Urban Decay B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray

Urban Decay B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua, Alcohol Denat, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Phenoxyethanol, Propanediol, Xylitol Phosphate Esters, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Menthyl Ethylamido Oxalate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Xylitol, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Pyridoxine Cyclic Phosphate, Panthenol, Silica, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Fructan, Sodium Hydroxide, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Coconut Acid.

on 7/24/2017 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Alcohol is the second ingredient listed. Alcohol can lead to an increase in breakouts and oil production, as well as disrupt the skin's protective barrier. I will not purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Without this product, I won't he able to wear make up. I'm oily, with large pores, sensitive & I live in Nigeria where it is very hot. I react to every thing on my face. This calms my face, stops foundation&powder from itching & after washing off my makeup, my skin is clear & fresh
I can't do without this product if I need to wear make up

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Bought the Travel size of this to give it a try, not impressed. Didn't do anything noticeable. It actually made my face look dry not dewy. This is not a repurchase.
Two new primer/moisturizing sprays were just released and I have ordered them. Hopefully they will live up to their claims.

Let me just say I love urban decay and I love their all nighter setting spray. Before I begin my review, let me give you a background of my skin. I have oily/combination skin and about a month ago I got a small patch of eczema on my top lip which recently disappeared. I was given this spray by a friend for my birthday and I was very excited. On first use I liked how it made my makeup look (used it on bare skin with and didn't use primer) and how it made my skin feel. I continued to use it for about 2 weeks and then my opinions completely changed. My eczema came back up, only this time about 10 times worse and in two different places, my fore head and my cheek. My skin became INCREDIBLY dry which never happens since I have oily skin. I broke out horrendously (I rarely get one spot usually) on my forehead, my nose and my chin. I stopped using the spray and it calmed down, I'm still trying to sort it out now and it's better but it's still pretty awful. I don't recommend this AT ALL to anyone with sensitive skin, let alone anyone else. It's not worth your money, the MAC prep spray would be much better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've now used three of UD's facial sprays - All Nighter, De-Slick and this one - and not one of them has performed in the way they promise.

According to the claims on the bottle this is a scientifically advanced formula which contains the first patented, stabilised form of topical vitamin B6 which absorbs oil, minimises pores and reduces redness. According to UD's blurb, vitamin B6 helps to normalise overactive proteins to help control oil production, whilst vitamin E provides antioxidants. The other significant ingredient, willow bark (rich in natural salicylic acid - the stuff that helps with pesky breakouts) aids cell turnover, and is great for breakout-prone skin! So far, so good.

The only problem is... I didn't notice this making one tiny little bit of difference to my skin at all! Did it help to minimise pores? No. Did it help to reduce redness? No - I have a particularly noticeable red patch on my right cheek and was really hoping this would help to calm it down, but it literally did nothing. Did it help with breakouts? No! In fact all it did do was make my skin feel dry, tight and uncomfortable. And it smelt like stagnant pond water too!

I don't know who the UD facial sprays are aimed at, but I'm starting to think it's not someone like me (oily/combination, super sensitive skin). For the price - £23.00 - and performance, I certainly can't justify a repurchase, but given the complete lack of change in my skin I wouldn't buy it again anyway. Hugely disappointing.

on 6/1/2016 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm confused by the positive reviews. I sprayed it on my face (admittedly after makeup) and it made my whole face very, very shiny. It looks like I have oil all over my face, and my skin is very dry so it's not like that normally! It looks absolutely terrible, I do not recommend at all.

However, I'll use it in a few different ways and report back

EDIT: used it in many different ways, on different days - nothing changed. Doesn't do anything for pores, redness, or oiliness. Leaves a strong shine to my face. Disappointing! Do not recommend.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this in a binge, my skin is generally combo but has been getting dryer and more red with age.

I liked the way it felt on my skin when the MUA used it at the counter, so I bought it. This combined with the Naked Skin foundation, then the Setting Spray ensures my make up really lasts, and lasts well.

Having said all that, I'm not really sure it delivers anything on top of my usual regime so I probably wouldn't rebuy. No complaints, just seems an expensive and not wholly necessary step.

im in love with this. does everything it says it will. yes yes yes.

This stuff definitely doesn't do what it says it's going to do. It has SOME benefits but overall, I find this drying and somewhat uncomfortable. I have combo skin with some visible pores on t zone so I figured this stuff would be perfect for when I don't want a full primer. This is NOT a primer despite it being sort of marketed as one. When I sprayed it on, all I could feel was the very drying alcohol. It's the second ingredient and honestly, it feels like it's the MAIN ingredient. It made my skin feel tight and I will admit it did give me a dewy complexion, the tightness was uncomfortable. I still feel a bit dry and it's been two hours since I sprayed it. I have a feeling if I put foundation on over it, I'd be flaky. Urban Decay has so many unbelievable products and this is a real downer for their line. It doesn't live up to the expectations we all have for UB and it desperately needs to be reformulated. It has some potential and promise but the alcohol content has GOT to go, especially now that there is other primer waters on the market. I returned this to Sephora and I will not repurchase. Stick with Flx Plus from MAC or even Smashbox Primer Water. Urban Decay, please FIX this product and make it worthy of your brand!

on 10/24/2015 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I bought the travel size of the UD Vitamin-Infused Spray with intention of using it as a primer, but I absolutely love it as a setting spray! After finishing my makeup, I spritz it all over 2-3 times to help my translucent powder set in and it leaves my skin looking and feeling hydrated.

I'm not sure if the full size is the same, but the travel size came with a small plastic cap as well as a larger outside cap - not sure what the point of two caps were so I just threw the smaller one away.

The price is a bit up there (I believe full size is $33), but it gives me such a fresh finish that I'd have to buy it again!