Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub
True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

3.8

on 2/17/2010 11:05:00 AM

Iíve always been a huge fan of facial scrubs, but never thought much of exfoliating my body. After all Iím very conscientious about always moisturizing my legs and arms Ė isnít that enough? Anyway, I bought this product and left it untouched for several months Ė not thinking much of it. My skin is what can be described as medium-dry and sure, if I repeatedly rub, say, my damp ankles, after a shower, its dead skins galore (sexy, I know!).
So I finally lost my body scrub virginity and this stuff was totally worth it! I typically use a tiny poof and squeeze out a quarter-size amount of product (Iím pretty conservative/cheap with my product dispensing though . . . I hate excess product and I hate always having to refill, hah!) and moisten my poof and it is scrub and sudsy enough for my entire body.
The little scrubby particles are definitely hardcore, theyíre a little bit abrasive (if I wasnít lazy I would go read the ingredient list, but I am lazy!) and I suppose people with sensitive skin might cringe a little. Thankfully the trials and tribulations of life (sigh!) have thickened my outer skin layer so itís a rather nice deep-cleaning sensation when I vigorously scrub myself. The scrubby particles do end up dissolving after all and the product imparts a nice clean subtle scent.
I can attest to the fact that my skin does feel mildly smoother and softer after utilizing this product, but it is like OMGWTFBBQ?! No not really.
You do get a great deal of product for $20, but Iím not so sure it would be justified for me to purchase this again. Iím positive I can whip up some homemade equivalent for far less. But hey, if I ever receive a B&BW gift card, I would probably pick this up before any of their other products.

i do like the product because it makes my ultra dry skin soft and refreshed though the beads can be a little hurting because there are lemon, lime, and orange extracts in the product but the end result is worth it also the smell is a bit nasty but it goes away so there aren't too many problems there but a suggesting to apply the product is not to put it directly onto damp skin but to put it into a washcloth or a loofah to help soften up the beads in the scrub a little tidbit that's irritating is that it says the orange fruit extract is to soothes the skin last time i checked rubbing any citrus into cuts hurts so if you have a skin disorder like eczema or even sensitive skin stay clear or wait for another day for when your skin is clear or stong enough
for me i dont think i'll be buying this agian only because i know there are better scrubs out there and this one was nothing special

on 10/14/2008 12:13:00 PM

I absolutely love this scrub. The granules are the perfect size and I LOVE the smell. The bottle is huge so I will have it for a long time, but I will definitely repurchase this.

on 4/3/2008 10:48:00 PM

I am an exfoliating queen. I have tried a bunch of scrubs, and I haven't come across something that is similar to this yet. It has a clean soap smell. Guys can even use this one and not worry about smelling all girlie (lol). It has shea butter beads that exfoliate as well as moisturize. I found that it takes a little more than a quater size amount to get a good foam out of it. The packaging is simple enough. Just flip the top and squeeze it out. One thing that I didn't care for is that it's hard to wash all of those little beads off my body and my washcloth. Other than that, this is a product that I have bought more than once. As far as price is concerned, there is a travel size that you can get for under $6 to try first, so that you won't be out of $20 if you don't like it.

This was nice and scrubby and had a clean scent. The only complaint I have is the bottle. It is near impossible to squeeze the product out, you have to have a steel grip to use it.

This is a nice & effective exfoliator that leaves skin lovely & smooth. It has an interesting fragrance - more like a fresh men's/unisex deodorant bar soap. I would've preferred something that smelled, I don't know, like fresh shampoo rather than this,if that makes sense. I like this & would purchase again but it's not HG-calibre.

on 7/26/2007 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really do love this stuff, but I hate the smell. The formula is great and makes my skin so smooth and soft, but the fragrance really bothers me. I do add oils to it and that helps a little. I also thought about mixing it with a little bit of shower gel. It's just way too chemical smelling for me! It is nice to find an effective scrub that's not salt based though.

on 5/9/2007 10:15:00 PM

Really nice scrub from B&BW. Gives lots of moisture to your skin, not overly scratchey, good scent, and isn't oily.

on 2/18/2007 8:03:00 PM

I love this stuff. I love the smell too. I wish I could find a perfume that smells like this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

ima keep it simole. luv it.