight and looking very natural but It has very light coverage and if you try to build this foundation nothing changes. I have an acne prone skin. It didn't cause me breakouts but the shades are very limited. I have a fair skin with cool undertoned. I am using the no:1. It seems like I am wearing a masque on my skin. Too yellow for me. By now I wore this only twice and I had to bring it down to my neck. It still looked weird so I will never gonna use it again...

on 4/2/2016 1:01:00 PM

Tried many drugstore and high end. I prefer a natural "your skin looks great" look vs a "love your makeup" look. Very natural look while giving a finished look over my combination skin. I have large inherited pores in my T-zone and this does not amplify nor clog. I do use a primer over the trouble spots. It looks so good my Sister hoped it would match her very dissimilar skin tone and texture.

The only Con I have found is the rank of 1-5 on shades without relation to skin tone. My Sister's fair pink based skin did not look good with this even though the makeup artist at Ulta thought it looked good. It didn't. I am yellow based and the number 3 works for me. It looked like a mask on pink based skin. The 2 did not blend well either.

on 1/9/2016 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have had horrible acne for years. Now that it's semi under control, I decided to try a new foundation. This is my first foundation that is not full coverage and so far I absolutely love it! It has a really natural finish on me and doesn't cling to my dry areas or emphasize my pores. I use the 24-Hour Concealer before applying this and end up with a flawless face. Definitely happy with this purchase!

on 12/29/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Ok, I usually like Smashbox products, but this foundation is just ok for me..it don't like the texture, and the finish is flat, and doesn't seem to unify my skin, rather it sits on top of it..I think it might contain silicons, which gives it a slippery feel..then color wise, the lightest shade is not so light, so for me Halo is a bit of a fail...might work for younger more combination skins, for my more mature dry skin, it just doesn't beautify my skin..

on 11/23/2015 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really liked this product because I found the foundation to be quite moisturizing.
No dry patching issue.

It is a sheer coverage that's somewhat buildable? I remember it looking thicker by the minute the more I put it on though. It doesn't hide anything cuz... I had acne :(

Perfect skin match. I was a 4.
I matched today at MAC as an NC25.

If I need to go back to a foundation. I might buy this because it performs. I gave this to a friend cuz hello air cushion foundation. You are oh so moisturizing and 17 bucks per cake. Plus coverage was better.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Ummmm it's NOT a foundation if you ask me; more like a TM. I went with this foundation because it matches my skin to the T (I'm MAC NC45). After trying NARS all day luminous (ashy) MUF HD (transfer and greasy) LancĂ´me (to red) BB (to yellow) ughhhh! I'm just want a perfect match, luminous, oil free, medium coverage foundation! Is that too much to ask for? This foundation is great with MAC Prolong Concealer is great but I was expecting some coverage for $42.00... I had to use 5 squirts just to get it sheer like even out my skin tone. This foundation is going back to Sephora for refund for sure. If you have flawless skin then this is for you. Staying power is ok and it feels light on the face but it's just not for me.

If you have good skin with no acne marks or active acne this is perfect. Now someone like me I have milia that does go away and I tend to pick so I have dark spots everywhere then this isn't for me. The texture is beautiful and it really does blur out minor imperfections. On me this gets really oily on the tzone and breaks up fast on my skin if I don't prep correctly and if I don't put a good amount of powder on this won't last more than 6hrs tops. Now if you prep and use a smashbox primer and let it absorb completely this goes on so much better and is build able to a medium coverage and its glowy perfect for "strobing" or simply highlighting techniques also with the right routine this can last long on the skin but on me it's a hit or miss and to be honest I can't wait to finish this foundation.

on 10/24/2015 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is great for someone who has sensitive, flawless skin or skin with small marks and wants a natural look.
I have a bit of acne an this doesnt make me break out however it has hardly any coverage at all. You may as well get nars tinted moisturiser,
Feels amazing on the skin though

I bought this straight from Smashbox and so far, I love it! I chose my foundation color by chatting with an online rep and they matched me perfectly. It covers well and feels light on my skin. A definite winner for me!