Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub
True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

4.5

on 2/17/2010 11:05:00 AM

Iíve always been a huge fan of facial scrubs, but never thought much of exfoliating my body. After all Iím very conscientious about always moisturizing my legs and arms Ė isnít that enough? Anyway, I bought this product and left it untouched for several months Ė not thinking much of it. My skin is what can be described as medium-dry and sure, if I repeatedly rub, say, my damp ankles, after a shower, its dead skins galore (sexy, I know!).
So I finally lost my body scrub virginity and this stuff was totally worth it! I typically use a tiny poof and squeeze out a quarter-size amount of product (Iím pretty conservative/cheap with my product dispensing though . . . I hate excess product and I hate always having to refill, hah!) and moisten my poof and it is scrub and sudsy enough for my entire body.
The little scrubby particles are definitely hardcore, theyíre a little bit abrasive (if I wasnít lazy I would go read the ingredient list, but I am lazy!) and I suppose people with sensitive skin might cringe a little. Thankfully the trials and tribulations of life (sigh!) have thickened my outer skin layer so itís a rather nice deep-cleaning sensation when I vigorously scrub myself. The scrubby particles do end up dissolving after all and the product imparts a nice clean subtle scent.
I can attest to the fact that my skin does feel mildly smoother and softer after utilizing this product, but it is like OMGWTFBBQ?! No not really.
You do get a great deal of product for $20, but Iím not so sure it would be justified for me to purchase this again. Iím positive I can whip up some homemade equivalent for far less. But hey, if I ever receive a B&BW gift card, I would probably pick this up before any of their other products.

on 4/3/2008 10:48:00 PM

I am an exfoliating queen. I have tried a bunch of scrubs, and I haven't come across something that is similar to this yet. It has a clean soap smell. Guys can even use this one and not worry about smelling all girlie (lol). It has shea butter beads that exfoliate as well as moisturize. I found that it takes a little more than a quater size amount to get a good foam out of it. The packaging is simple enough. Just flip the top and squeeze it out. One thing that I didn't care for is that it's hard to wash all of those little beads off my body and my washcloth. Other than that, this is a product that I have bought more than once. As far as price is concerned, there is a travel size that you can get for under $6 to try first, so that you won't be out of $20 if you don't like it.