Bondi Sands - Self Tanning Foam Dark

Bondi Sands - Self Tanning Foam Dark

3.5

A friend recommended this to me and previously I was using j bronze tan. I use light/medium and I have very fair skin and turns out really nicely. The first time I used it I was horrified it would streak as it doesn't take long to dry and doesn't spread as smoothly as jbronze. So I make sure I really, carefully rub in with the tanning mitt. The colour comes up divine and nicer than jbronze. Instant tanning as well. It also fades without any problems. I found it gathered a little bit under the knees but I probably need to exfoliate that area harder. The only negative about this product is that it starts to fade quickly within 2 days and you need to reapply. Otherwise it is as good as a tan in a salon. Would definitely repurchase

on 4/14/2017 1:16:00 PM

I recently purchased the bondi sands tan in dark, I have saloe skin but I'd still be on the pale side and although it gave me a beautiful smooth tan it just wasn't as dramatic as I would've liked. I tan when I'm out in the sun and the dark foam gave me the same colour so I would say if you're looking for a more of a sunkissed look this tan is definitely for you. When I applied a second layer it came out more bronzed which I was very happy with. I think the ultra dark will give me a more bronzed look. Other than the problems I had with finding the right shade, it's a very good tan which gives a natural streak free tan as promised and the smell is to DIE FOR 😍😍

I bought the light/medium version of this tan. With 2 layers I had the most gorgeous natural looking tan.

BUT it completely dried my skin out to the point that I was actually in pain from the tightness of the skin, on my legs in particular. It made my skin feel sunburnt when I woke up.

The smell of this tan is delicious, really summery! Colour is fantastic, wore off very evenly and easily, easy to apply.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a really nice fake tan! It has a foam formula and the foam is tinted so you can see where it has been applied. It is easy to apply with the Bondi Sands Mitt, and leaves an even and streak-free tan. This product does not turn orange, green or any other disaster colours, but instead leaves your skin a nice natural gold colour. I have warm skin and this tan compliments it nicely. Leaving it for 2 hours creates a natural look but leaving it even longer allows for a deeper colour to develop. It has good lasting power and fades evenly so you won't end up looking patchy. The scent is a pleasant coconut scent which is not overly strong. This product is also simple enough for beginners to use, I highly recommend it and was pleased with the results. This tan is vegan and cruelty free.

I was really disappointed with this product after seeing the hype all over you tube & Instagram i really wanted to try it so I first started out with the Dark tanning foam and then the ultra dark and both times they turned out streaky, orange and after a few days it looked like i had a skin disease. i really dont know why this company pays their social media influencers to promote lies - i guess you get what you pay for but its not salon quality like they say and I defintely wont be in a rush to go buy any of their products again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have brought 4 of these over about a year and a half. IT SMELLS LIKE COCONUT!! WHATS NOT TO LIKE! It gives you a great "natural" as can be from a bottle tan. Apply, leave for 1, 2 or 3 hours (depending on how deep you want the tan) then shower off and it keeps developing whilst you feel clean and fresh. No more "fake tan sheets". I apply mine with latex gloves, meaning no tan build-up on your hands from application and no product waste absorbing into the mitts you can buy. After tanning body and face I pull on the glove line and rub a bit on the top of my hands, then take them off and let the tan do it's magic

on 12/1/2016 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish this tan was better after all the hype. The colour transfers to sheets so badly that I need to put plastic bag on top of everything I sit on after applying. At least in comes off nicely.

on 12/1/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

No. No. No. This tan has been so hyped up the past few months and my pharmacy recently started stocking the Ultra Dark foam. I have been using St Moriz in dark and it is amazing, but to get the shade I want I have to double tan with it, so thought Ultra Dark from Bondi Sands would be great as I would only have to do 1 layer to get the same result. WRONG. First, it was expensive here in $NZ. $30.99 (St Moriz in the same mls is $11!). When I put it on, it was so hard to blend as it "dried" too quick and I had to use double the amount I do with St Moriz. Next problem was that it DIDN'T dry, it stayed sticky and tacky for hours and therefore transferred onto my clothes and sheets and was so uncomfortable. I can only imagine how uncomfy this would be in the middle of Summer, feeling sticky for hours! The smell was very strong too, and I dont think at all like coconuts. Left it on overnight, washed it off in the morning. It was ultra dark alright, on my hands, feet, knees and elbows even though I moisturized them thoroughly, whereas the rest of my body there was barely any change! Plus, it's ORANGE! One of the only fake tans where I've had people ask "What did you do to yourself?" It looked that bad. And it was patchy in places I'm assuming because it didn't dry properly so it "sweated" off? Worst part was I tanned on a Wednesday night as I had plans Thursday, Friday and Saturday and by Friday night my skin looked like a reptile. It had cracked, and had flaked off completely on one of my knees. This has never happened to me before. I am so, so disappointed in this product, I have no idea how it is raved about so much. All I can think now is everyone on YouTube who raves about this must be sponsored. I will stick to my St Moriz which is the opposite of everything the Bondi Sands foam is - plus I can get three bottles for the price of one of these. It's a no brainer for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great product for the price range. It is decently dark, it is very affordable and looks very natural on your skin (no orange nightmares here). I use the Ultra Dark version of this as my main tanner usually, can't say I am overly disappointed with it but it definitely doesn't impress me either. There are a few things I don't like about this product that are bearable considering how cheap it is, but are the reasons I can't give it 5 stars.

-The smell. My god, it is so strong and sweet. I know most people like the smell of this, but I honestly can't deal with it. It stinks out my whole room and worse yet lingers on my body for a good 3 days after tanning. It seems like they went so far to try disguise the smell of the tanner that they decided to make it potent enough to knock out your entire household.

-The tan stays on your skin for maybe 5 days at the very most and that's with moisturising twice a day and me using gradual tanner on top to make it last a little while longer.

-The colour is transparent. Weirdest thing, I don't know if I'm the only one who is experiencing this or has noticed it, but the colour is nice and tan when you look at it from a normal/dim lighting kind of perspective however when you look at your skin close enough in brighter light it honestly looks like the colour is gently sitting on top and you can see my paleness underneath it. I can't even explain it properly. I have tried a few brands of fake tan but this is the first brand that I have noticed this with. I don't even understand how it can be possible, but I notice my whiteness through the tanner. I use enough product (2-3 pumps for each body part e.g. 2 for calves area 2-3 for thighs, 2-3 for lower stomach, 2-3 for chest + neck area etc.) and I follow it up with gradual tanner within the next few days are tanning and the moisturiser seems to be what gets rid of this weird whiteness I see.

-The colour I find is not buildable unless you use other products (gradual tanner). Before I used the gradual tanner to fix the whiteness problem I thought that the usual double dipping trick (apply tanner for two days in a row) should make me extra tan for a night out and diminish the whiteness issue. Literally the second night did nothing for the colour - I applied it as usual and washed it off the next morning and I was the exact same colour as the first application. Again I'm like how is that possible? I have tried doing extra pumps to make it darker, no results it's still the same shade the next morning. It's like the colour has a cap on how dark it will go and no matter how much more product or amount of times you use it it stays the same. The only thing I find works is gradual tanner, if I want it to be darker.

Overall it is a pretty decent product, colour is very nice and for the price point I wouldn't say you can complain much. I would just highly recommend buying the gradual tanner and using it for a few days after the fake tan application. The issues I experience with it do my head in and I wonder if I'm just making things up or something. If you're looking for a cheap, dark and natural tanner I would recommend this all the way!

on 11/28/2016 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my go to tan! I used to use the liquid/normal one but recently found the foam and it is even better!
It spreads easily and when applied with a mitt (I do use the Bondi Sands mitt) it is always even and never patchy if applied correctly.
I will say it isn't at its darkest the day you wash it off, I would say the day AFTER it is darkest. Applying a second layer after the first makes it even darker, but when it starts to come off it isn't patchy or blotchy, it just fades which I love. And of course, if you moisturise it stays around even longer. Love it!