Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder

Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder
One Heck of a Blot PowderSoap & Glory One Heck of Blot Face PowderOne Heck of a Blot PowderOne Heck of a Blot PowderOne Heck of a Blot Powder

4.4

Talc, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mica, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium Carbonate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methicone, Tribehenin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines)

on 6/11/2017 5:55:00 PM

It's ok. It didn't control my shine at all really. I want something with a lot more coverage. It didn't break me out, but it didn't really do much except make my foundation look decent for about 15 minutes.

on 6/3/2017 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this powder so much, but I just don't...it doesn't compare to my beloved Rimmel StayMatte powder at all. It also comes in only one shade (what is up with that, S&G? Come join the 21st century...) and that shade is not a good match for my neutral/cool skin -- it leaned yellow/gray on me. No bueno. This powder also clung to a pesky dry patch on my chin, which Rimmel never does. I'll try to find a way to use up the compact because it wasn't cheap ($14 at Target), but I definitely wouldn't repurchase.

on 2/17/2017 6:39:00 PM

Love this powder!!!!!!! My search for the perfect finishing/blotting powder is over. I have used/tried many powders over the years; Rimmel Stay Matte, Mac Blot, Revlon, Nars, and Laura Mercier, among others. This powder makes my skin look almost flawless, and I haven't had any issues with caking. Best of all, Soap & Glory doesn't test on animals!

on 10/27/2016 1:25:00 PM

Hi Guys,

I bought this powder thinking it was the one that everyone raves about online...oh what a shame and BIG disappointment. It is NOT translucent at all. It leaves a white cast and looks very cakey; even if you just use a little. I feel it sinks into your fine lines rather than blur out your imperfections. I've tried using different types of brushes and even a sponge but each time, my make-up just looked horrid. I can't even say if it blocks out shine as the white cast makes me look like a ghost and therefore I just end up washing my face. I bought it for £12 from Boots. Wish I had tried a sample or something first as now the only place for the powder is the flippin' bin! Grrrr! If anyone knows of a 'good' powder, please do let me know.

Would I buy again...NO!
Would I recommend...NO

on 10/18/2016 1:00:00 PM

I switched from my beloved Mac studio careblend to this as its so good, it doesn't dry out my skin, looks natural and best of all it stops my foundation from separating. Best powder ive used, holy grail.

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I absolutely ADORE this power and the primer in the same range. I had problems with foundations separating on my oily nose for years, and the 'one heck of a blot' powder and primer combo seems to do the trick perfectly.

It's honestly as good as products I've used that cost three times as much- Fabulous value for money. Soap and glory, you guys are killing it!

on 8/9/2016 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this product ! I have an oily skin and it helps my skin stay matt. Everyday I just use primer, bb cream, conclear and this powder so my face seems so bright and not oily anymore in about 4 or 5 hours
I will repurchase it, it's not white, it's bright

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this a few months ago and already hit pan on it. I have many setting powders and loose powders but recently this has been my favorite. Keeps me matte for at least four hours, which means a lot bc I am the type that gets oily less than an hr without powder. Esp in the sweaty, humid, hot nyc weather

Will repurchase this and would def recommend to friends.
Oily gals out there, you're in luck!

on 11/2/2015 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is now the only powder I use! I use it daily to set my makeup and for touching up during the day. I don't think any product will keep my nose and forehead shine-free all day but this definitely helps.
This is a translucent powder so doesn't add any extra/unwanted colour to my face and NEVER looks cakey even when I reapply. The effect is natural/matte and blends well over matte or dewy foundations. I usually use a soft, fluffy powder brush to dab it over my nose and forehead and then lightly sweep over the rest of my face in circular motions.
The packaging is simple but sturdy enough to be carried around in your handbag all day. I like that there's a mirror included in the lid.
Can't argue with the price and it is usually on some sort of offer at Boots. I have already re-purchased this about three or four times and will probably do so again!

I love Soap & Glory, and I still remember how I rushed to purchase this as soon as they launched their makeup range. I've always suffered from an oily nose, and as someone who wears spectacles, the struggle is real. =p Once the nose oils up, my glasses start to slide, so do the makeup.

And this, my fellow MUA friends, is the best blotting powder I've used. It doesn't keep the oil away all day, but the finely milled powder just attaches itself to my nose and helps keep the oil production factory under control for at least 6 hours – more than half the work day, making me very, very happy.

I usually only powder my T-zone, using an eyeshadow blender brush to apply One Heck of a Blot all over the nose, including those corners (they are oil slicks) and this doesn't cake, doesn't make me look like I've got too much powder on (thank goodness it's a translucent powder) and just works so well.

I rarely hit pan on powders, and I'm happy to report this is one of them. It's definitely one for those who live in hot, humid countries and if you suffer from oily skin.