Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick - Venom

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick - Venom

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/16/2016 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

OK so this was my second attempt to "like" this formulation. My first purchase was Shame and I could not stand the patchy formulation or the slippery mess that it became once applied (see my more detailed review on that fiasco). But since so many rave over the Rev lippies, I thought I'd go with a different color and had my fingers crossed for redemption. Unfortunately I was highly disappointed.

This truly is a very pretty color - I give it that. Its a unique shade that glistens but not in "glitter frosty" type way. That said, it doesn't matter how nice the color is because it straight up wears like melting Vaseline. This slips and slides all over the place - the Rev formula is hands down the most messy lipstick I have ever tried. My hair hit my lips and the color went all over my face; forget eating or drinking because it feathers a hot mess. In addition its really difficult to get on/apply right; while I am inclined to say maybe its the shape of the lippie, I think that's partially it BUT I believe its more about the slippery messy formula. Its true that the shape makes it really difficult to get full good coverage, however, its similar to Tarte's new Rainforest lippies which glide easily along the lips so that can't be the entire reason for it. Plus if you use a brush to apply it evenly, it still runs outside and all over the corners of the mouth to the point you may end up looking like a sad clown.

This formulation just does not work for me and I am not sure how it works so well for others who give rave reviews. There are plenty of ultra creamy lipsticks both high end and drugstore brands but they don't have these issues. The formulation is just way too high maintenance for me in regards to all you must do to get this to work out. So yeah, Its in the lose category for me but given all the positive ratings I say if you want to try this one (or any RL's) be sure and purchase from somewhere with a good return policy just in case you end up feeling as I do about these products.

on 8/14/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love the Urban Decay line of Revolution lipsticks, so I was eager to try one of the bolder colors. Venom was described as purple plum, but on me it was more like a bright, bold fuchsia. While the color is beautiful, it does not work on me. My only other complaint is that it costs $22 for a tube. Other than that it applies well, lasts long, and moisturizes the lips. If the color had looked better on me I would gladly have bought another.

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had wanted to go out of the box a little with a bold darker lip color and this it!! Love the deep berry color it brightens up my fair complexion.. I originally was wearing Rapture but after awhile turned more purple on me and wasn't liking it anymore.... This Venom Color was what i needed to add some spice back in my life...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Venom is one of the most gorgeous shades from Urban Decay (love the name,too). The lasting power on this is great and it is not too sticky, which is a major plus, considering I rarely wear lipstick to avoid the feeling so many lipsticks give me. The revolution lipstick feels more like a like a lip stain when applied. Overall I am very pleased with UD's lipstick and I am now going to try it in other shades.

I absolutely love this shade and the lip liner that comes with it. Together they make a great combo and result in a very sultry bold lip look!

I think the best way to describe Venom is to compare it with Too Faced Melted Berry lipstick. The lip liner that is also called Venom actually matches most of my berry lipsticks and last a great while! Also helps prevent the actual lipstick from bleeding- which it might do, because it is a very creamy product.

Overall if you like berry shades - this is a great one to check out. If you are considering on getting one, you might want to read this review below (it basically has very similar lip swatch to what Venom looks like, plus the liner).

The color of this lipstick is pretty in the tube...on my lips, well not so much. It is very dark and very scary on me. I felt like I was all lips. The formula is VERY dry. I could not put it on my lips straight from the tube. It "skipped" across my lips giving a really bad look. I tried a balm first and it was still too dry. I tried patting it on with my finger, I tried a lip brush....I gave up and decided that this formula is just not for me. I am a sucker for packaging and will say I love the color of the tube and the weight but that was no reason to keep this lipstick. I swapped it out.

on 6/29/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The color of this lipstick is utterly amazing. It's the most beautiful berry I've ever seen. And I own a lot of purple lipsticks. I hate the shape of this lipstick. The round tip makes for difficult application. It also only lasts for about an hour before it wears off in an unsatisfactory way (i.e., looks like lipliner). The lipstick was incredibly drying. The color is such that it is definitely worth me purchasing again.

on 5/13/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It is an lovely product in a very lovely berry plum color. I live in Indonesia, so it is very hard to get this one, but it's totally worth it!

The product claimed to be creamy, and many reviews said that it is very creamy. Yes, it is creamy, after I put it all on my lips. While I was putting this on though, it was a bit hard to move it around (felt a bit like dry). But after all that work, it is moisturizing, and the color is superb. It is an opaque lipstick, a bit of shimmer, it doesn't really have a smell, and it stained for a really long time. Although I suggest you should do a bit of touch up if you do a lot of eating/drinking. Not because it doesn't stay, but I find the color changed a bit (probably due to the amount losing from my lips due to eating/drinking). If you want the color to be back to bold venom, simply just put it a bit more.

My favorite fact about this lipstick is definitely the color and the perfect amount of shimmer that makes it looks perfect on pictures.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been trying to find this for months now and my local UD supplier (Shoppers Drug Mart Boutique) has been sold out forever. I even put my name on a waiting list and finally got so sick of waiting that ordered it from Sephora. It is everything I dreamed it would be and more.

The colour is just TO DIE FOR - a deep berry colour that is very unique and totally wearable on a lot of different skin tones. It goes on so creamy right from the tube or with a lip brush. This product is very long lasting even without a lip liner. Once the product has complete set, it will last for hours without touch ups! I find most long lasting lipsticks these days are extremely drying but this product keeps your lips super moisturized for a very long time while keeping the colour on your lips too!

The cost is a bit steep...I believe with taxes it almost came to $30 but it was totally worth every cent - trust me! I love the super sleek packaging on these lipsticks too. I actually purchased the "Turn On" shade as well and plan to get a few more of this product very soon. If you can find this product don't pass it up. It is AMAZING!!! Definitely one of my top 5 lip products out of everything I own!

on 2/15/2014 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a beautiful berry shade. Applied once lightly I can get a bright fuschia-berry shade. Apply another layer and the result is a gorgeous deep berry shade. This is more of a nighttime shade for me. When I wear it I let my lips stand out and tone down the rest of my makeup.

Popular Lipsticks