Boots Boots Botanics Age Defense Microdermabrasion Polish

Boots  Boots Botanics Age Defense Microdermabrasion Polish

4.7

Aqua (Water), Pumice, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sorbitan Olivate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Hydroxide, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol.

on 6/5/2016 5:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It's a very nice drugstore scrub, especially if you are looking for something with smaller exfoliating particles. Boots scrub has pumice, and comes out as a light grey paste the color of dry sidewalk. Packaging is in a squeeze tube with a flip cap that closes securely and prevents shower water from getting in and diluting the scrub.

There are plenty of pumice particles suspended in olive oil, glycerin, dimethicone, and so on. It does exfoliate nicely without excess irritation, but also leaves a film of olive oil. This may be a nice bonus for someone with dry skin, but I have to use a face wash afterward. The packaging also makes somewhat silly anti-aging claims, stating that the scrub reveals more radiant skin, which any decent scrub would do, and that the gingko extract, being "packed with anti-oxidants", prevents skin aging. I sincerely doubt that the minuscule amounts of gingko, which is way down on the ingredient list, would do much in the two minutes this spends on my face, let alone after I rinse off the olive oil residue.

I haven't tried Dr Brandt's microdermabrasion exfoliant, but have used the PoreDermabrasion one. Dr Brandt's is better in that the exfoliating particles are even smaller, and it contains salicylic acid (or lactic acid in microdermabrasion version) for added chemical exfoliation. I already use high percentage AHA and BHA treatments, so the difference in price is not justified by slightly finer scrubbing particles.

on 4/8/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE! Fine grain and gets the job done. My doc said to bump up my glycolic and microdermabrasion for my Melasma. My 2nd fav is the Dr. Brandt's but is expensive. I also have the Neutrogena vibrating one with the pads but it's kinda rough.

To Read all 10 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/10/2015 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has changed my skin! I have been dealing with dry flaking skin and have been trying every trick in the book. I even stopped wearing foundation as it looked so bad over my skin. I am now glowing!

on 8/25/2015 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Bought this instead of getting Dr. Brandtís microdermabrasion because of the price primarily and Iím so glad I did because itís virtually the same product. Gives super smooth skin and doesnít irritate, also moisturizing which is nice. Only have to use a little to get results. Probably use once or twice a week if really needed. For reference I have fairly sensitive skin, but I feel like this helps my skin remain clearer.

on 3/20/2015 1:41:00 AM

Perfect once or twice a week scrub polish. Doesnt irritate my skin or damage my skin, the scrub is very fine but abundant so it works very well! Plus I love the all natural ingredients, so I feel good about using it! I was hesitant because it is rather pricey for a drugstore brand, $13 dollars for me at Target, but Im glad I decided to try it out!

Pros
-polishes skin
-removes dead skin
-no irritation

cons
(none)

on 10/1/2014 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is the closest cheap/drugstore dupe to my favorite exfoliating scrub (Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant), which is also similar to Kiehl's Epidermal Retexturizing Micro Dermabrasion.

While the texture is pretty much identical, the scent and moisture is different (less moisturizing). Pound for pound, though, it really does the exact same thing at one fifth of the price or less. Worth every penny of $13...as opposed to $80 or $50 respectively.

This gets rid of all dry patches, minimizes fine lines, and allows products to penetrate better and be more effective. Makeup also applies much more smoothly and evenly (and you need less of it) with regular use...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this on a whim and have been using it for a few months now. It's a really great every other day kind of exfoliant. It's not as harsh as other pumice-based products I've used and while my skin is a little red immediately afterwards, it looks glowing within twenty minutes. I highly recommend this.

on 2/2/2014 6:50:00 PM

A very fine scrub which when applied does not feel too rough and instantly makes your skin feel soft. I use this weekly and have been regularly using it for about two months but I am not a fan. It is reasonably priced, decent packaging and I like Boots stuff but it makes my skin red. No glow just patchy redness and within half a day a few under the skin bumps in places I do not tend to get spots. This is going in the rubbish bin because I have persevered but it just makes me look worse and when I removed my foundation tonight my skin was still blotchy red. Much prefer Dermalogica microfoliant as it is super soft to apply and does render a glow and healthy appearance.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Being that I have oily skin and blemishes, I never shy away from exfoliators. When I received this, I was quite excited to use it. The finely milled pumice really works to smooth away that layer of dead skin cells and renew your skin. Plus with the added bonus of the Ginko as the active plant extract, it really helps to reproduce that collagen and elastin. Definitely purchasing again.

Please only use once a week. Seems too harsh to use more than directed.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am on my third tube of this finely milled pumice-based scrub. There are plenty of exfoliating pumice beads in this product. I use this on my face and body. I like to use this once or twice a week.