Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

Filtered by hair type : Other
Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub
True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

on 2/17/2010 11:05:00 AM

Iíve always been a huge fan of facial scrubs, but never thought much of exfoliating my body. After all Iím very conscientious about always moisturizing my legs and arms Ė isnít that enough? Anyway, I bought this product and left it untouched for several months Ė not thinking much of it. My skin is what can be described as medium-dry and sure, if I repeatedly rub, say, my damp ankles, after a shower, its dead skins galore (sexy, I know!).
So I finally lost my body scrub virginity and this stuff was totally worth it! I typically use a tiny poof and squeeze out a quarter-size amount of product (Iím pretty conservative/cheap with my product dispensing though . . . I hate excess product and I hate always having to refill, hah!) and moisten my poof and it is scrub and sudsy enough for my entire body.
The little scrubby particles are definitely hardcore, theyíre a little bit abrasive (if I wasnít lazy I would go read the ingredient list, but I am lazy!) and I suppose people with sensitive skin might cringe a little. Thankfully the trials and tribulations of life (sigh!) have thickened my outer skin layer so itís a rather nice deep-cleaning sensation when I vigorously scrub myself. The scrubby particles do end up dissolving after all and the product imparts a nice clean subtle scent.
I can attest to the fact that my skin does feel mildly smoother and softer after utilizing this product, but it is like OMGWTFBBQ?! No not really.
You do get a great deal of product for $20, but Iím not so sure it would be justified for me to purchase this again. Iím positive I can whip up some homemade equivalent for far less. But hey, if I ever receive a B&BW gift card, I would probably pick this up before any of their other products.

on 10/14/2008 12:13:00 PM

I absolutely love this scrub. The granules are the perfect size and I LOVE the smell. The bottle is huge so I will have it for a long time, but I will definitely repurchase this.

on 1/9/2008 10:43:00 AM

I did actually repurchase this product once but getting the damn stuff out of the bottle was just too hard and it wasn't moisturising enough or quite scrubby enough. And, although I didn't hate the smell, it's not exactly pampering. It does smell like washing up liquid. All in all, there are worse scrubs out there. But there are also better ones.

This was nice and scrubby and had a clean scent. The only complaint I have is the bottle. It is near impossible to squeeze the product out, you have to have a steel grip to use it.

on 8/27/2004 5:24:00 PM

I love this foaming scrub! Very gentle but it gets the job done. Perfect for pre-self tan exfoliation. It works great as a shave cream for your legs. My favorite use is washing my hands after applying tinted self tanner. No more tanned palms! Nice smell, nice price for the large bottle. All around winner!!

on 2/8/2003 9:54:00 PM

This product is sort of "blah" for me in its use. Has some scrub (feels like salt grains) within a blue to clear gel - so overall makes an ok scrub, though not as intense as some of the gritty ones I like (Clinique Sparkling Skin) and this scrub does not have any oily feel or residue. But the smell - uggh - it gave me a KILLER headache. To me, I've decided it smells like fabric softener - A smell I loathe anyway. Didn't even finish the bottle.

on 11/4/2002 12:04:00 AM

These new products work so well but they are so expensive! At any rate, I really like this. It leaves my skin so soft and smooth and feeling great!