L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Quad

2.6

on 8/3/2016 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Despite reading the reviews on here I ended up getting this palette in a 3 for 2 sale (I couldn't think of anything else I would want and I didn't have any eyeshadow palettes). I regret not listening to TanyaH30 - everything was true.

The shimmer in the palette I got was JUST TOO MUCH - when applying it to your eyelids it's like a glitter bomb. I totally didn't expect this because it doesn't look like it in the pan, plus the colours are nude!

I'd sprayed my MAC fix plus onto the brush before using these, so I did not experience any fallout. Some of the shades were more pigmented than others because of the fix plus but overall the shades don't blend in well and my eyelids were just a hot mess.

I decided to experiment with the lightest shade, which was supposed to be an inner corner highlighter, and used it on my face (cheek bones, cupids bow, etc) - it was excellent for this, my highlights shined like a disco ball.

I was looking for some subtle mattes for a daily look and this was the complete opposite. I wouldn't have minded the difficulty in blending, I could've worked with it, but the shimmer is just too much! I cannot comment on the lasting power as I had to take it off immediately after applying it.

Yes, it's entirely my fault for not listening, which is why I'm saying now: Please don't buy this palette, invest in something else!

on 11/23/2014 9:07:00 AM

ok so I do agree that the shimmery shades are chunks of glitter and do have fallout...I own 2 of these one in "because I'm worth it"..which is pure glitter which I LOVE glittery shadows but it is a tad overboard..and the other quad I have is the ONLY reason I'm giving this product a 4 and its called "cupa joe" which is pure matte and I am impressed with it good pigmentation, blendable which so is the glittery one but the fallout is bad. but with cupa joe it has perfect shades for transistion or for a smokey eye and a nice highlight. .but the applicatiors way to small and I have broken the lid:/ but I really like the matte quad.

on 11/15/2014 2:28:00 PM

I have to let everyone know about this eye shadow. If I can stop one person from being duped into buying this garbage, then my job is done.

Huge issues, the pigment is awful, it so weak you have to try and keep putting more on to get a bold color..... 2nd the fallout from this shadow is unacceptable, its all over my cheeks, and now I have to go the rest of the day with it on. 3rd.. The shimmer is the product is huge, and that's not the look that most are looking for, if a person wanted a sparkly shadow then they will buy one, but this stuff, just has chunks of shimmer so with that and the fallout this is just a hot mess. This is not worth the time of day. PLEASE BEWARE before you buy this.

I would want to stop as many people from buying this as possible. If your looking for a budget buy shadow, Maybelline's nude palette would be the way to go.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

perfect face comtouring tool. ok, so the packaging kind of sucks, I always have a hard time opening it and the tiny applicator barely fits inside. and the shadows are very dry and powdery. Having said that, I will always keep this in my makeup bag for the purpose of contouring, used with a quality brush. The colors are totally matte and skin tones. The lightest color brightens the brow bone and inner eye corner while being undetectable that it's there. The darkest color works very well as a bottom liner to hide bags, the medium is the warmest and is a good color to depuff the crease, and my favorite, the medium deep color. i use that color to contour my nose and define my creases. Contouring this way gives the effect of completely natural shadows. you cannot even tell it's there, but it will provide an enormously defined, slimming effect.

on 7/12/2013 12:50:00 PM

These eyeshadow's are pretty good but they go on uneven, could be a tad more pigmented, and the packaging makes it hard to get the eyeshadow on your brush because of the pans shape. I returned it.