Garnier Ambre Solaire BB Cream SPF 50 for Very Fair Skin

Garnier Ambre Solaire BB Cream SPF 50 for Very Fair Skin
Ambre Solaire BB Cream SPF 50 for Very Fair SkinAmbre Solaire BB Cream SPF 50 for Very Fair Skin

2.3

on 3/14/2017 5:15:00 PM

Really awful product. Wrong color and so greasy. It is like wearing a heavy greasy musk. Waste of money.

Bought this BB cream thinking it would be wonderful to use on days I play golf. How wrong I was. Says on box SPF High Protection for Very Fair Skin and evens out skin tone. Colour is far too dark for my skin which is very fair. In my opinion did not think it was good value for the money at all. I put some on the back of my hand and knew immediately this was not going to work one little bit. Really disappointed in this product. Would not recommend it and will not buy again. Left with an unused tube and am not happy.

on 12/28/2015 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was anything but 'fair' or 'light' or however it was described on the packaging! I thought I had found the answer to my prayers - a complete sunscreen with a touch of makeup for fair skin. It might be a good sunblock but it is far too dark plus someone commented that my skin looked plasticky! It might suit someone with a darker complexion than me so I'm back to the drawing board.

on 9/10/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is not for fair skin! This isn't even for medium skin.. I am pale, but I definitely know people who are paler than me, im not the palest out there and this is dark orange against my skin. I fake tan a lot in the summer and I wouldn't even wear this on my face to match my fake tan because it is that dark. I have no idea what Garnier was thinking calling this very fair? Big mistake, they are going to have a lot of grumpy customers. Shame, because it has a very nice feel/ texture.

on 1/7/2015 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've just bought & used this & think it is great. It suits my skin colour (medium/tan?) and is perfect for the harsh southern hemisphere sun under which you burn in minutes. It does say it blends naturally with skin tone but perhaps Garnier should write that it is best on medium and darker skin. I generally don't buy any beauty products but bought this for the high SPF factor and slight tint and I love it. The smell isn't strong and I do notice strong smells immediately as I'm not used to them. This is well-priced too - $NZD13.

on 7/15/2014 4:24:00 PM

Horrible! Dark orange color, i cannot think of a complexion that would actually match the color of this product. Plus it's greasy and heavy and applies uneven. Complete waste !!

on 5/18/2014 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Update: 20th June 2014: I have been using this daily and I have to say that I'm still really impressed, it gives good coverage. I find it lasts the longest when used with only primer underneath, if I moisturise first then my face is a little too greasy which in turn doesn't make it last as long. The primer i recommend is Mac Prep & Prime in the black tube.

Original review: I have been using this recently as it's been hot here over in London and I wanted something I could whack on quickly in the morning that had a high spf in it. I suffer from hyperpigmentation on my face if the sun gets to it im done for. This product suited the bill.
First things first. This would not suit people with very fair skin. The colour of this product is perfect for someone like me, I am an.NC30/5. It is a deep warm beige colour. DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU ARE PALE. I like consistancy. It applies easily and smells good. It has a really high spf50, perfect for people who want to protect their face in a hurry in the mornings. One tip, don't let it get near your eyes, I made that mistake once and they watered like crazy all day. Overall I would highly recommend this BB cream.

on 7/9/2013 9:24:00 PM

Product is described as for very fair skin so why is the colour dark orange. I think it's too dark even for medium skin tones. So it's marketed for very fair skins yet it's not only too dark for fair skin it's also orange.

I can't actually tell you how well it works as I couldn't wait to get it off my skin, as for going outside, well perhaps I'll save it for Halloween.

Honestly Garnier what on earth were you thinking.

I've added 3 pics, one with the cap open so you can see the colour, 2nd with the back showing it was mean't for VERY FAIR SKIN!!!! and thirdly on the inside of my arm, large streak is well rubbed in and the smaller one isn't at all. To give you an idea I'm a NC/NW15 sometimes 20 on the Mac scale.