100%
package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

This is soo easy, and it can be prepared in advance. I've discovered this somewhere on the net - tried cautiously - and used few times since without any redness, side effects or reaction. I bought organic adzuki beans. Washed them and dried, then blended in a blender with coffee grinder blade. It powdered pretty quickly. I didn't do any sifting. I keep this powder in a jar - I am assuming it will have the same use by date as the beans - a very long time. When I want to use the scrub I scoop about 1 tablespoon into a tiny bowl and take with me into the shower. I add a bit of water and massage on the face. The water softens the bean particles, and even the larger ones don't scratch. The beans actually saponify - so the scrub acts as very mild soap cleanser. I leave the mixture on my face until the end of the showering, then rinse off. My skin feels very smooth afterwards, and not at all dry. I use this scrub about twice a week, alternating with facial brush and AHA products. My skin, with age, is getting sluggish with shedding the dead top layer and needs a helping hand :-)

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairGrey, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

7 years ago

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is an awesome product. It's also stunningly expensive. I had been on the search for something that worked like Daily Microfoliant, without having to pay a ridiculous price or online. I read an article somewhere about Asian skincare lines including finely ground adzuki beans as an exfoliating, brightening scrub. Bobbi Brown makes a buffing scrub using adzuki but I am not going to pay that kind of $$. I went to my local asian grocery and bought some adzuki beans, which I ground in a coffee grinder and continued to pulverize with a mortar & pestle. The end result is a very fine but still "scrubby" powder that makes a cleansing paste when you add water. Sometimes I use a face wash with it, but often not. I've been using it for a week, I'll update soon.

About reviewer (318 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

9 years ago

I've tried expensive brands of azuki bean scrubs, I find it best to just make it myself. I put about 6 oz. in a blender, and get the consistency as fine as possible, and I then put them through a fine mesh like one made for tea. I then take that yield and place a double-folded piece of cheesecloth on top of the same mesh, and the yield from that will be my final result. In the end, you will see little to NO brown outer shell pieces. Believe it or, not this stuff "lathers" a little when mixed with water because the powder is such a fine texture. Great for oily skin!

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age25-29