Bare Escentuals Lash Domination

3.0

Water, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera/Cire De Candelilla), Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Myristic Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Malachite Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499).

I am going to bring the rating up for this mascara. I have a million mascaras like most but I recieved this as a gift. I was turned off every time I would look at the gunked up brush although fhe bristles were very unique. Well I didnt use it and it sat for a good year in the back of my drawer. Not sure if in this time it dried out slightly or if this is the actual texture but it WAS awesome. I read a review that said it was spikey but I will add that its not so much spikey its more of a doll eye look. In between a thick lash will be a thin one and so on, which adds a nice dimension and balance to over all look. I also like how lifted my lashes were. It reminds me of the ardell lashes. I didnt do any special technique to put it on. The brush is spiraled so I suppose you could spin it as you apply it but like I said I just slapped it on without thought or effort and it look great. To me it was volumized AND feathery (a unique combo) WITHOUT clumps or flaking. Sooooo after a year of being snubbed this is now my fav mascara. Lol ***I wanted to note that I use castor oil and rimmel lash accelerator serum. I will post a picture soon.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The first few times I tried this mascara, I really did like it. I was really into more dramatic lashes, and this worked really well with layering. It gives amazing volume, and although the wand wasn't my favorite choice of wands, it did apply the product pretty heavily. The main problem with the wand is that if you did want to wear less mascara on a particular day, it would be very hard to pull of without a spare, clean mascara wand in hand. You really need something else to comb through your lashes with something like this.

Although this product gives very pretty lashes, it smudges like crazy. I even tried applying waterproof mascara over this in order to improve the durability, but it still smudged pretty bad.

Overall, this is not worth the money. It looks great, but it smudges pretty badly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm not really good at reviewing mascara because my lashes are long. They're also kinda' thick. If you're looking for the fake lash look, then you will like this mascara I suppose. It makes your lashes look very spiky and artificial. I didn't experience any flaking and smudging as the other reviewers stated. I actually experienced really good wear. When I do wear it, I wear it on my upper and lower lashes and don't notice any smudging for at least 6 hours. It is sticky, so lashes will need to be combed to prevent clumping. The plastic applicator is tricky, so you might need to use a mascara guard with it. Otherwise, I don't really have much to say about it. Would I pay 18 or 20 dollars for it? Probably not. I received it as a free gift with my Ulta purchase, so I can't really complain. I still prefer my Lorac mascara over this one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This mascara is just okay. The brush is awkward to me and hard to use. It's one of those plastic spiked brushes but the spikes spiral around instead of being in a straight pattern. I find the formula to be rather wet and gloppy which results in a lot of clumps, which you don't need. Like another reviewer, I find the overall result to be more for lengthening than volumizing. Average wear time but it does flake off a bit. I got this in a BE kit, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it. I have tried another BE mascara and similarly, wasn't impressed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I did not get length or volume with this. I bought it at half price and still paid too much. It flaked off under my eyes and down my face. Nothing to like about this mascara for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I like this mascara.

I get lots of lash separation, but be careful, those spikes can hurt if you aren't careful.

The formula isn't too wet or too dry. It doesn't smell bad, or irritate my eyes.

I haven't had any flaking, running or raccoon eyes.

I don't get any curling or much lengthening.

I would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I received a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and I like it a lot. The wand is reminiscent of L'Oréal Butterfly Intenza, but only because of all the little spikes all the way around the wand. This is a good thing imo, because L'Oréal Butterfly Intenza is one of the best mascaras I've ever used.

I can totally see why Lash Domination would annoy people though, because of the false advertising. It does NOT add tons of volume. I've found that it only adds a bit of volume, but what it does add is length, and lots of it.

The combination of those two things works out well, so I forgive Bare Escentuals for their false advertising. You'd think they would know better, right? After all, a wand that gives definition and separation like the one they chose to use could never add volume. A lot of us know this, and we don't even make cosmetics. That's odd.

Another small thing I noticed is that it can clump if you're not careful. You really have to take your time with this mascara if you want it to look fantastic. It's worth it, though. In the end, it's a very nice mascara that I would purchase once the sample runs out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only high-end mascara I would repurchase. It adds fabulous volume and length to my straight and ordinary lashes. The wand is well-sizes and coats every lash with slightly heavy, smooth formula. I'm rather surprised to see so many negative reviews but perhaps the mascara isn't for every type of lash.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a sample from ulta and I'm delighted I didn't pay a single cent for this mascara because it's not worth any money. It claims to give you massive volume, lengthening, thickening, and long wearing but all it does is clump your lashes and shed's shortly after application. It's such a disappointment because it looked promising but I don't even feel like finishing the sample its that bad.

This is so sticky!!!

Got a free sample at Ulta. My first impression was actually really good. Normally, I layer DS mascaras (Maybelline Illegal Lengths followed by Maybelline the Falsies), and have never found a HE mascara that lengthens and thickens as well as this combo. This almost does--my lashes look great. The brush is easy to use and the formula is wet enough that you have time to work with it, but not so wet that it makes a mess. Packaging is sleek and cute too. It doesn't come in Very Black or an equivalent, which was about to be my only gripe.

But, after wearing it, I can feel my inner lashes every time I blink! They are sticky AF. I've been wearing mascara all day every day for probably 10 years, and have never FELT it before. Driving me insane. I'll keep the sample at my BF's or in my purse as a backup, but can't imagine wanting to feel this on my eyes regularly.

Popular Mascaras