Bare Escentuals Lash Domination

3.0

Water, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera/Cire De Candelilla), Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Myristic Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Malachite Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I received a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and I like it a lot. The wand is reminiscent of L'Oréal Butterfly Intenza, but only because of all the little spikes all the way around the wand. This is a good thing imo, because L'Oréal Butterfly Intenza is one of the best mascaras I've ever used.

I can totally see why Lash Domination would annoy people though, because of the false advertising. It does NOT add tons of volume. I've found that it only adds a bit of volume, but what it does add is length, and lots of it.

The combination of those two things works out well, so I forgive Bare Escentuals for their false advertising. You'd think they would know better, right? After all, a wand that gives definition and separation like the one they chose to use could never add volume. A lot of us know this, and we don't even make cosmetics. That's odd.

Another small thing I noticed is that it can clump if you're not careful. You really have to take your time with this mascara if you want it to look fantastic. It's worth it, though. In the end, it's a very nice mascara that I would purchase once the sample runs out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only high-end mascara I would repurchase. It adds fabulous volume and length to my straight and ordinary lashes. The wand is well-sizes and coats every lash with slightly heavy, smooth formula. I'm rather surprised to see so many negative reviews but perhaps the mascara isn't for every type of lash.

To Read all 84 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a sample from ulta and I'm delighted I didn't pay a single cent for this mascara because it's not worth any money. It claims to give you massive volume, lengthening, thickening, and long wearing but all it does is clump your lashes and shed's shortly after application. It's such a disappointment because it looked promising but I don't even feel like finishing the sample its that bad.

This is so sticky!!!

Got a free sample at Ulta. My first impression was actually really good. Normally, I layer DS mascaras (Maybelline Illegal Lengths followed by Maybelline the Falsies), and have never found a HE mascara that lengthens and thickens as well as this combo. This almost does--my lashes look great. The brush is easy to use and the formula is wet enough that you have time to work with it, but not so wet that it makes a mess. Packaging is sleek and cute too. It doesn't come in Very Black or an equivalent, which was about to be my only gripe.

But, after wearing it, I can feel my inner lashes every time I blink! They are sticky AF. I've been wearing mascara all day every day for probably 10 years, and have never FELT it before. Driving me insane. I'll keep the sample at my BF's or in my purse as a backup, but can't imagine wanting to feel this on my eyes regularly.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received a deluxe sample of this mascara and I am finally done with it! I would have thrown it out earlier, but I'm cheap and don't like to waste things. This mascara is not good at all. I can't even make it from home to work (~15 minute commute) without this smudging my under eyes! I tried to put some powder on my lashes before using this but it still does not have any staying power. The formula is pretty wet so it transfers easily. I would not buy this and would not recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Huge sigh of disappointment for this one :(
I love bare minerals and use their foundation primer and mineral veil every single day. Last time I visited the counter I decided to give this a try. Cue epic buyers remorse!
It isn't waterproof. It isn't smudge proof. It isn't even BLINK proof so by lunch time I have a lovely fan shaped black smudge across the top of my eyelid. Packaging is cute and I love the brush but that's as far as my positive feelings for this product goes.
Worse thing is, I brought a promotion pack of two........ Both are going in the bin.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was really shocked to see this mascara has such bad ratings.I love it,for me it does everything that it is promised on their website.I only do one or two coats max,and it doesn't smudge or anything.For me this is better than any MAC and E.Arden mascara.It's important to use it correctly by twisting the wand (check their site and yt).Get a sample and give it a try.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Received this as christmas box makeup 💄 set of bare minerals and the mascara wand is very curved and the product stinks its wet and takes long to dry dont layer as it made it worsening. I never tried bare minerals products but from my box I liked other stuff but this is pretty to look at but don't work, I am happy 😄 didn't spend money on it and recommended apple mascara or Maybelline pink tube lash mascara but don't bother with this one. cons.. very wet, strange wand curved around edges and over priced pros.. very good look at and shiny and great for not sweaty ppl or maybe those that like wait for drying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara drives me up the wall. I have long, but spindly lashes and generally layer mascaras. A lengthening, separating mascara and then a volumizing mascara. I picked this one up for my second step and I can't wait to be finished with it. I might just throw it out before then because I honestly cant stand it.

The brush is a spiraled synthetic brush, which picks up an absurd amount of very wet product and distributes it rather unevenly across the lashes. The only good thing about the formula I can think of is that it really is jet black, and it isn't heavily fragranced. The brush is soft in case you poke your eye, but seriously this mascara gets everywhere. It's so wet it smears terribly, and if you cry you are literally going to look like a raccoon. Not joking, I think this stuff would sweat worse in humidity than me. I've complained about Bare Minerals mascaras smudging in the past but this takes the cake.

While it will volumize to some extent, expect thick, black, twiggy spider legs eyelashes. It makes all your eyelashes stick together and not even a brow comb can redeem it. And it's rather annoying and messy to take off. HORRID.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I love Bare Escentuals products but this was not a favorite. I got it in a Sephora mascara holiday collection. The bristles are curved & look like swirls. This mascara is very wet and takes a bit to dry. It did give my lashes volume but It smears very easily and gives major raccoon eyes after a little while. Not at all long lasting. Won't repurchase this.