NYX Love In Paris 05 Parisian Chic Palette

NYX Love In Paris 05 Parisian Chic Palette

3.2

on 5/2/2017 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Edit: I tried this again recently and I actually think pigment payoff on skin is decent when compared to the look of the color in the pan. Adding a star.

-----------

I am NC 30-35, olive skin, yellow undertones, and this palette, filled with colors that typically work on my skin tone, is not pigmented enough for olive or darker skin colors. (except for the charcoal grey/black), and it is too sparkly for me. Normally, lack of pigmentation is not characteristic of NYX; I have two NYX blushes and other NYX products, and you have to use a very light hand because of the rich, buttery pigment.

But the reason for the two stars has nothing to do with pigment. There is a lot of fallout -- really problematic with black on your cheeks when you are in a hurry -- especially obvious because I prefer to use a brush rather than a sponge applicator. You think that you've shaken all the excess dust by tapping your brush and then shadow falls onto your cheeks from above. I try to mitigate these issues by applying wet with a sponge applicator since I want to use up what I have. I adore the colors in this palette and I am a fan of NYX generally, but in terms of texture and ease of application, I prefer WnW coloricon. (The smaller WnW shadow coloricon combos have more pigment and are longer wearing than the bigger palette). Also, it's a small thing, but I somtimes fumble in opening the bow latch.

Note: NYX eyeshadow singles have higher ratings regarding both pigment and fallout.

the shades are not pigmented

I purchased this over the weekend at CVS . It was really an impulse purchase. I have been looking for a nice nude drugstore palette and I think I found a good one. I am still trying it out but I do think it is great for travel. . I throw it in my makeup bag and my gym bag . I think the packaging is appeals to someone my age I am 35 and someone younger or older. I do like that there are a like combination of colors some of which are matte and some of which have a little shimmer in them. I also got it on sale 50% off so I paid less than $6.00 for this eye shadow palette . I think it is great if you want an alternative to a high end nude palette. I will not say that it is a dupe for Urban Decay or Too Faced but I would rather spend less than $6.00 and try it out. Maybelline has a nude blushed palette which I think have similar color. All in all I am liking this palette so far and I am wearing it today . I think it is great for a neutral smokey eye . I think I am going to get a lot of use out of this NYX palette.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this palette for travel it has some basic colors with a few shimmers to do a smoky look. I would recommend always using an eye shadow base of course:)

I don't get the negative reviews for this. I just bought it and I'm sooo in love! For the price, you can't compare it to high end in terms of pigmentation however with the right primer the colours come out creamy and soft and so dainty especially of you're going for the natural look! I never liked overly shimmery shades for everyday wear. I love the shades! I use them all whereas I only use 5 from my Naked 2 palette. And I love how compact it is, so convenient as I hate lugging huge palettes around. The colours are ideal for soft daytime make up as well as smokey dramatic in case you decide to go for a night out after work! Only negative thing I can think of is the lack of mirror.

on 7/10/2015 12:32:00 PM

I should have probably avoided buying this at my CVS for $10 given the fact that my skin reacts to every eyeshadow on the planet, but I did because the neutral matte colors looked so attractive. Excepting the fact that it gave me a rash within hours of using it, the colors did not apply smoothly AT ALL and were not very pigmented. Even if my immune system didn't reject it's ingredients I would be returning this anyway because it's such a low quality product. I understand NYX is not a haute boutique brand or something but for ten dollars and change I kind of expect the colors to at least apply smoothly without powdery fallout. I will not be purchasing any NYX eyeshadow palettes in the future.

This is one of my palettes that I tend to grab for casual looks. The shades are great to make a nice neutral smokey eye or just a toned down neutral look. The shadows are highly pigmented and they stay on all day when used with a primer. You can make so many different looks with these nine eyeshadows. When I travel this always goes in my bag because it is small and works with so many different styles. There is an even mix of mattes and shimmery shades which works for so many different looks.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this palette in particular because the neutrals seemed less yellow than those of the other LOVE IN PARIS palettes. This one includes some cool grays that contrast with and look good against my olive green/gold eye color.

Paula Begoun does not recommend any of these palettes, faulting a lack of "color pay off."

For me, however, I find the color intensity of these eyeshadows just right. I am a light colored Caucasian. For me, a lot of the eyeshadows on the market are just too pigmented for me to wear very easily.

I really like this palette, and recommend it to others of similar age and skin tone.

on 11/21/2014 10:02:00 PM

I bought this palette for around $20 in Australia. I was hoping it would be good value as you got 9 different colours. The colours looked like good neutral colours and there was a mix of matte and shimmery colours. I loved the love in rio pallet (bikini bottom) but the love in Paris one disappointed me. None of the lighter colours showed up at all and there was very little pigmentation for the rest. It was definitely not worth the purchase for me.

on 10/1/2014 8:20:00 PM

I don't understand why many think that these shades are not pigmented enough. They indeed are, and there is one for everything on the eyes except mascara. I love this palette. I use it for brows, shadow, eyeliner, and highlighter. Love it!