Peter Thomas Roth Neuroliquid™ Volufill™ Youth Serum

Peter Thomas Roth Neuroliquid™ Volufill™ Youth Serum

2.9

Proline, Threonine, Serine, Arginine, Water, Isoleucine, Glycine, Glycerin, Lysine, Histidine, Leucine, Acetyl Hydroxyproline, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Tyrosine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Isopropyl Myristate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide- 5, Palmitoyl Dipeptide-5 Diaminobutyroyl Hydroxythreonine, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-9, Hexapeptide-2, Soluble Collagen, Cysteine, Valine, Glutamine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Pca, Butylene Glycol, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tetradecyl Aminobutyroylvalylaminobutyric Urea Trifluoroacetate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Soy Amino Acids, Algae Extract, Yeast Extract, Acacia Seyal Gum Extract, Propylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Trideceth-9, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Borate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.

Ok first off, god help me but I would buy it again. The price is insane tho. My personal issue with it is that it causes my dry skin to break out in a scary bad way. I have a literal line of what look almost like cystic acne under both cheek bones above the jawline. It's def not hormonal, dirty pillowcases, etc....I've been scrupulous in keeping everything hygienic. This area is however where I apply the serum. The serum supposedly makes your skin regenerate or create volume or whatever. I wanted more fullness under my cheeks because I was feeling a bit sunken.
I've been using it on my lips too. It plumps right? Yes my lips are in fact much, noticably plumper(I apply and then put balm over to seal), BUT literally all around my lips I'm breaking out. Not herpes, not even pimples...more like this stuff irritates the follicles around my lips and they'll clog, swell, develop a pimple even if I seal it on with balm. My lips look great but I look gross on the lip line...again, def not herpes cuz they travel in packs according to WebMD, and these are random singles. When I don't use the serum, they fade away quickly within a day even, but come right back when I use it...but it plumps my lips so nicely...sad:(
I notice it works better on the upper cheek area around the eyes, and even forehead wrinkles. I can def tell when I've been using it and when I've stopped...skin looks less full and plump. Again, in these areas I'm getting red irritated breakouts. So I'm torn. I love the volume but hate the acne.
I've mixed it with moisturizers of all types to try to buffer it, and used it over top of moisturizer and same results...irritated pimples.
It's a great prod tho and does voluminize the face to give you a well rested look, but if your skin is sensitive or acne prone I'd def say avoid this.
The dropper bottle is dumb too...always gotta worry about spilling, which would be really bad cuz it's sooooo expensive.
>>Uodate:12/14/16 I can't waste this stuff it's so expensive! So I use it in the am under moisturizer. I get a lot of compliments on my skin looking fresh and youthful. It's def this stuff. It plumps and works good, and the moisture buffers it. I pat it on, which is hard cuz its watery, but it seems to absorb and work better. The breakouts have stopped because I'm using bha's one night, then retinol the next. My breakouts have stopped and my skin looks good again. Plus I've switched back to spot conceal/color correct over Diamond pink BB cream, and blending with mineral makeup, so I'm using all non-comedogenic stuff.
I think overall, if you work with it and give your skin time to adapt, it does give your skin a plumper, younger look...but you really gotta figure the best way to use it for your skin type.
I would give it 4 out of 5 lip pies now because it does work well once you figure how potent you can tolerate it.

on 11/8/2014 6:50:00 PM

The jury is out. What I did find out as a first time user is that you MUST put a moisturizer over the serum. I tried it first without and applied foundation directly on it. It looked dry and powdery. Washed off and started over adding moisturizer. I liked the look. I'll see in the long run if it makes a difference.

on 12/15/2013 3:10:00 PM

I see where the negative reviewers have a point about the consistency of this product - it would be better in a metered pump dispenser rather than a dropper. But I do like this product even better than the other PTR serums I have tried and liked. The lack of silicone is a positive, since other products that I use later or at other times in my routine *do* have silicone, and it's nice to not have to blend 'cones. I do think the key to faking a youthful complexion is by lightly layering several products, and for me, this serum as the base, followed by Perricone Photo Plasma, a gentle touch of Clarins Lisette Minute, PTR CC Cream, creme blush of choice, and Koh-Gen-Do Gentle Lighting Powder, is like a magic soft-focus lens that I can wear everywhere. I am on my second bottle of this serum, and am about to reorder again. I've tried PTR UnWrinkle, and the PTR one that comes in the gold pump. I bought the gold pump one twice, but felt when getting ready to buy #3 that it wasn't all that for me for what it cost. After an hour in Sephora stalking from brand to brand, I got on MUA on my iPhone and saw the first (positive) review for his product, so I took a chance on it, and I'm glad I did. 1 lippie off for packaging - would be better in a pump.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My mom got this product a little while ago and loves it. Her skin looks firmer and her deep wrinkles look so good! I have a hereditary wrinkle on my forehead and she told me to start using it every day for it. I actually use this all over my face and neck and add an extra drop onto the wrinkle.
I can't say I have seen a drastic change because every once in a while I forget to use it but the wrinkle doesn't seem as deep as it used to be. Plus my skin feels amazing whenever I use this and it isn't super heavy or greasy either, it sinks right into my skin. I do have acne prone skin and was please to see that I didn't get any breakouts from this because some other anti-aging products have broken me out before. I actually really like the dropper until the bottle is almost empty and you can't get anything out with it.
My mom and I both use the same bottle and it seems to last us about 3 1/2 months. It is quite expensive so I say get a sample of it first before you dish out all the money for it. I took off one lippie though just because I am just using this for mostly preventative stuff so I don't see a huge difference in my skin plus it is super expensive. My mom's wrinkles though have improved around her mouth and eye area. It looks plumper and smoother after the few months she has had the product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I don't have much to say about this except it did absolutely nothing for my skin in any way. I have aging/dry skin with some deep lines and some fine lines, and this serum didn't help either whatsoever. It is a nice thin texture and absorbs well, but that's about it. The packaging was a very poor choice on PTR'a part, as once the products lid is removed and it's exposed to air, the active ingredients begin to break down. Of all the high end serums I've used, this was the most useless, and that's hard to admit because I'm a big fan of PTR skincare. Save your money, there are far better options out there at 1/4 the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. My skin tone has evened out, my pores look smaller it helped with this creppiness that was happening under my eyes from my Retin-A. I have noticed my skin is fuller, and more tight. I had the beginnings of sagging skin along my jaw, and under my chin, and that has really firmed up. All this with the first bottle. Buying another day after tomorrow. I only use it once a day as opposed to the twice a day they recommend. using it once a day the bottle lasted three months, so it equated to $40 per month, not too shabby. I just hate having to fork out over a hundred dollars at a pop. This stuff has performed miracles for my skin.

on 7/10/2013 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Most PTR facial treatments that get good reviews have parabens, which I avoid. This product doesn't. The ingredients sound great: lots of peptides, hyaluronic acid, algae, soluble collagen, etc and no silicones to dry out the skin. So, in theory, this should be a great mid-priced serum. It isn't, at least not for me. I will use up the bottle, but will not repurchase as I see no visible change in the appearance of my skin after application. I'm covering all the other bases with a Px Vit A cream, a broad spectrum high PPD SS, a high quality Vit C and E serum and an AHA product 3X's a week. I was and still am looking for a product to apply immediately after showering to plump up the skin before applying makeup. This product is not it and is in fact less effective than any other peptide serum I have tried.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Total let down of a product. This is what I get for watching QVC late at night. But, Mr. Roth himself, made it sound soooo promising that it had to work, right? This blend of amino acids and miracle peptides is in a silicone free base. Has the consistency of water. No moisturizing benefits either. I used this twice daily for four months and no difference in my skin whatsoever.

on 7/10/2013 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I also have tried this serum. I cannot say I've seen any difference at all except an empty wallet! In the past I used his Un-Wrinkle serum and that was fabulous! Also, I have found that you need several drops to work around your whole face. It's like water, so it dribbles between your fingers and you lose a lot. I will say that I have tried Paula's Choice toners (blue bottle) and it does more!