Aveeno Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

Aveeno Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer
Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily MoisturizerAveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

3.6

Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja Seed Extract (Soybean), Isoceteth 20, Laureth 7, Methyl Gluceth 20, Polyacrylamide, PPG 10 Cetyl Ether, Water

I have tried several aveeno products because the line is promototed as being good for sensitive skin. I bought this one to use as a spot treatment but it ended up in the back of my medicine cabinet because it does not wear under makeup (it leaves a waxy residue that balls up on your face). I'm a broke college student so when I ran out of my Jason C & found out that I had a full bottle of Aveeno l figured I'd try to use it up before buying another. Huge mistake. I don't know what happened. The bottle was not expired. I must have had an allergic reaction to one of the chemicals. I did not have a single acne spot but after 3 days of using this "clear complexion" my entire face was peeling and covered with massive oozing pustules. Even now, 6 weeks after using this product, my face is covered in scabs and scars from using this product. It is also flaking off and forming blackheads the size of a pencil lead, two problems that I never had before. This product is so extremely harsh on skin that it should be classified as a chemical peel, not a moisturizer.

This moisturizer saved my skin! I have very sensitive, acne prone, combo skin. my skin used to be so flakey in areas i couldn't even put on foundation without mixing it with a moistirizer. I came across this at my local walgreens and was scared to try it because it is a cream moisturizer, and well all know creams and acne do NOT mix, but boy was I suprised! My skin has not had a dry flake since a week after I started using this anout a year and a half ago. This product didn't clear my acne completely obviously, I still get my ccasional breakout around that time of the month, but this product does not irritate my breakouts and further and tend to help them not last as long. I do know that all skin and acne is different and might not react the same, but I do recomend giving this a try especially for people with very dry skin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is my HG moisturizer for 7+ years. I have acne-prone oily skin and somehow, this is the ONLY moisturizer that doesn't break me out or do something weird to my skin. I tried many other moisturizers the past 7 years and I always come back to this one. I love the cooling cream sensation when you put it on (not gel), the hygienic pump bottle packaging, and the smell doesn't bother me. When I'm in hot, humid summer weather I can wear this on its own. I just put sunscreen on top. When I'm in any other place, I put in either jojoba oil or rosehip oil and it works wonders! If I don't put the oil, it's too drying on its own. I have lived in 6 countries and visited 20 countries since using this moisturizer, ranging from hot sticky Singapore to harsh Siberia in the winter. This moisturizer works every single time.

on 8/1/2016 6:03:00 PM

this is a basic moisturizer for my combo skin for summer time. it doesn't make me any more or any less oily. i think this will be fine for warmer months, but when it starts getting cold i will probably need to switch to something more moisturizing. i don't know that I will repurchase.

This stuff is just plain amazing. I have oily/combo skin and I tend to have hormonal breakouts in my T-zone almost weekly. This stuff takes care of it, period. My skin is dewy and glowing for the first time ever. I use it twice a day and it takes care of any potential pimples. If I use it once a day, I tend to break out a little. I will definitely keep buying this, unless they discontinue it. I found it on sale in my local grocery store so that makes me think they're trying to discontinue it. God bless salicylic acid.

I've heard so many great things about the Aveeno brand and how it is safe and effective for sensitive skin. I've used the Daily Moisturizer for months now and it feels extremely light weight and claims to even out skin tone. I have noticed a bit of a difference in blotchiness on my cheek area since using.

on 1/22/2016 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Im 36 with oily tzone dry cheeks very acne and clog prone. Its winter now and I needed moisture my skin was so dry from the weather and I was breakong out as well. after a week of using this noticed small cosmetic whiteheads around chin and mouth area, will be returning this. Also wasnt moisturizing enough and felt as thou it just sat on top of skin. Perhaps my skin doesnt like cones (dimethicone)

on 1/5/2016 5:56:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I had used this moisturizer for about a year and half and used up two bottles. It worked amazing and definitely helped with my acne. I ran out and bought a new bottle of this product about 3 weeks ago. I noticed the packaging was different but thought nothing of it. I've come to realize that aveeno most likely reformulated this moisturizer. While it once used to soak into my skin, I feel now that it leaves a weird slippery film. It almost feels like a primer now in that it just sits atop my skin and it has that synthetic feeling. Also I have to started to break out in little tiny whiteheads all over my face which is very unusual and not the typical breakouts I have. I have since stopped using this and those little bumps have gone away. It sucks that this used to work so well and now instead of keeping acne at bay, it actually causes it.

on 12/21/2015 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

To be fair, I only used this moisturizer for a week. I have oily skin and I wanted a new moisturizer for the winter but this is not what I was looking for. I have used other moisturizers and they give me an even/glowy complexion. This moisturizer made my skin dry with tiny little bumps. It's also really expensive for the fact that it didn't do anything great to my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Cons outweigh the pros...The scent is irritating and I'm usually not sensitive. The pH is too high for the salicyclic acud to do anything, and not very moisturizing. There are more effective moisturizers that cost less.

Popular Moisturizers