Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

3.9

on 4/3/2012 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had been waiting to try a scrub. So I researched & decided this scrub would be good to try. I used it once & it became HG for me. I haven't tried any other body scrubs. I cannot think of a single thing I would change about this product.
The bottle is very easy to use, I was relieved to see that & not one of those little tub thingys. It's also a great package because as other reviewers noted, you do not need a lot (I just use on my legs). The scrubby beads are exactly the right level of roughness for me. Plus there's shea butter in it. Heavenly. The price is high but this will last me @least 6 or 7 months.

i do like the product because it makes my ultra dry skin soft and refreshed though the beads can be a little hurting because there are lemon, lime, and orange extracts in the product but the end result is worth it also the smell is a bit nasty but it goes away so there aren't too many problems there but a suggesting to apply the product is not to put it directly onto damp skin but to put it into a washcloth or a loofah to help soften up the beads in the scrub a little tidbit that's irritating is that it says the orange fruit extract is to soothes the skin last time i checked rubbing any citrus into cuts hurts so if you have a skin disorder like eczema or even sensitive skin stay clear or wait for another day for when your skin is clear or stong enough
for me i dont think i'll be buying this agian only because i know there are better scrubs out there and this one was nothing special

on 1/9/2008 10:43:00 AM

I did actually repurchase this product once but getting the damn stuff out of the bottle was just too hard and it wasn't moisturising enough or quite scrubby enough. And, although I didn't hate the smell, it's not exactly pampering. It does smell like washing up liquid. All in all, there are worse scrubs out there. But there are also better ones.

on 7/7/2007 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I feel bad hating this scrub too (as one reviewer already mentioned), but I don't like anything about it. I usually like the True Blue Spa line - this may be the first product I don't like. I didn't find it to be a good exfoliator for my really dry skin & the smell was nasty. It might be an ok shower gel if it didn't smell like furniture polish, but it needs to be more grainy to be a good exfoliator imo. On the plus side, it didn't dry my skin out at all, so it does have that going for it. Luckily I only purchased the travel size when they were all 2/$5, so I'm not really out much.

This scrub smells so good and it's not super gritty. It also makes my skin feel smooth.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My ulitmate body scrub. I can't handle the oily, greasy body scrubs that leave a sort of "film" on your body and turns not slipping in the shower into an art form. This stuff isn't like that, and that's why I love it. It's a cleansing scrub, meaning it does the job of a cleanser and an exfolliant. Brilliant! What a time saver! I like the fact it's bottled instead of in a tub, that way it isn't as messy and won't tip and spill everywhere and in the worst cases, shatter in the shower. The smell is somewhat herbal, but you get used to it and look forward to the clean feeling it gives you, unlike a sugarish, foody smell. It's fairly abrehsive, but I like that. Much better than Lancome's gommage, which doesn't even feel like it's scrubbing. And a much, much vetter value. Still, $20 bucks is $20 bucks, but the bottle should last a couple of months. The effect? It removed all the little rough bumps I had on the upper part of my arm and keeps the areas I shave from getting ingrown hairs, not to mention baby soft skin that I am complimented on all the time. Will repurchase over and over.

Another great scrub for more frequent users (gentle scrubbies). Love the scent, which isn't overpowering. As with most of BBW's "specialty" lines, this is more expensive then I'd like, but reasonable.

on 8/27/2004 5:24:00 PM

I love this foaming scrub! Very gentle but it gets the job done. Perfect for pre-self tan exfoliation. It works great as a shave cream for your legs. My favorite use is washing my hands after applying tinted self tanner. No more tanned palms! Nice smell, nice price for the large bottle. All around winner!!

on 6/17/2004 6:41:00 PM

It's an okay scrub. I do like the fact that it suds up. However, the smells is horrendous. Each time I used it, a wave of nausea surged throughout my body. It's decent if you can stand the smell.

on 11/8/2003 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've recently become obsessed with bath products! I just started taking bath a lot (instead of my usual showers) and I'm hooked on all these wonderful products for when you're in the tub! I've been hunting through BBW lately because I received a lot of holiday coupons from them so I was excited to go ahead and try this. Yes, it is a bit pricey but it comes in a huge blue bottle so this will last you a long time.

It does a great job of exfoliating and cleansing my skin without stripping it. Most scrubs tend to hurt and feel harsh against my skin but I really like this one. It also has a nice fresh scent that I really like. I use this before I soak in the tub or evev in the shower. It's really great and I know I'll be purchasing this again if I ever manage to use up the massive bottle! :o)