Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is maybe my favorite scrub because it works so well, and you don't need a lot of product to get the exfoliating job done! However, this is a bit spendy - a bottle of this is $20 - which is way more than I would usually spend on a body scrub. I did buy this during the B&BW SAS, so it was half-price. At $10, I was happy to snap this up. I had previously swapped for a half-full bottle of this, so I knew that I really liked it and that I would have this for a long time. This doesn't have a super distinct smell. It is kind of a clean spa-scent (if that makes sense!). The scrubbers in this are a little more coarse than in other scrubs I've tried in the past. However, because of this, you don't need much product. This is also cleansing while it scrubs (there are little suds that are created when using this). I'm a big fan. It is a lot to commit to - both in terms of product amount and price. If you like to try scrubs, and can get this during a sale, give it a try!

on 10/14/2008 12:13:00 PM

I absolutely love this scrub. The granules are the perfect size and I LOVE the smell. The bottle is huge so I will have it for a long time, but I will definitely repurchase this.

on 1/9/2008 10:43:00 AM

I did actually repurchase this product once but getting the damn stuff out of the bottle was just too hard and it wasn't moisturising enough or quite scrubby enough. And, although I didn't hate the smell, it's not exactly pampering. It does smell like washing up liquid. All in all, there are worse scrubs out there. But there are also better ones.

on 7/7/2007 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I feel bad hating this scrub too (as one reviewer already mentioned), but I don't like anything about it. I usually like the True Blue Spa line - this may be the first product I don't like. I didn't find it to be a good exfoliator for my really dry skin & the smell was nasty. It might be an ok shower gel if it didn't smell like furniture polish, but it needs to be more grainy to be a good exfoliator imo. On the plus side, it didn't dry my skin out at all, so it does have that going for it. Luckily I only purchased the travel size when they were all 2/$5, so I'm not really out much.

on 2/18/2007 8:03:00 PM

I love this stuff. I love the smell too. I wish I could find a perfume that smells like this.

on 4/23/2006 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I will begin my review stating that I will not be buying a full-size tube of this (I received a mini size as part of a gift). Pluses: I liked how it lightly foams and cleanses the skin, while it exfoliates effectively, yet not harshly. It also rinses clean. Minuses: I don't like the scent--very ocean/clean/detergent smelling--it's strong and lingers on the skin. I also find it doesn't leave my skin all that moisturized/balanced and my skin isn't dry to begin with. continued >>

on 8/5/2005 12:06:00 PM

I felt guilty for hating this product (while everyone else seems to love it!), so I didn't give it as harsh a rating as I wanted to. My problem with it was primarily with the smell. Now I will readily admit that I'm a scent girl, and I love clean, sweet scents. This, to me, smells very strongly of a cheap bar soap -- like some no name deodorant soap you'd find in a gas station bathroom. I was so taken aback by the smell that I didn't really notice the effects of the scrub itself. It was a bit too grainy for my taste; I prefer gentler scrubs. For a good scrub, I would recommend Clinique's Sparkle Skin (is that what it's called?) Body Exfoliator, which is gentle and leaves a nice clean scent.

on 6/23/2005 6:49:00 PM

Just got this the other day on a buy one get one free and I have to say I'm impressed! At first I wasn't too sure about the smell and when I lathered it on and scrubbed up I was almost sure that I hated it, but once I rinsed and toweled off, the smell softened to a nice fresh clean scent. As for the scrubby-ness, it seemed to really scrub well, not too abraisive but enough to exfoliate and the lather was an added bonus. I have to say I like the squeeze bottle packaging MUCH better that those scrubs that come in a jar and you have to scoop out (messy!) and I like the fact that it doesn't leave an oily residue in your shower or tub. I've used B&BW warm vanilla sugar scrub, and while I liked how the oil felt on my skin after toweling off, I hated the messy jar it came in and the way I had to watch that I didn't break my neck getting in the shower after using it due to the oil slick it created in there! So, overall, I really really like this product and they ONLY thing I can complain about is the price...$20.00, alittle more than I would like to pay, but hey, on a buy one get one sale, I'll just bite my tongue!

on 8/19/2004 7:10:00 PM

LOVE this scrub. It was on sale (2 for $20) recently. I bought it and immediately went back to buy more! Smells fanstastic, exfoliates great and no irritation!

on 6/9/2004 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice scrubbing cleanser - not quite a scrub on it's own, more of an exfoliating shower gel. Little soft beads in a foaming blue gel. I think it smells clean and a little citrusy. Nice as a daily shower item, not a great "scrub".