Joelle Mineral Cosmetics Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/18/2013 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this tinted moisturizer off of eBay for about $10. I ordered the shade Light. First off, this tinted moisturizer is NOT natural. It might be made with "organic" components (although I highly doubt it) but it is not natural. The ingredients are in microscopic print on a sticker on the back of the bottle, and some of the words are stuffed together and smudged, but I'll do my best.

Ingredients: Deionized water, hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, propylene glycol, stearic acid, cetyl alcohol, glycerin, sodium laurel sulfate, dimethicone, beeswax, panthenol (provitamin B5), allantoin, sodium PCA, aloe barbadensis gel, algin, matricaria (chamomilla recutita) extract, cucumber (cucumis sativa) extract, linden (tilia cordats) extract, balm mint (melissa officinalis) extract, clover (trifolium pratense) extract, carboner, triethaolamine, diazolidinyl urea , fragrance, mica.

This stuff is much darker than it should be. It's supposed to be the Light shade, but it's tan when it comes out of the bottle and there are streaks of dark red/brown throughout the product in the bottle, because, you know, it wasn't dark enough already for the lightest shade. It's gloopy and has lumps in it and the streaks of dark red/brown come out with the product and become bigger streaks of color when you try to blend it. I shook it very well before applying both times I tried it, it just doesn't seem to blend well at all. When I rubbed it in more (because it never blends, it just sits on top of your skin), it became almost clear and was slimy and oily looking. Not natural looking at all. It's nothing like a TM, it's pretty much just lightly colored oil. It offered very little tint, which was tan, and no coverage since it's like oil. It's also heavily scented. It's not an unpleasant scent to me, but I really don't like for my makeup to be scented.

I don't know what this lumpy, gloopy, oily concoction is, but it's certainly not like any tinted moisturizer I have ever seen. I'm returning it immediately and getting a full refund.

Top Rated Tinted Moisturizer