Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

4.4

on 7/26/2007 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really do love this stuff, but I hate the smell. The formula is great and makes my skin so smooth and soft, but the fragrance really bothers me. I do add oils to it and that helps a little. I also thought about mixing it with a little bit of shower gel. It's just way too chemical smelling for me! It is nice to find an effective scrub that's not salt based though.

I love everything about this scrub except the scent. It does a great job of scrubbing. It lathers up and is good and "scrubby". My skin is softer and smoother after using it. The consistency is perfect. Not too oily. However the scent is very very masculine. Smells like a man's deoderant or something. Not really a bad smell, just not something I want to use on my entire body.

on 2/17/2010 11:05:00 AM

Iíve always been a huge fan of facial scrubs, but never thought much of exfoliating my body. After all Iím very conscientious about always moisturizing my legs and arms Ė isnít that enough? Anyway, I bought this product and left it untouched for several months Ė not thinking much of it. My skin is what can be described as medium-dry and sure, if I repeatedly rub, say, my damp ankles, after a shower, its dead skins galore (sexy, I know!).
So I finally lost my body scrub virginity and this stuff was totally worth it! I typically use a tiny poof and squeeze out a quarter-size amount of product (Iím pretty conservative/cheap with my product dispensing though . . . I hate excess product and I hate always having to refill, hah!) and moisten my poof and it is scrub and sudsy enough for my entire body.
The little scrubby particles are definitely hardcore, theyíre a little bit abrasive (if I wasnít lazy I would go read the ingredient list, but I am lazy!) and I suppose people with sensitive skin might cringe a little. Thankfully the trials and tribulations of life (sigh!) have thickened my outer skin layer so itís a rather nice deep-cleaning sensation when I vigorously scrub myself. The scrubby particles do end up dissolving after all and the product imparts a nice clean subtle scent.
I can attest to the fact that my skin does feel mildly smoother and softer after utilizing this product, but it is like OMGWTFBBQ?! No not really.
You do get a great deal of product for $20, but Iím not so sure it would be justified for me to purchase this again. Iím positive I can whip up some homemade equivalent for far less. But hey, if I ever receive a B&BW gift card, I would probably pick this up before any of their other products.

This was nice and scrubby and had a clean scent. The only complaint I have is the bottle. It is near impossible to squeeze the product out, you have to have a steel grip to use it.

on 4/3/2008 10:48:00 PM

I am an exfoliating queen. I have tried a bunch of scrubs, and I haven't come across something that is similar to this yet. It has a clean soap smell. Guys can even use this one and not worry about smelling all girlie (lol). It has shea butter beads that exfoliate as well as moisturize. I found that it takes a little more than a quater size amount to get a good foam out of it. The packaging is simple enough. Just flip the top and squeeze it out. One thing that I didn't care for is that it's hard to wash all of those little beads off my body and my washcloth. Other than that, this is a product that I have bought more than once. As far as price is concerned, there is a travel size that you can get for under $6 to try first, so that you won't be out of $20 if you don't like it.

I like this scrub. It smells nice and clean and exfoliates very well. I do wish that it came in a big tube it would make it easier to get out. The bottle you almost have to set upside down or shake it real hard to get it to come out as it starts to get low. I will continue to buy this.

on 6/21/2005 11:44:00 PM

I love this scrub and for almost 2 years - I will not use anything else. Fresh, clean smell - not too "girly" and doesn't interfere with perfume or body splash and it leaves my skin incredibly clean and soft, no matter if it is winter (the only time I have dry skin) or summer (high humidity=oily skin for me). I have just started trying self tanner (Jergens Natural Glow Medium for the first time tonight) and I'm interested to see how well it does for exfoliating pre-application. $20 for a bottle may seem like alot - but you really don't have to use alot each time, lasts me quite a while (6-8 months of daily, sometimes twice daily use).

This is a great product! It feels great and isn't to gritty. The scent is so yummy! I only got a small bottle in a Valentine's Day gift set and i'm still using it. I'll be going back for the regular size bottle.

on 7/17/2004 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This scrub is wonderful! If you like scents that smell "clean", then this is for you! "Clean" is the only way I can describe the scent. My husband uses this too and loves it, and he usually never uses my bath products because most of them smell too "girly". The scrub washes off easily and it makes my skin really soft! Another great product from BBW True Blue line!

on 2/15/2003 1:12:00 AM

I like this scrub, in fact, I like the entire line.