Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub
True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

4.1

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This was not a good scrub. There aren't enough grainy particles to do an effective exfoliation, and the consistency is too thick and greasy. Leaves a residue, and couldn't possibly be an effective cleanser, though it says it's a "cleaning scrub" right on the bottle. And the smell - my god the smell! Terrible! Would never buy this again.

on 8/28/2003 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm glad that I just bought the trial size, because I hated this. I agree with the person who said that it smells like fabric softener. It's a very cheap and synthetic scent. The scrub is a little rough, and I didn't notice much sudsing. Most drugstore-brand scrubs are better.

on 7/7/2007 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I feel bad hating this scrub too (as one reviewer already mentioned), but I don't like anything about it. I usually like the True Blue Spa line - this may be the first product I don't like. I didn't find it to be a good exfoliator for my really dry skin & the smell was nasty. It might be an ok shower gel if it didn't smell like furniture polish, but it needs to be more grainy to be a good exfoliator imo. On the plus side, it didn't dry my skin out at all, so it does have that going for it. Luckily I only purchased the travel size when they were all 2/$5, so I'm not really out much.

on 4/23/2006 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I will begin my review stating that I will not be buying a full-size tube of this (I received a mini size as part of a gift). Pluses: I liked how it lightly foams and cleanses the skin, while it exfoliates effectively, yet not harshly. It also rinses clean. Minuses: I don't like the scent--very ocean/clean/detergent smelling--it's strong and lingers on the skin. I also find it doesn't leave my skin all that moisturized/balanced and my skin isn't dry to begin with. continued >>

on 8/5/2005 12:06:00 PM

I felt guilty for hating this product (while everyone else seems to love it!), so I didn't give it as harsh a rating as I wanted to. My problem with it was primarily with the smell. Now I will readily admit that I'm a scent girl, and I love clean, sweet scents. This, to me, smells very strongly of a cheap bar soap -- like some no name deodorant soap you'd find in a gas station bathroom. I was so taken aback by the smell that I didn't really notice the effects of the scrub itself. It was a bit too grainy for my taste; I prefer gentler scrubs. For a good scrub, I would recommend Clinique's Sparkle Skin (is that what it's called?) Body Exfoliator, which is gentle and leaves a nice clean scent.

on 6/17/2004 6:41:00 PM

It's an okay scrub. I do like the fact that it suds up. However, the smells is horrendous. Each time I used it, a wave of nausea surged throughout my body. It's decent if you can stand the smell.

on 6/9/2004 3:39:00 PM

I just don't like anything about this product. The "herbal" smell seemed more "cleaning producty" to me. I did not feel very soft or much smoother. Also, it is overpriced unless you catch a sale.

on 1/22/2004 9:35:00 AM

Although I think this is a good scrub as far as effectiveness goes, I really can't stand the smell. Showering with it doesn't give you that fulfilled, aromatherapy sort of feeling. If BBW could make this in one of their other fragrances, I'd be sold!

on 2/8/2003 9:54:00 PM

This product is sort of "blah" for me in its use. Has some scrub (feels like salt grains) within a blue to clear gel - so overall makes an ok scrub, though not as intense as some of the gritty ones I like (Clinique Sparkling Skin) and this scrub does not have any oily feel or residue. But the smell - uggh - it gave me a KILLER headache. To me, I've decided it smells like fabric softener - A smell I loathe anyway. Didn't even finish the bottle.

i do like the product because it makes my ultra dry skin soft and refreshed though the beads can be a little hurting because there are lemon, lime, and orange extracts in the product but the end result is worth it also the smell is a bit nasty but it goes away so there aren't too many problems there but a suggesting to apply the product is not to put it directly onto damp skin but to put it into a washcloth or a loofah to help soften up the beads in the scrub a little tidbit that's irritating is that it says the orange fruit extract is to soothes the skin last time i checked rubbing any citrus into cuts hurts so if you have a skin disorder like eczema or even sensitive skin stay clear or wait for another day for when your skin is clear or stong enough
for me i dont think i'll be buying this agian only because i know there are better scrubs out there and this one was nothing special